BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Garry

Motorcycle Enthusiasts In Chiang Rai

Please try and be honest and no bogus inputs. This poll is not public  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi all,

I'm just trying to get a feeling for what motorcycles our Chiang Rai Thai Visa patrons ride around The Rai and suburbia.

I just have thoughts that perhaps once in a blue moon, enthusiasts could meet up for a ride and on occasion give patronage to some of the finer known dining establishments around 'The Rai'

Your thoughts and if you feel the polls needs more info, let me know?

Cheers,

Garry :D

Edited by Garry

I think the 'Rai already has an outlaw biker gang. B)

That's not my intent :lol:

Okay, I lied. ;) I don't ride 'everyday' but definitely more than once a week. My riding partner has an identical machine and rides most mornings. We would most likely be up for a group ride, from time to time. :)

Wish I would of thought to do this. Potential riding partners would be a bonus. CBR150R but envies VF

I/we (the missus) would be up for a ride out as long as it's gonna be a leisurely pace and not a TT race,nice one Gaz good idea.

Why yes !

what could be a better common interest then our motosai -- well maybe ladies!

It might also be interesting to know what models we are riding.

I'm always thrilled when I see the C.R. 50 cc Honda riding club go by, what a great sight!

marcgee

Why yes !

what could be a better common interest then our motosai -- well maybe ladies!

It might also be interesting to know what models we are riding.

I'm always thrilled when I see the C.R. 50 cc Honda riding club go by, what a great sight!

marcgee

I was going to ask that and it ended up being a toss up between that question and the road surface.

You can only ask three questions in a poll. On hindsight I probably could have combined that into one of the questions :)

I/we (the missus) would be up for a ride out as long as it's gonna be a leisurely pace and not a TT race,nice one Gaz good idea.

Hi mate,

I was at the Isle of Man for the Centennial TT in 2007. Stayed for two weeks. Definitely no TT stuff around town and when I'm up for some fun, I'd rather be by myself and set my own pace.:ph34r::P

I just like the idea of having a Meet & Greet once in awhile, so that we can do some bench racing, set the world to rights and the odd bit of BS added :D

I will hold off voting until I get my new bike, that could be one month or one year but I'll be Happy as Larry when I do. We're blessed with fantastic weather and great roads up here in North Thailand, the perfect combination for motorbike touring.

If anyones interested in a new big bike there is a beautiful Kawasaki ER6n 650cc in the bike shop opposite Doi Chaang. I saw it yesterday, first big bike I've seen for sale in CR, it's burnt orange with less than 2000km's and they quoted me 200k baht so maybe they'd accept 190k, the new price is just under 250k so quite a good discount.

Hi mate,

I was at the Isle of Man for the Centennial TT in 2007. Stayed for two weeks. Definitely no TT stuff around town and when I'm up for some fun, I'd rather be by myself and set my own pace.:ph34r::P

I just like the idea of having a Meet & Greet once in awhile, so that we can do some bench racing, set the world to rights and the odd bit of BS added :D

Sounds great ,put my name down.

when I'm up for some fun, I'd rather be by myself and set my own pace.:ph34r::P

In general I would agree with the notion of having more fun, setting ones own pace. Recently, though, I have lucked into a riding partner who is pretty evenly matched for machine and ability. Though still within the limits of safe riding, the slightly elevated level of testosterone in the air, makes riding with a buddy just that little bit quicker and a lot more fun. ;)

I have personally not ridden with more than two others at one time and would probably prefer a smaller group of riders. I would suspect that a largish group ride would need to be quite tame, to be manageable, and would need more structure and planning.

Any ideas for start point, distance, route and time of day?

I'm not a Rai resident, but I will weigh in lightly.

Owned a CBR150 almost 4 yrs now. Had liter bikes in US (in descending order Aprilia RSV-R Factory, GSX-R1000, YZF-R1, CBR1100XX).

Went on a few rides with fellow sport bike riders- 3 to 4 day loop trips to MHS, Nan, etc.

Had a great time and fantastic riding.

I would say the optimal riding group is 2, maybe 3 max. Reason is that everyone rides at a different pace, some want to or need to stop for breaks more than others, and some are seriously challenged by a fast pace, kept up for hours, for the first time.

It is for that reason that I started riding solo a couple of years ago. I occasionally meet other riders I know on the road, and ride for a bit with them.

Northern Thailand has some of the best roads, scenery and sportbike riding in the world.

For those not aware, check out Golden Triangle Riders dot com. Everything you will ever want to know about riding in Thailand (and adjoining nations).

Just take this as a small piece of advice. Groups over 2 or 3, it becomes a race oftentimes, unless it is a group that has ridden together many times before.

If you guys get something organized in the Rai, maybe I'll come up for a little toot- maybe CR to Doi Mae Salong, down the hill, and ?

Oh I've somehow managed to aquire a few useless bikes myself.

Honda Dream 125 (on mud tyres, would you believe) for when its slippy.

Old sytle 'Nouvo' automatic, my work horse, I abuse it.

Wife Has a Honda Wave, which I ride occasionally

A phantom ta200 which is fine, I'll use it for a leasurely trip to town or tour. Its pretty useless off tarmac IMNSHO

and a chinese manufactured Quad. which seems to be classed as a motorcy. all 250 cc of it.

I'd really like to ditch the above and get a Kawasaki D-Tracker and , or KLX 250.

I'd be up for a ride, see who turns up and suck it and see. 3 or 30 shouldn't be a problem the first time

Edited by jubby

I will hold off voting until I get my new bike, that could be one month or one year but I'll be Happy as Larry when I do. We're blessed with fantastic weather and great roads up here in North Thailand, the perfect combination for motorbike touring.

If anyones interested in a new big bike there is a beautiful Kawasaki ER6n 650cc in the bike shop opposite Doi Chaang. I saw it yesterday, first big bike I've seen for sale in CR, it's burnt orange with less than 2000km's and they quoted me 200k baht so maybe they'd accept 190k, the new price is just under 250k so quite a good discount.

have had a kawa er6n in orange from same shop for 6 months 190000 can highly recomend it,comfortable fast,2 problems crappy exaust note and a bit juicy,easily fixed drive slower and ex market exaust