BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
woralak

The Mekong

Super Highway, Ban Du, around noon today.

Anything else I can do for you Joel? B)

IMG_1337.JPG

IMG_1338.JPG

Super Highway, Ban Du, around noon today.

Anything else I can do for you Joel? B)

wow and i thought we had it bad.

IMG_1337.JPG

IMG_1338.JPG

Edited by woralak

The road between Mae Sai and the Golden Triangle was cut when we went down for a look at the river. We had to detour around it to Chiang Saen.

Heavy rain in Mae Sai for the several hours when we were there and the Sai River was very high.

First pic taken where we stopped for lunch at the Burmese restaurant on the way into town.

And finally the Mekong at Chiang Saen.

IMG_1339.JPG

IMG_1341.JPG

IMG_1344.JPG

IMG_1342.JPG

IMG_1346.JPG

The road between Mae Sai and the Golden Triangle was cut when we went down for a look at the river. We had to detour around it to Chiang Saen.

Heavy rain in Mae Sai for the several hours when we were there and the Sai River was very high.

First pic taken where we stopped for lunch at the Burmese restaurant on the way into town.

And finally the Mekong at Chiang Saen.

IMG_1339.JPG

IMG_1341.JPG

IMG_1344.JPG

IMG_1342.JPG

IMG_1346.JPG

Good pics Scea,just glad i did my visa run a couple of weeks ago.

I never crossed the border woralak, I'm going to Vientiane next month, similar shopping in the Talart Sao there anyway.

Interestingly a guy posted pics in the Visa forum taken of the Sai bridge from exactly the same place as me and I probably missed him by minutes.

The guys laying the sandbags seem to be expecting more water later.

I never crossed the border woralak, I'm going to Vientiane next month, similar shopping in the Talart Sao there anyway.

Interestingly a guy posted pics in the Visa forum taken of the Sai bridge from exactly the same place as me and I probably missed him by minutes.

The guys laying the sandbags seem to be expecting more water later.

I dont go over the border either normally,i just go to the immigration office in Mai Sai for my 90 day stamp,but the last time i went i met up Kd and Jubby and we went looking for M/Bike gear,boots/rain suit etc,but to no avail they didn,t have my size,Jubby managed to get fixed up with boots and some leg protectors,so i'm still on the lookout,Kd also came back empty handed,still it was good to meet up and chew some fat.

I saw on the news this morning (CNN) Nan has been hit pretty bad with floods also Uttaradit,so it seems to be quite wide spread,and there's more to come apparently,lets hope it misses Chiang Khong.

Cheers Wora.

The river along the superhighway from Ban Du Market to past Rajapat is now gone -

but this mroning we had fun fishing our soi -

lots of little fish!

had we gotten to it real early (or late, midnight is good), I bet we'd have gotten

some catfish (not that we need them, we have hundreds).

It can be interesting to see them crossing flooded roads in the rain...

IMG_1344.JPG

Why were this lot sandbagging? Concerned about water come down from the road? Fair way for the river to rise to get to them. :)

Now I did, Scea. Takes a long time to upload with airstick; I hadn't noticed there

was anything there, so thanks for the reminder.

I was able to go across to the gaming shops on the road to Rajapat this morning, though.

All dried up (almost).

Still lots of little fish in our soi-arboretum, though.

IMG_1344.JPG

Why were this lot sandbagging? Concerned about water come down from the road? Fair way for the river to rise to get to them. :)

I've seen the carparks flooded on both sides of the river Garry, the water has a way to go yet.

Two days of sunshine,(what a difference it makes),these were taken today on my coffee stop.

Just to keep you up to date,pics today when taking the coffeee fix,strange boat (Must be High Season).

Thanks again for the update on the river and having your morning coffee break.

Maybe they were able to do a river run while the water level was high, so they could get back to the starting point.

Would be interesting if they got caught down river when the river level drops. :D