Good Things Topic.

villagefarang

Kd . Do you still have some spuds left. I could go a good brekkie with Hashbrowns and all.

I was offered Tadpoles for breakfast yesterday, TADPOLES !! :bah: ... HONEST.!. put me off eating for about 12 hours. Be good for anyone contemplating a diet B)

Tadpoles? Who offered you tadpoles? I mean, I know pretty much anything is on the menu but, tadpoles <deleted>! YUK!

I can see why it put you off eating anything, just reading about it has put my face upside down. Were they cooked?

I guess I'm lucky, Ms Tastic doesn't go for 'odd' food. Brother in law however... I hope he's winding me up but I doubt it, everything he sees moving he says 'Bipp, doo! Arroi!'

He quite happily sits with a large sack of 'nok noi' and spends 3 hours plucking them till he ends up with 4 mouthfulls of birds bones, but won't eat chicken!

Even if I was starving it'd take me a week at least before I ate <deleted> tadpoles!!! sick.gif

My wife loves tadpoles. When she gets a bowl of fresh ones she grabs them by the head and squeezes out all the guts and sh-t before she cooks them. YUK

Kd . Do you still have some spuds left. I could go a good brekkie with Hashbrowns and all.

I was offered Tadpoles for breakfast yesterday, TADPOLES !! :bah: ... HONEST.!. put me off eating for about 12 hours. Be good for anyone contemplating a diet B)

Tadpoles? Who offered you tadpoles? I mean, I know pretty much anything is on the menu but, tadpoles <deleted>! YUK!

I can see why it put you off eating anything, just reading about it has put my face upside down. Were they cooked?

I guess I'm lucky, Ms Tastic doesn't go for 'odd' food. Brother in law however... I hope he's winding me up but I doubt it, everything he sees moving he says 'Bipp, doo! Arroi!'

He quite happily sits with a large sack of 'nok noi' and spends 3 hours plucking them till he ends up with 4 mouthfulls of birds bones, but won't eat chicken!

Even if I was starving it'd take me a week at least before I ate <deleted> tadpoles!!! sick.gif

My wife loves tadpoles. When she gets a bowl of fresh ones she grabs them by the head and squeezes out all the guts and sh-t before she cooks them. YUK

That looked like it was MY wife that loves tadpoles :lol: I haven't married her yet! And she won't even eat beef 'cos she saw a cow cry on it's way to the abbatoir :lol:

Double yuk on the tadpoles btw what does she do with a bowl of not so fresh ones? No, wait, 2nd thoughts, don't tell me!

Chiang Rai offers some of he highest quality of life in the world. I have worked in 30 countries and 9 provinces in Thailand and have not found another place that offers what Chiang Rai does. I often complain about the government not promoting tourism but in retrospect we have enough. You won't find a Doi Tung or Doi Masalong any place else. Hoping I can sell my business in Bangkok next year and get into some serious fishing at Don's lakes where there are a lot of big ones.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Why does this remind me of cmjantje? And Jell-o commercials?

http://www.huffingto...r_n_802657.html

Yes, well, watching that ad certainly caused a little personal physical enlargement so there may be something in it.

A similar ad on Philippines TV advertised "breast enlargement" cream. (I also saw some cream that claimed to restore virginity, but that's another story.)

An extremely attractive girl was having a snog with her boyfriend on the lounge and he goes for a grope.

Suddenly a look of out outrage appears on his face and he plunges his hand down the front of her dress and pulls out a... ahem.. falsie.

He storms out while she weeps uncontrollably.

Scene shifts and a friend shows her the miracle cream and she is seen applying it.. discreetly of course.

Next thing she has these huge boobs and the boyfriend is on his knees proposing with the biggest diamond ring you ever saw :lol: .

Jeez I used to love Philippines TV.

• 3 months later...

A Chiang Rai resident was preparing to drive to the big city of Chiang Mai for the first time. He had been driving a pickup truck for years but he had heard something about Chiang Mai being serious about traffic lights. He called a friend in Chiang Mai and asked about the Chiang Mai procedure for traffic lights. The friend set him straight:

"When the light is green, it means that all of the Chiang Mai people can go."

"When the light is yellow, it means that the BKK people can go."

"When it is red, it means that the Chiang Rai people can go."

The Chiang Rai man thanked his Chiang Mai friend for the advice and set off for Chiang Mai with confidence.

Upon arriving in the big city, he soon came to a green light. He stopped for the light and marveled at the flow of traffic and was impressed with how many of the drivers were from Chiang Mai. Soon, the light became yellow and he watched the small number of drivers who proceeded and thought it was fitting that so few drivers in Chiang Mai were from BKK. At last, the light turned red and off he went. He was halfway through the intersection when a red faced BIB began blowing his whistle, waving his arms and motioning to him.

As the Chiang Rai driver drove past the cop, he smiled and waved and shouted out his window, "IT"S OKAY!!! I'M FROM CHIANG RAI!"

Edited by kandahar

A Chiang Rai resident was preparing to drive to the big city of Chiang Mai for the first time. He had been driving a pickup truck for years but he had heard something about Chiang Mai being serious about traffic lights. He called a friend in Chiang Mai and asked about the Chiang Mai procedure for traffic lights. The friend set him straight:

"When the light is green, it means that all of the Chiang Mai people can go."

"When the light is yellow, it means that the BKK people can go."

"When it is red, it means that the Chiang Rai people can go."

The Chiang Rai man thanked his Chiang Mai friend for the advice and set off for Chiang Mai with confidence.

Upon arriving in the big city, he soon came to a green light. He stopped for the light and marveled at the flow of traffic and was impressed with how many of the drivers were from Chiang Mai. Soon, the light became yellow and he watched the small number of drivers who proceeded and thought it was fitting that so few drivers in Chiang Mai were from BKK. At last, the light turned red and off he went. He was halfway through the intersection when a red faced BIB began blowing his whistle, waving his arms and motioning to him.

As the Chiang Rai driver drove past the cop, he smiled and waved and shouted out his window, "IT"S OKAY!!! I'M FROM CHIANG RAI!"

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahaha :D I must have nodded off at the keyboard :clap2::cheesy:

I like the fresh country air,the gentle people and the opportunity to enjoy life at a slower pace !

See change as well as living it

Dont forget smog at times.

Dont know a lot about C/R. All I can speculate is that living outside must be great. Going through it on the 1Rd the other day 11am was a Bloody nightmare Fume's, Traffic/Traffic light's, none work in conjunction with each other. I thought it was only one step up from Pattaya. As I got there my sat/nav told me the time at destination would be 3/09pm by the time I got through C/R in km not that far as you know it was 3/47pm. Thank Buddha I didnt arrive in rush hour. Had wanted to give the town a looksee as there seem to be good report's about the place but gave it a miss, will give it another go in a few month's time. Sorry If I'm upsetting any peep's. Just how it was for me.

Not many towns are meant to be experienced on the superhighway where it funnels trucks and distance travelers, into the mix of sunday shopper out for a day with the family. It sounds like you did encounter some of our slower pace, and found it not to your liking. Not many places are going to reveal there charms to those who rush through on a Sunday. ;)

Yes Y

Not many towns are meant to be experienced on the superhighway where it funnels trucks and distance travelers, into the mix of sunday shopper out for a day with the family. It sounds like you did encounter some of our slower pace, and found it not to your liking. Not many places are going to reveal there charms to those who rush through on a Sunday. ;)

Yes agree, it was "Friday" morning. Left Mai-Sai early to give C/R a look. But the traffic all direction's was the pit's. Next time I'm up to M/S am going to stay a few night's in C/R to have a look round. Have gleened a few idea's from these's post's. I hope I'm pleasently surprised. Will ask at a later date for Hotel's in the centre so I don't have to drive. Kandahar, put me right for same in M/S. Hope he and other peep's can do the same in C/R.Looking forward to staying there. Edited by fredob43

Yes agree, it was "Friday" morning. Left Mai-Sai early to give C/R a look.

You started "Early morning" from Mae Sai and then "As I got there my sat/nav told me the time at destination would be 3/09pm by the time I got through C/R in km not that far as you know it was 3/47pm."

Are you on a bicycle or a Honda Phantom or maybe something even slower?

Early morning in most countries is around 7 AM and you arrived in Chiang Rai 8 hours later ! (?)

I do not think that your slow pace has anything to do with heavy traffic, try another vehicle next time !

Or probably the best, take the bus! Just for your own safety and our !

But still, I hope you will enjoy CR when you come next time!

;):lol::whistling:

The farmer went to town for the first time ever in his old pickup truck. When he returned home, he told his friends of the traffic nightmare in the big city. "Yup", he said, 'as far as I could see in my rear-view mirrors, the traffic was backed up, for miles and miles. I was so lucky to be staying just out in front of that mess."

"Yup", said his friends. "Happens just like that every time we go, too. Who would want to live like that?".

You started "Early morning" from Mae Sai and then "As I got there my sat/nav told me the time at destination would be 3/09pm by the time I got through C/R in km not that far as you know it was 3/47pm."

Early morning in most countries is around 7 AM and you arrived in Chiang Rai 8 hours later ! (?)

I do not think that your slow pace has anything to do with heavy traffic, try another vehicle next time !

The S/N give's you a time of arrival at destination = end of trip. That's what I was quoting. If you had one you would know. Early morning for me is breaky at nine am then go. Still liked your quip's. And yes looking forward to my visit there. Look's an interesting place. But still hate that bloody rd. Edited by fredob43

The S/N give's you a time of arrival at destination = end of trip. That's what I was quoting. If you had one you would know. Early morning for me is breaky at nine am then go. Still liked your quip's. And yes looking forward to my visit there. Look's an interesting place. But still hate that bloody rd.

Same deal as mine, it will give me a trip estimate based on known legal speed limits along the route at start and update the time as you go slower or faster.

I just wish all the bells and whistles on my Tom-Tom would work in Thailand, but having no Live feed access, I have just standard map function. My Tom-Tom in Europe is a whole new ballgame. Instant Accidents reports along route, changing weather conditions etc. B)

I love CR, well living in a small village 30 k away but having access to city fair. My first trip was Sept and driving a scooter into CR, I had the usual rain come down. Sitting under a tree for shelter seem to get the attention of a local who waved me into shelter at his home, with tea from the wife and I no thai, they no english, just a helping hand and a smile to a stranger. Like being back in the 60's in Canada.

Shopping for something, finding everything but that something and "who cares" always tomorrow or the next day, Mai Phen Rai, love it!!!

Stopping for directions and soon having 1/2 the village around you trying to help, leaving with no better idea of where you are going but a smile on your face from the moment.

Understanding why thai eat so much chicken, who wouldn't after the first few morning being woken at 0400 by roosters showing off (who wakes them?)

Having to shuck off all that 21st century, 1st world nonsense and just live in the moment and actually like it :lol:

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Thought I would get this back on the first page.

First Saturday Immigration at the Mall and Central and MC trips and most people being on my list of good things.

Like those good things. Rather ignore the bad ones.

How sweet of you to bump this topic back to the first page. Sometimes it is good to remember the good things we have here in the Rai instead of holding grudges and hurling insults.

I love the rain after a hot dry spell. The world takes on a whole new look and smell. It is so much cooler too.

Now if someone could just help out these newbies who are trying to make a connection here on our forum, that would be a good thing too. My location is far too remote to lend a hand and I don't golf.

• 1 month later...

I knew someone would jump to the bait but I’m sure I don’t know what might be implied by such cryptic musings.whistling.gifwink.png

As for the pictures on the front page, that is easily remedied by simply interacting with other posters and letting them know someone is home, or offering up something you enjoy and sharing it with others.biggrin.png

Is posting really all that difficult?violin.gifshock1.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...