Do I Need A Workpermit ?

Have been thinking a little, that maybe i should take a year off from my main job, would love to take my wife back to bangkok for a year.

The money part for visa is no problem.

I have a job in my home country that i can do by internet, and i wonder if i will need a workpermit to do my work from thai ??

I will get paid at my account in home country and i would pay tax in my home country, but i will live and do the work from thai.

I work as a computer consultant for a police district at home, and is maybe thinking to much..

But what i was fearing that since i will have to work around 8 hours every day by my adsl connection in thai, that maybe ISP would tip off someone...

no, i dont know.. and im sure the gov never would know about it.

But anyway i just want to make sure that what i do is legal, so it not can cause any trouble for me. Because i dont quit my main job at home, i just take 12 months unpaid leave, and if i get cought doing anyting ilegal things during that time it can affect my security clerance and make me loose my main job..

I work as a computer consultant for a police district at home, and is maybe thinking to much..

But what i was fearing that since i will have to work around 8 hours every day by my adsl connection in thai, that maybe ISP would tip off someone... 

no, i dont know.. and im sure the gov never would know about it.

But anyway i just want to make sure that what i do is legal, so it not can cause any trouble for me.  Because i dont quit my main job at home, i just take 12 months unpaid leave, and if i get cought doing anyting ilegal things during that time it can affect my security clerance and make me loose my main job..

Judging by many posts I've seen on here, I'd say that the chances of you having any trouble doing what you describe are effectively zero. Most important is the fact that your earnings will be made outside Thailand and will (presumably) stay outside Thailand. Many people seem to do long-distance work by internet etc and have no trouble at all.