Honeymoon In Cr

thai3

Going there for a few days after getting married. Can anyone suggest things to do there, not including shagging of course. Not interested in long hill treks or gawping at tribespeople.-peter

Going there for a few days after getting married. Can anyone suggest things to do there, not including shagging of course. Not interested in long hill treks or gawping at tribespeople.-peter

Hi thai3,

Important question - have you got transport ?

Its much better round CR if you have

lots of beautiful places to visit especially if its your honeymoon

then you can get away from others

If not its still good

The gardens up on Doi Tung are beautiful and a very relaxing way to spend

a few hours and is also an interesting place to visit

Similarly Phu Chi Fa is a very peaceful area - its about 2.5 hrs drive on the Laos border - last time I was there in Feb the slopes were coated in blossoms it looked fantastic

Having lunch beside the Mekong is nice out at Chiang Saen and of course has shopping for the lady

A trip up to Mae Sai is good if you haven't been before even into Taichilek is quite interesting for a short visit

Personally I find strolling around CR a bit of fun but Thai ladies don't really like walking

A visit to the night market is a must if you haven't been before for the food stalls and the shows - and of course shopping for the spouse - table service - lots of beer and ice for you while she is shopping :D

Anyway just my opinion - its no CM but who wants it to be :o

Bye

Nobody can be more right in this than Mr. Tung. Follow his advice!

I just want to add Hin Taek (Toed Thai). 12 Kilometers before Doi Mae Sa Long (Santikiri) you go straight on at the Sam Yek (T-crossing). A beautiful road, about 8 kms.

A perfect guesthouse at a little river (Rimtaan, you can not miss it, after the school at your left hand, about 300 Baht). It is the old stronghold of Khun Sa, the opium warlord. Splendid isolation and very quite. Fantastic morning market and for the rest hardly anything. Two simple restaurants. But what an environment!!!

A nice and quite guesthouse overlooking the mighty Mekong River at Chiangkong wouldn't be bad either (2100 km to Tibet, 2100 km to Ho Chi Minh).

Next to the police station is a little soi. Then the first to the left and after fifty meters you should have a look to the right (about 200 Baht).

Completely peacefull.

Gratulations and all best wishes!