Motorcycle Enthusiasts In Chiang Rai

Garry

Please try and be honest and no bogus inputs. This poll is not public  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

both you Guys should be familiar with this grammarphone record :- Frigidna je bila

Oh and lets not forget the Village people :)

Anyway, back on topic, anyone else up for a Meet with a motorbike theme ?

Edited by jubby

No We didn't know you were ex-navy ;-)

anyway, before I forget, here's a request from someone who can't be with us at the moment :D

When I joined up many years and I had one wise arse buddy say: all the Navy is about is Rum, Bum & Grammar Phone records :lol:

Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash. icon_info.gificon_plus.gificon_email.gificon_blank.gifSir Winston Churchill, (attributed)

:whistling:

both you Guys should be familiar with this grammarphone record :- Frigidna je bila

Oh and lets not forget the Village people :)

Anyway, back on topic, anyone else up for a Meet with a motorbike theme ?

Hi to all,just catching up on the (CR BIKERS) thread,ive been otherwise engaged today so just got round to reading all the comments.you guys make very interesting reading,yeah all for the meet/greet and all for the trip/trips,looking forward to it,love the vids Jubbs and Kd be great if you and the missus were to tag along so you can tell her it's a BIG green light coming from me and the better half.

Good to see your keeping it warm for him, i suppose its better than trying to do wheelies on the ride on mower :-)

Take care of those bearing you hear......

I was just going to say I know of one other Orange er6n from that shop. I suspect I know you Oldrocker ;-)

its the young rockers bike I just keep it going for him while hes in the uk,lifes a bitch!!

Good to see your keeping it warm for him, i suppose its better than trying to do wheelies on the ride on mower :-)

Take care of those bearing you hear......

Sounds like you know him too bsacbob. Not bad considering he's only had one post on our anonymous forum B)

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would post just to get the subject back on first page. I for one would be interested in something happening even if it ultimately does not go anywhere. Feel like too much of a newbie to try to lead the parade

In for a penny or in for a pound.

Edited by scorpio1945

We could be up for a group ride or two. Must confess though that during the last 126,000km in the past five years (Thai,Laos and Cambo) we've done 95% of it solo. We always ride 2Up; month long off road trips on the 400 DRZ in Laos to some touring with the "sofa" 1150GS. Once you get more then 2-3 bikes together, the chance for errors seems to increase beyond our comfort zone. Having said that - we Love to ride, meet new folks and we do support everyones efforts for getting out on the road.

Cheers,

David and Mai

Chiang Khong

Hey guys, I'm back in thr Rai...waahoo..!!!! Okay, who in the hel_l ordered rain.. I speciifically said 'no rain'...lol. Right I'm still up for a meet & greet. The ride can come at a later date. So who is up for a meet sometime this weekend? Some of our knowledgeable Rai-Patriots can pick a place and time that all could be agreeable to. Day or Night, but I'm swayed towards the day. That way no one can say their night got screwed bewcause of that meet & greet, that that bastard Garry organised.

Let me know. I'll pm my gsm number to any of the attendees for convenience.

Cheers all,

Garry

ps: I can't wait to tell you guys how some trainee <deleted> at Bangkok immigration almost had me climbing the counter when he mistakenly stamped 'USED' on my brand new visa Multi Entry Visa....

If I can recall my last trip. Its just follow your nose and watch out for incomming or oncomming traffic on the bends unless you've got your bike blessed by Bhudda ofcourse.

I don't know what happens when two 'blessed by bhudda' vehicles meet but I do suspect its spiritually enlightening B)

Probably couldn't hurt to have some more 'LUCKY' on the bike. :ermm: Well I do have a 999 and the number plate is 999 as well. I'm double, triple number 3 lucky already..... :jap:

I will try to avoid any spiritual enlightening in your context as much as possible :lol:

Now what does 999 read upside down :rolleyes:

If I can recall my last trip. Its just follow your nose and watch out for incomming or oncomming traffic on the bends unless you've got your bike blessed by Bhudda ofcourse.

I don't know what happens when two 'blessed by bhudda' vehicles meet but I do suspect its spiritually enlightening B)

Probably couldn't hurt to have some more 'LUCKY' on the bike. :ermm: Well I do have a 999 and the number plate is 999 as well. I'm double, triple number 3 lucky already..... :jap:

I will try to avoid any spiritual enlightening in your context as much as possible :lol:

Now what does 999 read upside down :rolleyes:

Not so lucky :lol: to the devil with you :jap:

Once you get more then 2-3 bikes together, the chance for errors seems to increase beyond our comfort zone.

Agree. Some people can be very dangerous on bikes.

In our "gang" :ph34r: we can be a group of 3 to 5 guys going mostly on similar bikes, 250´s. We have strict rules, noone overtake another in the group, keep distance (like 50 m going 50 km/h, 100 m 100 km/h).

As member in the group you are responsible for the guy behind, if you do not see him for half a km, slow down and then stop, turn around to find out why.

That way it is the slowest driver that will give the speed for the group.

If someone wants to stop for a photo, a coffee, a peepee etc, just stop. The guys in front of you will come back to you and the guys after you cannot pass you.

Rules that would not suit most people but we are a group of very good friends, same idea why we are out on the road (have fun and see something new) and we all want to live to shoot some fireworks next New Years Eve.

For a meet and greet I think we decide a place and a time and everyone can go the roads they like best and with the speed that they like.

Or?

:unsure::blink::rolleyes:

All, as I have said before..have the meet & greet with no requirement to ride together anywhere at the time. Just get to meet each other first and progress from there. I have to re-register and update the insurance on my bike on Monday, so anytime in the week thereafter is fine with me. Anybody else for a location to meet up at,,,week day or weekend...let me know. :)

Edited by Garry

I am pretty sure that the CR Hash is the weekend of the 21st. So, having the meet and greet in the late afternoon or evening that day probably isn't a good idea.

A few folks have contacted me about another group trip to El Shaddai. Haven't worked out the details of that yet. I'm thinking Sunday the 22nd, later in the afternoon. If anyone is interested in combining the meet and greet with a trip to the home afterwards, speak up. And if anyone is strongly against it, speak up. I'm easy. Not sleazy, but easy.

Some of your key characters will be out of town on the 25th of this month. Top secret trip. Can't talk about it. That is the Wednesday following the Hash weekend.

Other than that, it looks like someone needs to throw a dart at a calendar and call it. If we have to have two meets to get everyone together, we can do that too. I'm sure that some who would like to go won't be able to make the first date.

If anyone needs a runner to inquire about a gathering at a food place or bar, let me know. I can go inquire. If anyone has a place in mind that they own or are comfortable with, say so.

I'm guessing we will have between 10 and 20 people. I would love to be proven wrong and have way over that. But until we have a date and the folks know what kind of place they will be showing up at, it is hard to say. However, if we end up with two dates to accommodate folks that can't make the first one, I'll show up at the second one also.

I suspect that any types of bikes/bikers and any types of support vehicle folks who want to attend should be welcome. Anyone who can carry an air tank, a small can of gas, a few bottles of water and a few trash bags on a motorcycle route would fit right in. I think that goes for the photo type folks who just want to go along in their cars to take pics of the events. But maybe I overstep my bounds.

BTW- Sven's ideas about safety seem really sound to me. So for rides, maybe the groups can be broken into bikes styles/sizes, speeds, riding abilities and small group can leave in serials. I know we aren't riding for these meet and greets but it is something to consider for the future rides. My bike here is a Phantom I ain't racing anyone.

So, this Monday is out. After that is open. With that criteria, anyone got any input? Don't make me buy a rottie!!

Edited by kandahar

By request, we have some takers for the eve of the 25th. If that agrees with anyone else, let us know.

I'm sure we will stage an earlier one as well. But for now, the 25th, evening, looks good. You 25th folks have a place in mind? Any businesses out there want to throw open the doors?

I'm not so fortunate to be staying in Thailand permanently (trust me I wish it were different). I'm only here for 16 days then head out on the 27 August back to one of the sand traps. I will still come to the Meet & Greet on the 25, but if anyone is up for something earlier, I'm all ears.

regards

Garry

post-60325-091468600 1281814753_thumb.jpI didn't take the poll because I don't live in Chiang Rai, I live some 8600 kilomteres away in Sweden :rolleyes:. But I really love Thailand and especially CR and I visit this place as often as I can (not often enough I'm sorry to say). I drive a Kawasaki Zephyr 750 (Zr750C) as you can guess from my username ;). I have a question for you guys who work and live in this fantastic country of Thailand (with all its ups and downs): how come you almost never see a motorbike with more than 400cc engines in Thailand? Is it because of vehicle taxes or is it because a Honda Dream is dangerous enough in this traffic or what? I saw a Harley 1200cc driven by a farang in CR but beside of that the biggest bike I saw was a Honda 400cc driven by what I think was a duth guy.

In BKK on Khao San Road I saw a bunch of Thai guys riding some old classics as BMW 650, Triumph and someother nice bikes (I'll try to attach a picture). And to the left in the front of the photo you can see why women sholdn't wear thin black tops when people takes photos with a flash; you can see right through the clothes :D. An advice to all the ladies...

Take care all...

For me it is OK anyday except 21st of Aug because of the Hash and I am the hare.

But I would prefer a day when it is not raining!

Can you arrange that KD?

:blink::huh::blink:

Nah, I don't mess with the weather. I learned my lesson about that. We will get what we get. But we are expecting you and that outlaw bunch that you ride with to show up, rain or not.

As a possible member of that "outlaw bunch" any day with a Y in it would be good for me :jap:

For me it is OK anyday except 21st of Aug because of the Hash and I am the hare.

Can you arrange that KD?

Nah, I don't mess with the weather. I learned my lesson about that. We will get what we get. But we are expecting you and that outlaw bunch that you ride with to show up, rain or not.

As a possible member of that "outlaw bunch" any day with a Y in it would be good for me :jap:

Can you arrange that KD?

Okay. We'll make it a "Y" day for sure. That really narrows it down and this is getting easier and easier.

Now, we just have to get a time sorted out. I know we can't schedule it for any time that one of the Thai romantic soaps is on the television. I hear Sven refuses to miss even one episode.

Can you arrange that KD?

Okay. We'll make it a "Y" day for sure. That really narrows it down and this is getting easier and easier.

Now, we just have to get a time sorted out. I know we can't schedule it for any time that one of the Thai romantic soaps is on the television. I hear Sven refuses to miss even one episode.

Well it looks like we have the 25th nailed on, early evening which i guess is around 4pm, what about about meeting at some place none of us ever go too :cheesy: , like Rico's place at Chiang Rai corner, i hear they do the best pizza in town these days................:partytime2:............no camera's please to protect the innocent !!!!!

Wow, There is a lot of dribble to get through on the forum the last two days, its going to take me a while.

Sven, those Bike rules seem pretty sensible to me. I certainly wouldn't have thought of them.

Our friend from Sweden, I think there was some Tax issues with motorbikes over 200cc and also the bigger bikes had to be imported at crazy prices, So maybe thats why there arn't many bigger bikes here. Things are changing fast though.

I cant make the 25th Guys, but you all enjoy yourselves.

I was thinking maybe a meet on sunday, the day after the Hash. I'm planning on staying over saturday night, So even Saturday night would be fine with me. But if you cant make it , don't worry about poor old lonesone me. I always find some guys or Gals to dribble over ;)

Oh, and I think I've found a perfect location for a CR Bikers Club House, Its in Chiang Khong, maybe a bit out the way. I spotted several buildings on a nice landscaped plot just down the road from Woralak . I'm almost certain I spotted a big BMW in that compound, but maybe I imagined it .