Tel Details For Thai Passort Renewal

Has anyone got the tel No. of the Gov department (Bangkock)that deals with passport renewal for thai citizens. Also can anyone offer any informed advice on the following:

My wife is travelling from the UK to Thailand, she will be there for around 6 weeks. She has a UK passport as well as her thai passport. Her thai passport runs out while she is over there and she has left it too late to renew it over here....if she travels on her UK passport will she have to pay the fine for overstaying the 28 days?

Cheers guys

hull monkey

Has anyone got the  tel No. of the Gov department (Bangkock)that deals with passport renewal for thai citizens. Also can anyone offer any informed advice on the following:

My wife is travelling from the UK to Thailand, she will be there for around 6 weeks. She has a UK passport as well as her thai passport. Her thai passport runs out while she is over there and she has left it too late to renew it over here....if she travels on her UK passport will she have to pay the fine for overstaying the 28 days?

Cheers guys

hull monkey

I'm afraid she will be fined if she overstays on the UK passport ( 200 baht per day ). The airline may refuse to uplift her because she has no confirmed outbound ticket within 30 days. She should get a Thai tourist visa and avoid the hassles.

No need for the visa doc. Thai immigration make you enter Thailand on the passport you left on, whether it is valid or not. I was once made to enter on a Thai PP that was 1.5 years expired, even though I had presented my new one. She will be able to enter on the Thai PP without any problem whatsoever using her current Thai PP.

Once back in Thailand, either head to your local passport office (which included postoffices I believe) of the Ministry of Consular Affairs in Chaeng Wattana, near the airport, to get a new PP renewed. Takes 3 days I believe.

Full information for Thai passport is here MFA

Your wife should enter using her Thai passport. She can exit using her new passport. She is Thai so she will not have an departure card to give immigration but only a new card to fill out when she departs on which she will put current passport information. Although if this is just a 5 year renewal rather than a new passport it will be the same.

Full information for Thai passport is here MFA

Your wife should enter using her Thai passport.  She can exit using her new passport.  She is Thai so she will not have an departure card to give immigration but only a new card to fill out when she departs on which she will put current passport information.  Although if this is just a 5 year renewal rather than a new passport it will be the same.

Thanks for the info guys and thanks for the link lopburi3.

hullmonkey