American Arrested On Money Laundering Charges On Koh Samui

webfact

American arrested

By The Nation on Sunday

An American wanted by US authorities for alleged money laundering was charged on Samui Island yesterday.

Immigration police arrested Ronald Paul Shade, 39, who was allegedly fled California after international police and San Bernardino court issued arrest warrants for him. He was detained to face charges of money laundering and stealing about US$14 million.

Police said the American Embassy contacted them to trace Shade. They later found him "hiding" in Samui, which led to the arrest.

The suspect, who allegedly confessed, will be extradited to the US, according to a bilateral extradition treaty.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-07-18

Glad they caught him! We think this kind of stuff only happens here...but it is rampant in the US also. I'm from Vegas, and have dabbled in these investments for years. You really have to watch out when you do this. They got a big firm in Vegas about 4 years ago for doing the same thing. Advertising 18% returns and it was just a ponzi scheme.

Just shows you though, 14 million US and he still can't make himself "disappear". You can run and you can hide but the hounds will sniff you out eventually.

Obviously he may have had shed loads of money but very little street smarts. All he needed to do was to part with one of those millions to the right person and........Pooof!

"Mr Shade? Mai leuw Mr Shade".

• Like 1

I think Thailand must be on the top of the list when it comes to "Destination Getaways for Crooks on the Run."

And they never learn. So many get caught. If you wanna hide out in Thailand, go live up north by the Burmese border......

Or in a country without an extradition treaty with the US!

I think Thailand must be on the top of the list when it comes to "Destination Getaways for Crooks on the Run."

And they never learn. So many get caught. If you wanna hide out in Thailand, go live up north by the Burmese border......

Exactly, you'd think with 14 million in your pocket you could find a better place to hide than Samui.......................I think even Bangkok would be a better place to hide.

'So many get caught'? Nobody can say that because nobody know how many crooks are 'still' in LoS.

It's relative :jap:

Exactly, you'd think with 14 million in your pocket you could find a better place to hide than Samui.......................I think even Bangkok would be a better place to hide.

Go Brazil , and make Brazilian baby , Brazil does not extradite father from Brazilian baby , worked long time for" Mr Bigs "from the big train robbery in England many years ago.....:whistling:

If you wanna hide out in Thailand, go live up north by the Burmese border......

It works for me...

Criminals hiding in the North? Are you proud that they couldn't find you yet? Seems you're a kind of Paa Baa....

Edited by Maestro
Changed font format to default. No need to write entire post in Comis Sans MS - Maestro

When i was on the run in my ex SAS days, we use to hide out in the Cambodian jungles.

You do not need millions to do hide away these days.

Just a bit of basic army training and you can join a rebel group like i did when i was in the Khmer Rouge.

<br>When i was on the run in my ex SAS days, we use to hide out in the Cambodian  jungles.<br><br>You do not need millions to do hide away these days.<br><br>Just a bit of basic army training  and you can join a rebel group like i did when i was in the Khmer Rouge.<br>
<br><br><br>

<div><br></div><div>dosen't sound like much fun though.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>