“Farang’ Behavior On A Thai Golf Course.

thaigolfer

Well since they are from the west...just play like we would in the west. If they are taking to long, just start driving while they are still on the fairway. They will waive you through sooner or later. Usually it's better to do this when you have friends around since there's a good chance someone is going to get pissed.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since they are from the west...just play like we would in the west. If they are taking to long, just start driving while they are still on the fairway. They will waive you through sooner or later. Usually it's better to do this when you have friends around since there's a good chance someone is going to get pissed.

I hope I never meet you on the golf course-you have to be joking?

Get pissed! You'd be lucky for me only to ram my 9 iron up your butt. Friends or no friends.

Well, that was a waste of time...

I was hoping you would wait for them in carpark and smash their windscreen with your 3 iron. I wouldn't have done that because my 3 iron got bent around a tree in frustration...and my 8 iron is in a pond at Blue Canyon....so maybe a wood.

Having been thrown of numerous golf courses and banned from a couple in Singapore, I would have played up right behind them every hole yelling "FOUR" every shot until they let me through...watching a group of old men run around covering their heads never gets old.

Guy on his first ever visit to Thailand played in a golf tournament on his second day and "came" first, he was very suprised to find out that first prize was a voucher for a single visit to the local brothel, having never been to one before and only being 21 with very little expeirience of sex he never went that day, but the next day a freind got him to go and told him not to worry...

In the brothel he got talking to the beautiful ladies and made his choice with one who'd got him very exited just by talking to her and off to a room they went, 2 minutes later the girl came running from the room and shouted to the mamasan "whats a mulligan"...

Edited by MB1

Guy on his first ever visit to Thailand played in a golf tournament on his second day and "came" first, he was very suprised to find out that first prize was a voucher for a single visit to the local brothel, having never been to one before and only being 21 with very little expeirience of sex he never went that day, but the next day a freind got him to go and told him not to worry...

In the brothel he got talking to the beautiful ladies and made his choice with one who'd got him very exited just by talking to her and off to a room they went, 2 minutes later the girl came running from the room and shouted to the mamasan "whats a mulligan"...

:lol:

Well, that was a waste of time...

I was hoping you would wait for them in carpark and smash their windscreen with your 3 iron. I wouldn't have done that because my 3 iron got bent around a tree in frustration...and my 8 iron is in a pond at Blue Canyon....so maybe a wood.

Having been thrown of numerous golf courses and banned from a couple in Singapore, I would have played up right behind them every hole yelling "FOUR" every shot until they let me through...watching a group of old men run around covering their heads never gets old.

I completely agree, your post was a waste of time. :whistling:

Edited by metisdead

The game of golf would lose a great deal if croquet mallets and billiard cues were allowed on the putting green.

-Ernest Hemingway

"To find a man's true character, play golf with him."

"The least thing upset him on the links. He missed short putts because of the uproar of the butterflies in the adjoining meadows."

-- P.G. Wodehouse

Edited by lannarebirth

:lol:

Too funny.

I can see why some people would find the game boring, but, if you play, It's far from that. If you don't take it too seriously.

Cricket's like baseball. If you're not aware of the intricacies of the sport, it can appear boring.

In all honesty, I'd rather hit a great golf shot than have sex. It's much more memorable. However, futbol is boring.

The game of golf would lose a great deal if croquet mallets and billiard cues were allowed on the putting green.

-Ernest Hemingway

"The least thing upset him on the links. He missed short putts because of the uproar of the butterflies in the adjoining meadows."

-- P.G. Wodehouse

Old golf threads never die, never fizzle out, never get closed; they just turn into quote fests populated by golf quotes gleaned from the endless internet.

~Thakkar

-Ernest Hemingway

-- P.G. Wodehouse

Old golf threads never die, never fizzle out, never get closed; they just turn into quote fests populated by golf quotes gleaned from the endless internet.

~Thakkar

I think I've got just about every Wodehouse book ever written. I can quote from "the oldest member" if you'd like. Timeless humor.

Hey guys, just so you know- I'm not slamming golf, at all.

I used to caddy for my grand dad, back in the pre-electric cart/19 hole days. I carried his clubs, 18 holes, and learned some new cuss words at a young age.

An uncle of mine (still alive) was a pro in America. Ken Towns is his name. He played on the Senior Tour up until a decade or so ago. Went to a tourny where I saw my uncle play, with Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus and Lee Trevino (I think it was Fairfield Country Club?) north of San Francisco in the mid 1960's.

Weekends at Grand Dad's house revolved about a television, tuned to a golf game, somewhere. Lots of hushed tone commentary, and polite applause.

It's all good; whatever you enjoy....

I just never picked up the game- found other interests and other sports.

Hey guys, just so you know- I'm not slamming golf, at all.

I used to caddy for my grand dad, back in the pre-electric cart/19 hole days. I carried his clubs, 18 holes, and learned some new cuss words at a young age.

An uncle of mine (still alive) was a pro in America. Ken Towns is his name. He played on the Senior Tour up until a decade or so ago. Went to a tourny where I saw my uncle play, with Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus and Lee Trevino (I think it was Fairfield Country Club?) north of San Francisco in the mid 1960's.

Weekends at Grand Dad's house revolved about a television, tuned to a golf game, somewhere. Lots of hushed tone commentary, and polite applause.

It's all good; whatever you enjoy....

I just never picked up the game- found other interests and other sports.

Terrific bit of history, but how is it relevant to this thread???

-Ernest Hemingway

-- P.G. Wodehouse

~Thakkar

I think I've got just about every Wodehouse book ever written. I can quote from "the oldest member" if you'd like. Timeless humor.

Just my lame attempt at humor. I didn't mean to imply you had never read Wodehouse, or that Mcgriffith had never read Hemingway. Re-reading what I, wrote I can see how it looks that way. :jap:

Nothing seems relevant to this thread. Except golf, and some funny stories. It was an argument between some people that had a problem on the course.

I blame Jack Nicklaus for slow play. After him, everybody thought they could play like Jack if they took a lot of time. Especially putting. I always enjoy watching a 4 some on the green from the fairway. The joke is always that they must be playing for big money, or he's trying t save an 8.

I dont understand why supposed educated thais still like to call everyone who isnt of thier nation Farang, racist or what who is the real gentleman here, its no wonder with this attitude noneone wants to play with you matey.

Edited by Aikido

Aikido's spot on.

Hate to burst your little fantasy bubble Thaigolfer, but (give or take a few) there's approximately 3,400,000,000 blokes in the world - Thais males (32,500,000) = 3,367,500,000. Yes, that many 'farang' blokes!

Its a pretty safe bet that amongst this lot your going to meet the good (gentlemen), the bad, and the ugly.

It was just bad luck that you bumped into to consecutive groups that were ugly.

I think I can match your daft comments with my own - I'm guessing that most Thai male golfers come from wealthy - monied - backgrounds, with the associated 'perks' this gives them in the LOS.

So... based on this I'll assume that the majority of Thai male golfers are arrogant, pompous and lacking in any sort of empathy for those beneath them.

But... knowing the Thai male population probably reaches into the millions, I'll reserve that judgment and instead assume that it too contains both the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Think... just a little bit, please.

• 8 months later...

it must be one of the most annoyings giong on in the great game called golf if as we dont have enough things to worry about how hard is it to call a single or group through what it puts another five minutes at the tee box you all hit off at the same time then the group playing through goes on there merry way everybodys happy commom sense to some like inventing the wheel for others figure that out

:whistling: Sounds like a story about a Thai 5some or even 6some I have played behind :angry:

We were two of us ready to tee off on a call hole par 3, and there was a Thai 5some on the green, (not putting yet) and they totally ignored us, we waited for at least 10 minutes for them to putt, and exchange money for betting and all their BS, when our caddie asked one of their caddies why they didn't let us hit , her answer was the Thais said "Oh they are only farangs, forget them", now there is real golf edicate.:jap:

Always love the 3rd class feeling from Thais