Marriage Vs Retirement Visa

In about 10 days I will complete my 2nd year with a One Year Retirement Visa. I recently married a Thai lady and am wondering if I should attempt to get a Married Visa (which I believe is Non-Immigrant B-A).

I had no trouble getting a One Year Retirement Visa initially and the renewal last time was a breeze. The only limitation is that I am not able to work in Thailand (presently I am studying Thai language 4 days a week and with daily trips to the health club this keeps me busy enought. But, I am only planning on studying Thai formally for one more year and might need some other activity to keep me busy. So, it might be good if I am able to work in Thailand).

But, I am totally unfamiliar with a Married Visa and wonder if there are other advantages to a Married Visa and if there are disadvantages (including difficulty in obtaining one).

Anyone have this experience or know of advantages and disadvantages? Thanks for any info.

There is no marriage visa. There is a non immigrant O visa that can be extended on the basis of supporting a Thai wife. Money requirement is 400k and both parties have to appear each year for renewal and there is a delay while paperwork is checked of a few weeks before final extension is approved. No medical is required but no other advantage in the renewal process. But this type of extension could be used with employment. Immigration seems to prefer you use retirement as there is less paperwork involved so I would not make a change until/if you need to obtain employment (as you don't have a problem with the financial requirements and are in the system).