Bowling alley in Chiangrai?

ray23

There is no bowling alley in Chiangrai.....yet another reason why all the smart foreigners stay down south where there's lots of fun things to do. Up here in the north there's nothing fun to do at all.....definitely nothing...definitely....

• Sad 1

There is no bowling alley in Chiangrai.....yet another reason why all the smart foreigners stay down south where there's lots of fun things to do.  Up here in the north there's nothing fun to do at all.....definitely nothing...definitely....

Me and my motorcycle would probably would be just fine. However, the wife who from that region originally bowls fairly consistently in the 200's would miss that aspect of life

Edited by ray23

Anyone know if there is a bowling alley in Chaing Ria?

Don't let them cheat you Mr. Ray!

As I wrote in the other Chiangrai thread, the building is ready.

It is a very big futuristic one at the superhighway not far from Big C (next to the Shell station at the Mae Kon crossing).

It is not sure when it will open, but it will be soon.

Set up the Expat-Thai-bowlingclub NOW and it will be the oldest bowling-club of Chiangrai as long as it will exist!

Limbo

Anyone know if there is a bowling alley in Chaing Ria?

Don't let them cheat you Mr. Ray!

As I wrote in the other Chiangrai thread, the building is ready.

It is a very big futuristic one at the superhighway not far from Big C (next to the Shell station at the Mae Kon crossing).

It is not sure when it will open, but it will be soon.

Set up the Expat-Thai-bowlingclub NOW and it will be the oldest bowling-club of Chiangrai as long as it will exist!

Limbo

Thanks for the info Limbo, we will be down that way in a few months and check things out.

• 6 months later...
Thanks for the info Limbo, we will be down that way in a few months and check things out.

Hello Ray,

You might have been here already in the mean time, but if not tell your wife that she can bowl as much as she wants from now on in Chiang Rai.

Our town is enriched with a superdeluxe bowling alley!

At the superhighway (everything is 'super' here), 500 meter south from Big C, next to the Mae Kon crossing with the Shell station.

Be a guest of BO'S BOWLING TEAM :D . More information at Bo's Place. We still need some members.

Welcome to Chiang Rai!

Limbo :o

Hello Ray,

You might have been here already in the mean time, but if not tell your wife that she can bowl as much as she wants from now on in Chiang Rai.

At the superhighway (everything is 'super' here), 500 meter south from Big C, next to the Mae Kon crossing with the Shell station.

Hmm!!! wonder how I did that, anyway Chaing Ria ounds like a fun vacation, we have started a language school here in Udon for Farrang to learn Thai a bit different, but at least I get a break on my studies LOL.

It sounds like time to plan a vacation to Chaing Rai and check out the bowling, thanks for letting me know what is going on.

Be a guest of BO'S BOWLING TEAM :D . More information at Bo's Place. We still need some members.

Welcome to Chiang Rai!

Hello Ray,

Welcome to Chiang Rai!

Limbo :D

Edited by ray23

Thats great to hear, but we started a language school in Udon a bit different for farrang to learn Thai. I think it is time to plan a bit of a vacation and check out the new bowling alley. Thanks for the update I will let you guys know when we can escape it would be great to meet you.

Ray.

Welcome to Chiang Rai!

Limbo

Still promoting a friend's business - too bad the other expat enterprises don't receive the same free advertising.

:D Homealone

TV Forum Rules:

# 8) It is not acceptable to solicit for, nor accept donations, gifts, etc for providing advice to visitors and members of the thaivisa.com forums, nor is it permitted to steer, promote or solicit persons to go to locations or businesses in which it is necessary to pay for services or assistance.

[

Limbo

Still promoting a friend's business - too bad the other expat enterprises don't receive the same free advertising.

TV Forum Rules:

# 8) It is not acceptable to solicit for, nor accept donations, gifts, etc for providing advice to visitors and members of the thaivisa.com forums, nor is it permitted to steer, promote or solicit persons to go to locations or businesses in which it is necessary to pay for services or assistance.

Yes, Mr. Homealone, it is a problem difficult to solve. Let me try it again:

Sitting together with some other expats in a little bar/restaurant usually frequented by Chiang Rai expats one of the expats came with the idea to start an expat bowling team. Some of the other present expats liked the idea. A name for this enterprise was easily found.

The expats present thought that there might be some non-present expats in Chiang Rai who would like to join.

Knowing Bo I am sure you can go to her place and ask for information without being forced to order a refreshment. I want to go further: I am even convinced that she would permit you to use the toilet for free.

Dear Mr. Homealone, you might want to volunteer as co-ordinator of Bo's Bowling Buddies.

People interested could come to your place then. You wouldn't be home alone anymore :D

And specially for the people who like the real Italian salami and Greek feta cheese: You can get it nowadays in Big C.

This for showing you that I don't discriminate.

Giving information is something else then direct advertising.

Limbo.

PS. Did you have some other place in mind? Other expat places in Chiang Rai:

Hamburger #1 in Ban Du, Funny House opposite the Wiang Inn Hotel and the bars of the Yedyodstreet. Did I miss some?

And what about mentioning the existence of the bowling alley itself, Mr. Homealone?

It might benefit the owner of it. But it is also good news for the expats who like the game.

And some of them would like to play with others. And for them it might be fun to join our team.

Please tell me what I should do in this kind of situations.

Thank you!

Limbo

Limbo

TV Forum Rules:

Sitting together with some other expats in a little bar/restaurant usually frequented by Chiang Rai expats one of the expats came with the idea to start an expat bowling team. Some of the other present expats liked the idea. A name for this enterprise was easily found.

The expats present thought that there might be some non-present expats in Chiang Rai who would like to join.

Knowing Bo I am sure you can go to her place and ask for information without being forced to order a refreshment. I want to go further: I am even convinced that she would permit you to use the toilet for free.

Dear Mr. Homealone, you might want to volunteer as co-ordinator of Bo's Bowling Buddies.

People interested could come to your place then. You wouldn't be home alone anymore :D

And specially for the people who like the real Italian salami and Greek feta cheese: You can get it nowadays in Big C.

Limbo.

Hamburger #1 in Ban Du, Funny House opposite the Wiang Inn Hotel and the bars of the Yedyodstreet. Did I miss some?

And what about mentioning the existence of the bowling alley itself, Mr. Homealone?

It might benefit the owner of it. But it is also good news for the expats who like the game.

And some of them would like to play with others. And for them it might be fun to join our team.

Thank you!

Limbo

Dear Limbo,

I guess I hit a nerve. And, yes, you missed quite few expat businesses but that is really not the point. It is the repeated mentioning and promoting of one particular place that becomes tiresome. Unless the CR Forum is meant to be a place to continue the bar conversations at the establishment you refer to so often.

You’re the boss. Up to you.

Limbo

TV Forum Rules:

Limbo.

Thank you!

Limbo

Dear Limbo,

I guess I hit a nerve. And, yes, you missed quite few expat businesses but that is really not the point. It is the repeated mentioning and promoting of one particular place that becomes tiresome. Unless the CR Forum is meant to be a place to continue the bar conversations at the establishment you refer to so often.

I agree with Homealone. The promotion of certain places was really blatant at first but it seems to be less frequent lately....maybe that's because Limbo has been posting less lately....or maybe I've just learned to ignore it.

Dear Limbo,

:o Homealone

Dear Mr. Homealone,

Thanks for making one thing clear: It is 'up to you' and not 'upp to you'. I always had a problem with this. My English is lousy, I know.

But please don't refer to me as 'the boss'. That hits a nerve! That's like stepping on my blue suede shoes!

Please mention any nice place you can recommend for expats living here or for expats living elsewhere or visitors.

What do you me want to tell, we want to start up (upp?) a bowling team but we don't want you to tell who we are and where you can find us?

Where is the superb brillianty we are used to be presented by you?

Dear Limbo,

Dear Mr. Homealone,

Thanks for making one thing clear: It is 'up to you' and not 'upp to you'. I always had a problem with this. My English is lousy, I know.

But please don't refer to me as 'the boss'. That hits a nerve! That's like stepping on my blue suede shoes!

Please mention any nice place you can recommend for expats living here or for expats living elsewhere or visitors.

What do you me want to tell, we want to start up (upp?) a bowling team but we don't want you to tell who we are and where you can find us?

Where is the superb brillianty we are used to be presented by you?

Ms. Limbo -

Superb brilliancy!!! Now that is truly offensive!

A slang definition of “boss” intends to denote a much-admired person of excellence. Considering your occasional efforts to elevate the CR Forum discussion to include some topics of culture and sophistication I was alluding to this informal meaning of “the boss”.

Not to belabor the point but – it was the persistent reference to one place in particular that had inspired grumbling amongst those that are not in regular attendance at your favourite watering hole. Might this be a reason for the lack of participation in the CR Forum by a wider variety of local expats and interested Thais? ‘Nuff said.

Best of luck to Bo’s Bowlers as they face the stiff competition presented by The Funny House Fools, The Old Dutch Duffers, The DaVinci Divas – to name but a few potential rivals.

Strike!

This is the best discussion i have seen on this forum, you are absolutely right mr. Homealone thank you for your honest opinion.

as for Drs. Limbo, I hope you understand that if you can not keep up with our deal, that you wont have any more free Erdingers. Sorry about that :o

A few foreigners in a strange country and always wordfighting please let us live in peace together i think it is not so difficult.

Not to worry - this is not fighting. The many foreigners residing in this now very familiar country sometimes need to throw a pebble on the smooth surface of our usually rather peaceful coexistance. Drs Limbo (I think there is more than one of them) is well equipped and often eager to egage in a bit of intellectual fencing. In keeping with the topic of this thread:

Is the bowling for real? Might be fun.

I forgot to mention another possible team - The Buns from Hamburger One.

A few foreigners in a strange country and always wordfighting please let us live in peace together i think it is not so difficult.

Not to worry - this is not fighting. The many foreigners residing in this now very familiar country sometimes need to throw a pebble on the smooth surface of our usually rather peaceful coexistance. Drs Limbo (I think there is more than one of them) is well equipped and often eager to egage in a bit of intellectual fencing. In keeping with the topic of this thread:

Is the bowling for real? Might be fun.

I forgot to mention another possible team - The Buns from Hamburger One.

Well lets see I can go bowling there sounds like I might be able to find a drink, special cheese, a good burger and I think lively conversation couldn't be all bad :D

This is the best discussion i have seen on this forum, you are absolutely right mr. Homealone thank you for your honest opinion.

as for Drs. Limbo, I hope you understand that if you can not keep up with our deal, that you wont have any more free Erdingers. Sorry about that :D

Do you realise Mr. Homealone that a barrel of oil is 65 Dollar now? That the electricity bill went up with 30 % this month? That in Chiang Rai the fee for bussing children to school went up from 500 to 600 Baht a month (luckywise my daughter is 33 and drives a BMW, but she could have been 12 and still have pimples and, even worse, I could have had two of them). Vegetables (which I hardly eat, but could have been eating if I would have been one of these pale looking health freaks), whatever pops into your mind, it all went up.

And now you decided to spit in my free Erdinger white beer! My last resort.

What do I have left?

Thank you very much Mr. Homealone! Thank you very much!

And you Mr. Erg, I never knew that you were such a slimy character! What a disappointment!

But my revenge will be sweet :D !

To-day I purposely avoided to go to Bo's Place. I went to the old market behind the busstation in stead. Much better! I don't mean the toilet but the performance of the singers! According to the 'tessaban' the market existed 100 years to-day and this was celebrated with an attack on the eardrums of everybody who had the courage to go there. This attack was executed by young ladies wearing shirts which clearly were washed too hot and had shrinked so much that the ladies belly buttons became more than visible.

The poor things warmed up themselves by twisting their bodies in the rythm of the songs.

I really felt sorry for them.

But refreshments were cheap, which compensated the substitute suffering.

And now I am safely home again.

I will not mention the expatplaces of Chiang Rai again (OK, you can always PM me, you know the deal) to give Mr. Homealone and consorts the space to fill these colums with more substantial and on-topic topics. The stage is yours, Mr. Homealone :o !

Prof. Dr. Limbolus Safelyhome.

as for Drs. Limbo, I hope you understand that if you can not keep up with our deal, that you wont have any more free Erdingers. Sorry about that :D

Do you realise Mr. Homealone that a barrel of oil is 65 Dollar now? That the electricity bill went up with 30 % this month? That in Chiang Rai the fee for bussing children to school went up from 500 to 600 Baht a month (luckywise my daughter is 33 and drives a BMW, but she could have been 12 and still have pimples and, even worse, I could have had two of them). Vegetables (which I hardly eat, but could have been eating if I would have been one of these pale looking health freaks), whatever pops into your mind, it all went up.

What do I have left?

And you Mr. Erg, I never knew that you were such a slimy character! What a disappointment!

To-day I purposely avoided to go to Bo's Place. I went to the old market behind the busstation in stead. Much better! I don't mean the toilet but the performance of the singers! According to the 'tessaban' the market existed 100 years to-day and this was celebrated with an attack on the eardrums of everybody who had the courage to go there. This attack was executed by young ladies wearing shirts which clearly were washed too hot and had shrinked so much that the ladies belly buttons became more than visible.

The poor things warmed up themselves by twisting their bodies in the rythm of the songs.

I will not mention the expatplaces of Chiang Rai again (OK, you can always PM me, you know the deal) to give Mr. Homealone and consorts the space to fill these colums with more substantial and on-topic topics. The stage is yours, Mr. Homealone :o !

What do I have left?

:D Wow! A bowling topic turns into a discussion of expat businesses – food – beer – personal feelings – the history of a local market . . . and just when it starts to get interesting Limbo threatens to pick up his bowling ball and go home. Please Limbo, don’t go.

:D Mymechew

But my revenge will be sweet :o !

Prof. Dr. Limbolus Safelyhome. Are you not ashamed of yourself???

No.

Let's all blame Mr. Homealone.

He is used to it :D:D:D

Limbo.

PS. Some readers might find this kind of postings off-topic (not related to bowling in Chiang Rai or even to Chiang Rai in general), but the opposite is true: This kind of postings adds an extra dimension to the informative character of our forum.

It gives the reader a refreshing insight in the pleasant way Chiang Rai expats interact with each other. The extreme tolerance they show towards each other, the joyfull way they communicate and so on, and so on, too much to mention. Friendly, always softspoken, shortly exemplary. PUT THAT ERDINGER COLD!

But my revenge will be sweet :o !

Prof. Dr. Limbolus Safelyhome. Are you not ashamed of yourself???

No.

Let's all blame Mr. Homealone.

He is used to it :D:D:D

Limbo.

PS. Some readers might find this kind of postings off-topic (not related to bowling in Chiang Rai or even to Chiang Rai in general), but the opposite is true: This kind of postings adds an extra dimension to the informative character of our forum.

It gives the reader a refreshing insight in the pleasant way Chiang Rai expats interact with each other. The extreme tolerance they show towards each other, the joyfull way they communicate and so on, and so on, too much to mention. Friendly, always softspoken, shortly exemplary. PUT THAT ERDINGER COLD!

Limbo -

Glad to have you back in good form. It's always a pleasure sparring with you.

Set up the pins - let's go bowling.

This question may have been asked before . . but, is there a Bowling Alley in Chiang Rai ? :o

Some people like to put sauce on the potatoe and then mash it.

The potatoe gets more tasty and vivid this way.

At first you won't recognize the potatoe anymore, but inside it is.

Look and thou will find :D !

Some people like to put sauce on the potatoe and then mash it.

The potatoe gets more tasty and vivid this way.

At first you won't recognize the potatoe anymore, but inside it is.

Look and thou will find :D !

:D Hey, back off before I get mad and you have to kick my a$$. You'd feel really really guilty. :D

By the way, who or what is Bo's ? ? ? :D

Imagedude

By the way, who or what is Bo's ? ? ? :D

Best Mr. Image Dude, i wouldt love to tell you were Bo,s Place is, but Lets see of Limbo wants to earn his Erdinger.

By the way to stay with the topic, The bowling alley is a fact......as is the oldest bowling group in Chiang Rai : Bo,s bowling buddies. Mr. erwin (Bo,s boyfriend i gues) pays for the Tshirts.

The only thing we need is 3 more players.

(Limbo) :o

Interested subscribe at Bo,s