Sausage Machine

Crossy

OK, anyone know where to get a sausage stuffer like this:-

stuffersSect.jpg

In or around Bangkok :)

We already have a Mr Wimpy hand crank mincer with a stuffer attachment, it's just an awful lot of cranking :(

Crossy,

with our machine was a joke of course.

Try to get in touch with 75, pretty sure they have smaller ones.

At home I have a very old one, filling for around 3kg, but still works.

I will ask some people here, may be I am lucky.

Gerd

Yeah, I know mate, the smilie fell off :(

I'll have a go at contacting 75, a 3kg filler is exactly the size we're looking for, home consumption only (OK we take to barbies as well, never brought any home afterwards) :P

Crossy....have you tried those old fashioned cast iron hand cranked meat mincers with a sausage funnel that they sell at Makro [here in CM]?? I've been thinking of getting one to make my own hamburger and sausages. Prices range from 650thb-up....depending on size and they do assemble them with electric motors if you want to crank lots out.

I switched to a hand cranked coffee grinder a year ago, after going thru 4 electric ones in 10 yrs. Cranking is not a problem, as the kids love to do it and maid does it as well.

The best thing about 'low tech' machines is that they will outlast me and always work when the power is down.

Thanks TG, but I was looking for something weighing slightly less than 91kg :)

Your machine makes more in a minute than we would eat in a year.

hi Crossy: I was in the market yesterday and saw some Thai ladies buying miles of pig intestine...assumed for sausages?..I want to make 'em but don't know what the "skin" is supposed to be ..do you buy commercial 'skins" or?

Gonna bring back my old mums hand cranker from Canada...but will look out for the machine you picture...seem to remember seeing one in a kitchen supply place in china town in Penang ...but seen zip here..

cheers

david

JayDee - yes we have a hand cranker, it works well but needs an awful lot of cranking, the hydraulic machine is just sooo much less work.

David006 - we use pig small intestine, you can even get it in Tesco. Wash thoroughly (wifey puts it on the tap = 6 foot condom and lots of giggles), you need to work salt into it as well (no idea why she just does) then rinse thoroughly.

KItchenmaid mixers have a sausage making attachment.

Indeed (as do most kitchen chef type units), but they are of the screw feed type. I like a coarse mince sausage, the screws tend to mash up my carefully prepared mixture :(

You can get a sausage stuffer just like in your picture at the kitchen shop along Rama 4 (Kluay Num Thai Tow Op, 3690-2 Rama4 Rd. Kolngtoey, Bangkok 10110). They're about 8,000 baht though, but as Thaigerd said they last a life time.

All the Macro's here in Bangkok sell cleaned sausage skins. They're packet in salt and cost 305 baht a pack and you'll find them in the freezer, with the pork products.

You can get a sausage stuffer just like in your picture at the kitchen shop along Rama 4 (Kluay Num Thai Tow Op, 3690-2 Rama4 Rd. Kolngtoey, Bangkok 10110). They're about 8,000 baht though, but as Thaigerd said they last a life time.

All the Macro's here in Bangkok sell cleaned sausage skins. They're packet in salt and cost 305 baht a pack and you'll find them in the freezer, with the pork products.

Cheers, 8k is not cheap, but still going to be cheaper than shipping from the UK.

Any chance of a location map to the shop (from an MRT if possible) :)

EDIT found their website (with map), not near an MRT but should be ok by taxi :)

Cheers, 8k is not cheap, but still going to be cheaper than shipping from the UK.

Any chance of a location map to the shop (from an MRT if possible) :)

EDIT found their website (with map), not near an MRT but should be ok by taxi :)

Sorry, should have added the website and the map for you.

Here it is for anyone else wanting to find the place http://bakeryeasy.net/MAP_E.HTM

Their Phrakanong branch is within walking distance from the BTS, but I've always used the Rama 4 shop. But from the MRT (Queen Sirikit or Klong Toei) it will only be about 40 baht in a taxi to the Rama 4 branch, just jump out at the petrol station past Carrefour and cross the road.

Between the Phra Kanong and Rama IV branches, is there any particular difference between the range of products they have on display??? I've never been to their shop before, but am interested to go see what kinds of things they carry.

• 5 months later...

I have just seen a 10ltr Sausage Stuffer at Makro Cash and Carry, all Stainless Steel Vertical ram, includes four different size SS filling nozzels small up to Salami size, a very well made machine and food quality Stainless, around 13,000 Thb. Smaller ones available 9,000Thb for 5ltr but you need to order will take a week to get in from their supplier.

• 8 years later...