A collection of Thailand photos from 1971

Great!! love these retro pictures makes one nostalgic. Pattaya beach has changed a bit!

Watched 'man with the golden gun' with the TW, theres some great footage of Bangkok 1974.

I just watched it too. I love to see what it looked like years ago. Thanks for the pictures.

It's awful how they could turn it into such a shit-house.

Edited by Shotime

• 5 months later...

Great!! love these retro pictures makes one nostalgic. Pattaya beach has changed a bit!

Watched 'man with the golden gun' with the TW, theres some great footage of Bangkok 1974.

I just watched it too. I love to see what it looked like years ago. Thanks for the pictures.

It's awful how they could turn it into such a shit-house.

i second that, its a lovely little beach in that photo...now a veritable cess pool

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Very nice. Thank you.

We stayed in a beach house at Nakluea, Pattaya over Easter 1973. I seem to recollect that there were some beach chairs and vendors around then at Pattaya beach, but not a lot.

I think we only went in to Pattaya once in a four-day stay. We were self-sufficient at Nakluea - beach in front of the bungalow and the market just a short distance away.

Yes, the tourism industry does a lot of damage to nice places, but as a frequent tourist (not to Pattaya for a long time), who am I to complain?

Seeing those pictures of the river shanties in 1971 reminds me of the little houses by the canals in those days and the beautifully dressed young women that would emerge from them to go to work in the morning. It was such a contrast.

What a beautiful photo of Pattaya Beach in its natural glory

post-34728-0-29451700-1326601240_thumb.j

I believe this is from the same postion, taken 2007. From Hard Rock Hotel looking to the Headland and Dusit Thani Hotel

post-34728-0-83484000-1326601250_thumb.j

This was from near Bali Hai pier, 2011. Now a concrete jungle and looking more like Hong Kong skyline every day..

• 2 weeks later...