How Many Documents Needed For Non-b?

I am moving to Bangkok in October and have a letter from the company I will be working for. However, the consulate web site says they might "deem necessary" other documents for the non-B, like old tax forms, Registration of Trade copies, certified approval letter from Labor Department, etc. All I have is a letter sponsoring the visa request.

How often do consulates request these other documents? It seems like if they did, no one would ever get a non-B. Will my employer's letter likely suffice?

Just curious what I'm getting into before I go to the consulate.

Thanks.

Bill

You do not state your nationality, or the country where the Thai Consulate is located.

In many cases, in Western Countries, if you are a citizen of the country where you are applying, the local diplomatic post will accept just a sponsor letter - from ANY company (it does not have to be in Thailand). In countries where Honorary Consulates are preesnt, you can often virtually "buy" a Class B (orClassO) visa.

If you are a third party national, the likelihood of such favorable treatment drops.

Within Asia, virtually all Thai diplomatic possts require that sponosr letter be from a Thai company, and include a full copy of company registration papers.

Finally,if you area citizen of about 15 countries (which include Philippines, Indonesia, Bnagladesh, and India), you cannot obtain a Class V visa excep[t in your home country, and then only after the Thai Emplayer has obtained for youa WP3 employment pre-pproval certificate from the Ministry of Labor.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

I suggest that you contact:

Royal Thai Consulate-General

2800 Texas Commerce Tower

Houston Tx 77002-3094

Tel (713) 229 8733

Fax (713) 228 1303

Call them and ask what they need from you. This is probbaly one of the most "customer friendly" Consulates.

Good luck!

Steve

Indo-Siam

I suggest that you contact:

Royal Thai Consulate-General ... Houston Tx 77002-3094

Call them and ask what they need from you.  This is probably one of the most "customer friendly" Consulates.

Good luck!

Steve

Indo-Siam

Agreed, that Houston is customer friendly. Nonetheless, you don't just walk in there empty-handed. As soon as they saw I'd been in Venezuela, they required a yellow fever vaccination certificate, which I had. I've always given them everything they said they needed, including proper invitations for employment in Thailand. You come back 24 hours later. They are not push-overs. It didn't hurt that I had a driver's license from Houston and my passport was issued in Houston, etc. You still have to do your part. There are no free lunches, and they got $125 from me. Friendly, yes - but still strict enough to be a consulate.

I'm not saying this to argue with anybody; it's just that all our previous posts might give the false impression that some consulates like Houston (or Hull) give away visas for nothing more than cold cash - not true.

I live in Chicago currently, and I'll most likely just use the consulate here.

I was just wondering how often the consulates require all the additional paperwork, mentioned in my initial post.

Thanks for your replies.

-Bill

Why don't you simply call the Chicago Consulate and ask exactly what is required? Every diplomatic post can operate at its own discretion.

Consular Services Hours : 10.00 hrs. - 14.00 hrs. (Monday - Friday)

Visa inquiries

Tel: 312-664-3129 extension 124

Cheers!

Steve

Indo-Siam