Work Permit With No Ba Degree

. I also know that the TC requires a degree in order to take the tests for the TL (i myself have taken them), so there is a contradiction.

They only ask for the information, nothing is verified, at least at the point you pay to take the test! From what I've read, you don't have to prove it at the test center either. And in addition, very few seem to actually pass all the tests making the last hurdle of proof to the the TL unknown at least to me.

Schools hire without degrees and/or TEFL certificates and to confirm what others wrote, work permits are issued to completely uneducated people without even high school being required. It remains how well connected and know the school is.(or the agent)

Yes i agree with this as to be quite honest the answer to the original question seems to be that there is no answer really....:blink:

I've had people say that there's "absolutely NO WAY anyone can get a WP without a degree" and really getting quite animated about it.

Then on the other hand i have also saw with my own eyes one guy who had the very basic high school education, an 80 hr TEFL course completed yet had a Work Permit. He said the place he was working needed native English teachers and they took him on no problem at all. One can only assume the place he's working has the right "connections" in certain places as he's got his WP and whilst not earning a fortune (30,000 baht per m) he's happy and has no problems.

It just seems to vary from place to place and it's pot luck that if you do not have a degree that you can get employed but also get a WP.

Personally, if i was even thinking about it i'd rather not take the risk but a mate of mine said just 2 days ago to me that "most places are now scrapping the requirement for a degree for teaching English" Now, i have not saw anything official whatsoever about this but he insists he's correct and that it is because there is a shortage of English teachers all over Thailand the rules for WP's are being relaxed somewhat and the degree requirement will not be necessary soon!!!.....has anyone else heard of this as i've heard nothing whatsoever??....he did have a couple of beers right enough at the time of this discussion....:D :D

. I also know that the TC requires a degree in order to take the tests for the TL (i myself have taken them), so there is a contradiction.

They only ask for the information, nothing is verified, at least at the point you pay to take the test! From what I've read, you don't have to prove it at the test center either. And in addition, very few seem to actually pass all the tests making the last hurdle of proof to the the TL unknown at least to me.

Schools hire without degrees and/or TEFL certificates and to confirm what others wrote, work permits are issued to completely uneducated people without even high school being required. It remains how well connected and know the school is.(or the agent)

Yes i agree with this as to be quite honest the answer to the original question seems to be that there is no answer really....:blink:

I've had people say that there's "absolutely NO WAY anyone can get a WP without a degree" and really getting quite animated about it.

Then on the other hand i have also saw with my own eyes one guy who had the very basic high school education, an 80 hr TEFL course completed yet had a Work Permit. He said the place he was working needed native English teachers and they took him on no problem at all. One can only assume the place he's working has the right "connections" in certain places as he's got his WP and whilst not earning a fortune (30,000 baht per m) he's happy and has no problems.

It just seems to vary from place to place and it's pot luck that if you do not have a degree that you can get employed but also get a WP.

Personally, if i was even thinking about it i'd rather not take the risk but a mate of mine said just 2 days ago to me that "most places are now scrapping the requirement for a degree for teaching English" Now, i have not saw anything official whatsoever about this but he insists he's correct and that it is because there is a shortage of English teachers all over Thailand the rules for WP's are being relaxed somewhat and the degree requirement will not be necessary soon!!!.....has anyone else heard of this as i've heard nothing whatsoever??....he did have a couple of beers right enough at the time of this discussion....:D :D

You have also "SAW"?what kind of a saw was it?