BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Lizard2010

El Shadai Orphanage

Not one mention about my Chicken Legs Guys. :D

But very wise words from both Kd & scea nontheless

I was thinking along the same lines for the motorcy group if it ever takes off.

I'm up for that reccy trip Kd. I dont have anything planned for the weekend. maybe I can take my Kids also.

I'm sure I can contribute even without my Christain or Bhuddhism doctrine. Did I get the spelling right this time ?

Well, I didn't really notice your legs when we met, but even if you have got chicken legs, I'm sure someone will still love you!

What are you going on about, Biff? I recall you eying his legs and then eying the chicken legs on your plate when we all met at Rimkok for lunch? Did you think we din't see that?

But very wise words from both Kd & scea (and Biff) nontheless

I'm up for that reccy trip Kd. I dont have anything planned for the weekend. maybe I can take my Kids also.

I'm sure I can contribute even without my Christain or Bhuddhism doctrine. Did I get the spelling right this time ?

Good that you're going and taking the kids. That means you can haul the fruit in the truck or car and the wife and I can ride the motorcycle.

yeah... But... No... But ...... I can get all the family on the motorcy .......... I was going to utter some blasphemous words Kd. You've stitched me up like a Kipper :lol:

I'm content with my own legs Guys, I've had them 45 years. Although Some of the ladies like the way the sun bleaches my hairs golden :rolleyes:

Edited by jubby
  • Like 1

The questions that dindong and others raise are good. There are enough organizations in this world that are known for "harvesting kids". The directors won't let anyone near their operations and accept "money only" for contributions. If you want to donate food, clothing, housing or appliances, you aren't welcome at some of them. So, nothing wrong with getting the facts instead of buying into a scam or just accepting it at face value. So, for those of you who have posted with knowledge of this particular place: Where exactly is the place? Give the directions so people can go see for themselves. If you don't have the directions, then you really don't know much about the subject first-hand at all. And if you do, then a much better form of contribution would have been for you to give the location, with directions and encourage others to go there and see for themselves, increasing the chances of the place getting better support. So, at this point, there is some skepticism and rightly so. What can any of you offer to put it to rest? Assaults and insults don't contribute anything.

I don't need the directions but others may. I have never heard of this place but I can find the place by myself. But if you know where it is, place it on the pinned Google map in our pinned topics list. If it checks out, it will probably stay there for others to reference. If it doesn't check out, it will probably disappear.

Sounds like this might be a good destination for a CR Motorcycle Meet and Greet ride in the future. Not the initial one, of course. But maybe the second one. Garry, VF, what do you think?

The local Thai motorcycle clubs do a lot of support for these types of operations. They send some scouts to check it out, find out what is needed and then they make a weekend or more of it, adding living quarters or improvements in whatever ways they can. I'll ask their members what they know of this place.

At least one person on here has said that he contributed appliances and such directly. Good on him and his group.

Religion and these kids. Wow. Big topic. But in a nutshell, any help the kids get is welcome help. They can certainly decide for themselves, as they come of age, which way they want to go. I know lots of folks that got plenty of direction growing up and as they became adults, they made intelligent decisions about whether or not that way of life was for them.

Ethnic Thai or not? Doesn't matter. If someone chooses to raise them without the benefit of government support and interference and can make a go of it, good for them. Each kid only knows his/her life and personal circumstances. He/She doesn't know or care where they fit into the big picture. Later, it may become important. Right now, they just need to be kids.

Buddhist charities. I couldn't say how much good they do world-wide. I can say this. We often have a young monk at our house. He is about 10 or 12 years old. He loves to visit with my mother-in-law. She and his mother were close friends. His mother died about two years ago. The local temple took the kid in, and he is leading the life of a young monk, getting an education, food, shelter, guidance and other good things. He had no one else to turn to. I am told that almost all, if not all, of the temples do the same thing. So, even if they aren't going around the world saving children, they are doing a lot in their own areas. Also, keep in mind that Buddhists are more or less from less affluent countries and therefore, find it harder to have the capital to go to foreign lands and do good. Even then, I'm sure that some of them accomplish that mission.

Christians: Lots of good work, some bad work sometimes, too. No need to throw out the whole barrel because of a bad apple. I personally know of lots of good that has been accomplished and quite a bit of bad as well. I wouldn't throw away the good just to make sure that no bad occurs. The good far outweighs the bad.

Thanks to moderator Lite Beer for getting involved here and thanks to whoever hit the "report" button that caused him to get involved.

So, if anyone is up to a ride this weekend, let me know. We'll take a bit of fresh fruit and some smiles to the place and say "hello". If anyone wants to go with me before that, let me know. I'll tell the wife I have important business to take care of during the week and she will let me take a break from this work at the house. She will go as well. She is Thai and she loves kids. Anyway, it looks like I have a small trip in store this weekend or very soon. I'll post here with what I find unless someone else goes first and gives us a good report. I'll also put it on the map after I find it.

kandaha

I thank you for your reply.

You have hit the nail right on the head.

All i was trying to find out if any local's really know this place.

Obviously we never know that.

Time will tell if the guys can arrange a ride to this place

I also thank all the responses to my original post. :)

But very wise words from both Kd & scea nontheless

Well, I didn't really notice your legs when we met, but even if you have got chicken legs, I'm sure someone will still love you!

What are you going on about, Biff? I recall you eying his legs and then eying the chicken legs on your plate when we all met at Rimkok for lunch? Did you think we din't see that?

Aw shucks, busted! :lol:

kandaha

I thank you for your reply.

You have hit the nail right on the head.

All i was trying to find out if any local's really know this place.

Obviously we never know that.

Time will tell if the guys can arrange a ride to this place

I also thank all the responses to my original post. :)

Thanks to you for the original topic. Good one. We'll let you know what we find. It is pretty easy to get answers about these things. Just have to burn a little petrol.

That trip will go ahead Lizard. As sure as I've got an hole in my @$$ (too much time sitting on fences I suppose) :)

Anyway, I'm outta here. Got grass to cut. .................. someone elses Bloody Grass :(

If anyone wants to drop off any fruit, boxed milk or anything else to go this weekend, post here or PM jubby or myself. I can arrange to pick up if need be. Other than that, I can provide you with the location of my home, which is on the pinned Google map. If others want to go, we can decide on a day, time and meeting place. My schedule is flexible. All comers welcome.

That trip will go ahead Lizard. As sure as I've got an hole in my @$ (too much time sitting on fences I suppose) :)

Anyway, I'm outta here. Got grass to cut. .................. someone elses Bloody Grass :(

I gotta go now, too. My wife is expecting some production here today. See ya'll later.

If anyone wants to drop off any fruit, boxed milk or anything else to go this weekend, post here or PM jubby or myself. I can arrange to pick up if need be. Other than that, I can provide you with the location of my home, which is on the pinned Google map. If others want to go, we can decide on a day, time and meeting place. My schedule is flexible. All comers welcome.

Not much fruit around, my rinchees are well and truly finished and the Som-O has a way to go.

I'm a Som-O addict, I try to eat a whole one every day as part of my weight loss regime. Just avoid the hong naam for an hour or two after I've been in there.

That trip will go ahead Lizard. As sure as I've got an hole in my @$ (too much time sitting on fences I suppose) :)

I gotta go now, too. My wife is expecting some production here today. See ya'll later.

Keep me informed. I can usually go on short notice. I may want a bike ride and my RN may be useful also.
  • Like 1

Let us know how the ride goes guys and google map the place. I'm back on the 12 Aug.

Forgoing what my family has planned upon my return, I do intend heading off there, either buy bike or the SUV.

It is looking like Sunday, after lunch, will be the time to meet and head out. If anyone has any input on that, let us hear it. Scorpio, you good with that? Any scheduling adjustments can be arranged.

It is looking like Sunday, after lunch, will be the time to meet and head out. If anyone has any input on that, let us hear it. Scorpio, you good with that? Any scheduling adjustments can be arranged.

Sounds good to me. I am very flexible.

Meeting time and place:

Sunday, 1:30 p.m., in front of the old jail. "At the Saturday night Walking Street area, near where the food court and stage is".

Everyone welcome. Looks like we might be able to drag woralak and his better half along as well. I suspect several of us will meet at Tree House for lunch prior to the meeting time.

PM us with any need for clarification.

kandahar

Edited by kandahar

Meeting time and place:

Sunday, 1:30 p.m., in front of the old jail. "At the Saturday night Walking Street area, near where the food court and stage is".

Everyone welcome. Looks like we might be able to drag woralak and his better half along as well. I suspect several of us will meet at Tree House for lunch prior to the meeting time.

PM us with any need for clarification.

kandahar

I'll be there. About how long a ride?