What Restaurants Have You Eaten Out At Recently?

Paul888

I think Aye's being in the prime position it is , may cater more for Tourists who have a few bob to spend. I'm sure its good food nontheless.

I'd recommend Don's Breakfasts , but its a bit out of town. Just about the best breakfast I've had here except for the one my wife cooks me most days.

I think Ayes is a place designed for tourists that only stay one night in town. It is not for people living here in CR, they do not expect any customer to come back.

I have been there two times, expensive and no good food. Will not be back .

Ol Dutch had fantastic breakfast 6-7 years ago. You paid 100 or 110 bath for a breakfast that was very well cooked and so big that it was almost impossible to finish it. Incl real coffee and real juice. But after a while it started to be smaller and smaller and the price was going up so all of us regular breakfastguys stopped going there. I think it is more than 200 baht today.

The breakfast in Wiang Inn is very good but also expensive. At least 250 baht but you can eat as much as you want. Strange that the breakfast is more expensive than the buffelunch!

:P:rolleyes::P

I think Aye's being in the prime position it is , may cater more for Tourists who have a few bob to spend. I'm sure its good food nontheless.

I'd recommend Don's Breakfasts , but its a bit out of town. Just about the best breakfast I've had here except for the one my wife cooks me most days.

I agree Don's breakfast is good (by CR standards) although I usually have it for brunch or lunch. Maybe even dinner.

Did Rim Kok buffet yesterday. Good stuff, but for the first time for me, not one beef item on offer. But the two different fish selections were really good, so that is what I went after. They almost always have some good fish dishes there.

Did Rim Kok buffet yesterday. Good stuff, but for the first time for me, not one beef item on offer. But the two different fish selections were really good, so that is what I went after. They almost always have some good fish dishes there.

Maybe we could have a TV get-together at the Rimkok buffet sometime, preceded by an optional swim to wet the appetite.

For a good breakfast The Chat House Guest house (in the Soi down the side of Wat Phra Kaew) good sized cooked breakfast, full pack of butter on a dish, bowl of jam - fresh coffee , many alternatives on the menu - 85baht - Can't beat that!

Breakfast or lunch is fine. Evening meal is fine. Coffee is fine. I would meet in a bar but I'll drink Pepsi. No drinking and driving for me.

Maybe need a new thread with that CR TV M&G as the title. Probably quite a few aren't interested in restaurants enough to read this one. So, specific thread for that topic maybe?

Edited by kandahar

Sounds good to me. You leading?

Just at the moment I'm free lunch time Sundays. But I work for a language school and especially at weekends I'm at their beck and call, although I'd like to I'd better not lead it. Any offers?

• 1 month later...