Why Live In Bangkok?

Thomas_Merton

It is becoming hard not to notice each time a thread comes up that is not favorable to the north several certain crusaders rush in and become especially defensive about it--twice just in this thread alone. I don't see any value of these subtle put downs to the discussion and find it ironic such pompous people devote time in the Bangkok mini-forum in the first place. It is getting a bit old. Please try to remain calm when I say this: throughout Thailand there are those who prefer to live there, even outside of the north. It's not the end of the world, jing jing.

You misunderstand us completely. We are totally sincere in our belief that the best place for tourists to visit and for foreigners to live is in Bangkok and the south. On many occasions we have posted about the short comings of the north and how inconvenient it is up here. We are just trying to help people make good decisions and not waste their time and resources. I stated that Bangkok has everything...do you disagree? I said that there are lots of posts on this thread that attest to how great Bangkok is...do you disagree? What is it about my post that you disagree with? I said it before and I'll say it again, the best place for tourists to visit and foreigners to make their homes is in Bangkok or the surrounding are in the South....no need to go any further...definitely the south...definitely....

chownah – you don’t happen to live in the north do you? :D:D

Wouln’t happen to want to keep it all to yourself now would you? :o

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is becoming hard not to notice each time a thread comes up that is not favorable to the north several certain crusaders rush in and become especially defensive about it--twice just in this thread alone. I don't see any value of these subtle put downs to the discussion and find it ironic such pompous people devote time in the Bangkok mini-forum in the first place. It is getting a bit old. Please try to remain calm when I say this: throughout Thailand there are those who prefer to live there, even outside of the north. It's not the end of the world, jing jing.

You misunderstand us completely. We are totally sincere in our belief that the best place for tourists to visit and for foreigners to live is in Bangkok and the south. On many occasions we have posted about the short comings of the north and how inconvenient it is up here. We are just trying to help people make good decisions and not waste their time and resources. I stated that Bangkok has everything...do you disagree? I said that there are lots of posts on this thread that attest to how great Bangkok is...do you disagree? What is it about my post that you disagree with? I said it before and I'll say it again, the best place for tourists to visit and foreigners to make their homes is in Bangkok or the surrounding are in the South....no need to go any further...definitely the south...definitely....

chownah – you don’t happen to live in the north do you? :D:D

Wouln’t happen to want to keep it all to yourself now would you? :o

Wellllll....if you don't take my advise and decide to come up north then don't say I didn't warn you.

Wellllll....if you don't take my advise and decide to come up north then don't say I didn't warn you.

I'm an adventurous type - and so are many friends of mine - thanks chownah for the good advice - we are all moving next month to... Chiang Rai. :D

I am sure many more will join us as we are going to promote Chiang Rai worldwide.. We will succeed where the Ministry of Tourism failed.. :D

Just one thing though - could you please send us your address? Your generousity is beyond doubt - we just need a place to crush for a few months (or more).

:o

Edited by ~G~

I'm an adventurous type - and so are many friends of mine - thanks chownah for the good advice - we are all moving next month to... Chiang Rai. :D

I am sure many more will join us as we are going to promote Chiang Rai worldwide.. We will succeed where the Ministry of Tourism failed.. :D

Just one thing though - could you please send us your address? Your generousity is beyond doubt - we just need a place to crush for a few months (or more).

Yeah, you can stay in the outhouse basement....and I'll only charge you half price so as to maintain my legendary generosity.....hey...the north is that kind of place...welcome...and remember one thing...the soi dogs...they do bite!!

For me it is because my work sent me here.  I have a chance to live off the corporation for a few years and save a little money for my future.  Of course, I immediately fell in love with BKK (being single). 

But after 1 yr, I am convinced this is not a place to meet the woman of your dreams.  I'm off to Korea the day my contract is over.  And sooner, if possible.  I've spent 3 months there, and it is a world of difference there when it comes to quality women.  I need a woman I can trust.

word of warning kyb789, korean women smell like kim chi.

dont get me wrong, i like koreans, i like kim chi too, just not together.

For me it is because my work sent me here.  I have a chance to live off the corporation for a few years and save a little money for my future.  Of course, I immediately fell in love with BKK (being single). 

But after 1 yr, I am convinced this is not a place to meet the woman of your dreams.  I'm off to Korea the day my contract is over.  And sooner, if possible.  I've spent 3 months there, and it is a world of difference there when it comes to quality women.  I need a woman I can trust.

Thanks! I got a good laugh tonight. I'm actually in Korea NOW finishing some work business. Last night she smelled exactly as you predicted....(and I don't like kim chi). Great fun.

Comm'on, dude, be creative. Korean women will smell of kim chi only if they have kim chi. I had the pleasure of spending a great vacation with a korean woman in Thailand - could not ask for more.

Examples..... There are a huge number of high class restaurants of every taste and nationality available to you. There a re a large number of International Hotels  available which offer the best service and food in the world.

best service and food in the world.

BALONEY. NO WAY

best service and food in Thailand. This is more realistic.

Food is OK but not great. Value is good. The best food and service requires smarts and a desire to apply the smarts to please the CUSTOMER. Both are lacking in Thailand and Thailand restaurants.

Why live in Bangkok? - Because I can. :o

I am lucky enough to have a job that pretty much allows me to live anywhere in Asia, and for now I choose Bangkok.

More to the point – I have a Thai wife and while I am intrigued by Thai culture and want to learn more about it, I do not want to live out in the sticks and be one with nature. Bangkok gives me the opportunity to become involved in Thai culture, easily travel to pretty much any location in Thailand, and still get many of the creature comforts available in the west.

The only real problem I have with Bangkok is the pollution.

Traffic not a big deal for me – skytrain and/or subway give me access to most of what I want in Bangkok without having to deal with traffic, and if I need to drive it is because I am going out of Bangkok or back into Bangkok. I tend to leave early in the morning, or late in the day to avoid traffic issues.

High price of accommodations – I used to live in Tokyo – lets talks about high price of accommodations, it’s all relative.

Too many lost “ex-pats” – Not sure what you mean by “lost” as we all know pretty much were to look for these folks, and if you don’t want to be around them just don’t go to those places.

i live in bangkok bcoz

Bangkok, oriental setting

And the city don't know that the city is getting

The creme de la creme of the chess world

In a show with everything but Yul Brynner

Time flies, doesn't seem a minute

Since the Tirolean spa had the chess boys in it

All change, don't you know

That when you play at this level there's no ordinary venue

It's Iceland or the Philippines or Hastings

Or, or this place ....etc

sunshine.JPG

Bambi :D

i live in  bangkok bcoz
Bangkok, oriental setting

And the city don't know that the city is getting

The creme de la creme of the chess world

In a show with everything but Yul Brynner

Time flies, doesn't seem a minute

Since the Tirolean spa had the chess boys in it

All change, don't you know

That when you play at this level there's no ordinary venue

It's Iceland or the Philippines or Hastings

Or, or this place ....etc

sunshine.JPG

Bambi :D

Hastings???????? :D

Otherwise, you (or Tim Rice) have it pretty well summoned up.......

Comm'on, dude, be creative. Korean women will smell of kim chi only if they have kim chi. I had the pleasure of spending a great vacation with a korean woman in Thailand - could not ask for more.

thanks G. completely agree. now, how many times per day do you think the average korean eats kim chi? :o

thanks G. completely agree. now, how many times per day do you think the average korean eats kim chi? :D

About the same number of times the average Thai takes a shower? :o