Motorcycle Enthusiasts In Chiang Rai

Garry

Please try and be honest and no bogus inputs. This poll is not public  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sure, meet in town somewhere first. It was just one suggestion, didn't want to put all the pieces in the Jigsaw without some more input from the others. What about Kd & Woralak, fellow Phantom owners, we could come in at the back behind the scooters where our bikes belong performance wise :whistling:

I could probably make it but not sure right now. If Woralak and his wife go, then my wife is probably going to say we are going.

But be advised. I'm not a motorcycle enthusiast. I'm not a anything enthusiast.

Even if the wife and I go, we might end up taking the four-wheel vehicle and be in the support role, just hauling the ice chests and the water in and the trash out.

Edited by kandahar

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was another time, another life, another wife.

You didn't listen to the Music again. Gotta listen to the Music fella ! :rolleyes:

One Life, Live it. as the saying goes. .......

or was it, One Wife .... :unsure:

anyway, I could send the Boys around to twist your arm, or maybe the Girls B)

Logistics it is then. Woralaks pretty good with Logistics too. :D

I was just thinking VF was rather quiet. He should be all over this thread.

Just had another thought Garry, The route is sort of on the Chiang Rai Google Map. just zoom out and follow the river to the left. Theres a 'Motorcycle Bridge' on the map. I think its just past the NP. But I could be wrong. Not sure its passable but if it is, it would make the trip far more interesting. Anyone been over it ?

Jubby, if we're talking about Don's Cafe as a reference. The only river I've noticed is the one going past the prison? I think I will need to be lead somewhat :ermm:

Edited by Garry

If Woralak goes, he'll be on the Phantom. His ass is used to it. If I ride a little more between now and then, I'll be on the Phantom. My ass isn't used to it. BUt don't know if I'll get out much between now and then. The wife has a few projects that she is wanting completed.

I was just thinking VF was rather quiet. He should be all over this thread.

Just had another thought Garry, The route is sort of on the Chiang Rai Google Map. just zoom out and follow the river to the left. Theres a 'Motorcycle Bridge' on the map. I think its just past the NP. But I could be wrong. Not sure its passable but if it is, it would make the trip far more interesting. Anyone been over it ?

Jubby, if we're talking about Don's Cafe as a reference. The only river I've noticed is the one going past the prison?

Its the Mighty Nam Kok. The route sort of follows the southside of the river out to the NP and bridge. If I recall correctly. maybe someone else can verify.

Here's another for the Scooter Guys

If Woralak goes, he'll be on the Phantom. His ass is used to it. If I ride a little more between now and then, I'll be on the Phantom. My ass isn't used to it. BUt don't know if I'll get out much between now and then. The wife has a few projects that she is wanting completed.

If its an Ass thing Kd. I'll send the LadyBoys 'round B) Kill or Cure, thats another fine saying :D

Check your dates and your start times. Might coincide with the CR Expats and reduce your turnout. Not sure when they meet. Can't remember anything these days.

Send 'em. I got something for them if they show up here.

Check your dates and your start times. Might coincide with the CR Expats and reduce your turnout. Not sure when they meet. Can't remember anything these days.

Send 'em. I got something for them if they show up here.

You go Big Boy ! :D

So, if this thing works out and it is really just a meet and greet, then maybe it can be a once a month thing, with a different not-too-far-destination and return every month. Good opportunity for folks to meet others that share their ways of doing things and make appointments for more arduous rides or slower rides with like-minded people. The Hash is the third Sat every month, I think. That leaves a few Sats. open. And if you don't exclude the Honda Dreams, Fino's etc. and the support folks in their pickups and Suzuki's, you might end up with quite the gathering of folks that want to see a different park, river or waterfall once a month.

I don't know what happens when two 'blessed by bhudda' vehicles meet but I do suspect its spiritually enlightening B)

I believe that both parties are quickly given the opportunity to end the suffering that is their current incarnation :)

I don't know what happens when two 'blessed by bhudda' vehicles meet but I do suspect its spiritually enlightening B)

I believe that both parties are quickly given the opportunity to end the suffering that is their current incarnation :)

Thats the strength of it Biff. Did you listen to the Music or should you be working :whistling:

And yes, Kd. why not.

So, if this thing works out and it is really just a meet and greet, then maybe it can be a once a month thing, with a different not-too-far-destination and return every month. Good opportunity for folks to meet others that share their ways of doing things and make appointments for more arduous rides or slower rides with like-minded people. The Hash is the third Sat every month, I think. That leaves a few Sats. open. And if you don't exclude the Honda Dreams, Fino's etc. and the support folks in their pickups and Suzuki's, you might end up with quite the gathering of folks that want to see a different park, river or waterfall once a month.

Probably the best view I've read so far and that is my intention for a Meet & Greet. Then any other type of riding matters can be sorted out / planned with convenience. This could work.!

Thats the strength of it Biff. Did you listen to the Music or should you be working :whistling:

And yes, Kd. why not.

I didn't listen to the music mate, I can recall it in my mind at the drop of a hat :lol: no, not working, as yet, they don't have wifi access on the trains :)

I'll mention it when I go in today though, 'boss, can we have wifi on the trains? I need to be on Thai Visa when I'm at work' given the recent climate of industrial action, union bashing and disciplinaries handed out 'willy nilly' I'm not hopeful.

And, I hope you guys get this 'meet up' going, next time I'm back I'll be pootling along on the Fino, that is, if I can summon up the courage to remove all the effin stickers Ms Tastic has seen fit to cover it with! :lol:

Edited by bifftastic

Biff, sounds like you should keep your willy nilly under wraps until things calm down. Hate to see that get bashed or discliplined or, worst case, "industrial action". We're on your side, here in the Rai, man!

Biff, sounds like you should keep your willy nilly under wraps until things calm down. Hate to see that get bashed or discliplined or, worst case, "industrial action". We're on your side, here in the Rai, man!

But just in case that "industrial action" thing happens, let me know. I'm kind of curious.

Edited by kandahar

But just in case that "industrial action" thing happens, let me know. I'm kind of curious.

:lol:

we're divided by a common language again huh?

looking at it objectively, I guess the phrase 'industrial action' can look interesting :lol:

I'll keep you informed, maybe you could bring your 'snap-on tool set' and jubby's ladyboys ;)

Edited by bifftastic

looking at it objectively, I guess the phrase 'industrial action' can look interesting :lol:

I'll keep you informed, maybe you could bring your 'snap-on tool set' and jubby's ladyboys ;)

hey. Don't knock it until you've tried it. I'm certain, well almost , that I haven't

and don't worry about the hello Kitty Stickers on the Fino. A man should be at peace with his sexuality :)

The fino's probably on a par with my Nuovo, and to be honest , but keep it quiet. The Nouvo knocks the spots off my Phantom ;)

hey. Don't knock it until you've tried it. I'm certain, well almost , that I haven't

and don't worry about the hello Kitty Stickers on the Fino. A man should be at peace with his sexuality :)

The fino's probably on a par with my Nuovo, and to be honest , but keep it quiet. The Nouvo knocks the spots off my Phantom ;)

I'll be keeping a watch out for you lot :lol:

Edited by Garry

I'll keeping a watch out for you lot :lol:

Or you could wear Heels :whistling:

Can I bring my Batman suit? I normally use it for springing out from closets....I am ex-navy you know :P

I am not gonna go there. But I'm sure someone won't be able to resist.

No We didn't know you were ex-navy ;-)

anyway, before I forget, here's a request from someone who can't be with us at the moment :D

When I joined up many years and I had one wise arse buddy say: all the Navy is about is Rum, Bum & Grammar Phone records :lol:

Edited by Garry

Well, whilst trawling the shopping malls in Phuket, almost a year ago now, the incumbent Ms Tastic undertook, unbeknownst to her, many tests (I'm sure I was tested too), one of which was the 'hello kitty' test. Now, let's be clear, this test is not a deal breaker, it's more of a "...and then when you throw the 'hello kitty' thing in as well...." kinda thing :)

It is my honour and privilege to announce that she cares not a jot for hello kitty, passing the myriad opportunities that Thailand presents to indulge in 'hello kittyness' with ease, and without so much as a backward glance we moved swiftly on to the 'shoe shop' round.

You can, then, imagine my sense of hope, my worries eased, no teddy bears all over the bed (other than those belonging to her daughters), no cutesy animal stickers or toys that belonged to her at all!

After the Fino purchase she, worryingly, referred to it as 'my darling', we had the monk put some string on it (for insurance purposes),anyone borrowing 'my darling' was spoken to sternly and advised of dire consequences should any scratches 'appear' during their brief tenure of ridership. All is well, I thought.

You can, then, imagine my surprise when, in my most recent visit, 'my darling' is woken from her slumber in the shed for our first trip to Chiang Saen and I notice 93 Minnie fuc*ing mouse stickers all over the dam_n thing!

What can I say? She's done me like a kipper, all is lost! :lol: