Motorcycle Enthusiasts In Chiang Rai

Garry

Please try and be honest and no bogus inputs. This poll is not public  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone. I am Woraphat, wife of Kandahar. If anyone wants to bring anything for the kid's home El Shaddai when you come to the meet and greet, please do so. We will collect and deliver anything you bring. Used children's clothing, food and anything you think . We will go visit the kids soon with other CR people.

Also, if my husband needs boxing, let me know. I will do that for you! biggrin.gif

woraphat

• Like 1

Hi everyone. I am Woraphat, wife of Kandahar. If anyone wants to bring anything for the kid's home El Shaddai when you come to the meet and greet, please do so. We will collect and deliver anything you bring. Used children's clothing, food and anything you think . We will go visit the kids soon with other CR people.

Also, if my husband needs boxing, let me know. I will do that for you! biggrin.gif

woraphat

Can we assume you Don't Box him daily ? ..

...... A Good Husband Should be Fed; Watered, Serviced and Boxed Daily. :crazy:

Well it looks like we have the 25th nailed on, early evening which i guess is around 4pm, what about about meeting at some place none of us ever go too :cheesy: , like Rico's place at Chiang Rai corner, i hear they do the best pizza in town these days................:partytime2:............no camera's please to protect the innocent !!!!!

I like Rico´s, I love his pizzas, especially the "la Rico´s" with pickled jalapenos on.

But maybe we should go a little bit longer so the bikes got some fresh air. Or ?

Must be many places 25 - 50 klicks from town that got enough seats for 10 - 20 bikers.

And 4pm is a little bit late, one thing with motorbikes here in Thailand, driving them are dangerous and when it is dark it is even 10 times worse.

Why not around or just after lunch?

Btw Kandahar, the Rainman, were you out dancing in Houy Prakan on Saturday ? They got 70 mm of heavy rain before lunch and another 24 mm after lunch. Huoy Prakan is the village with El Shaddai.

:huh::):D

woraphat

Hi woraphat, I just want to make sure that the online system for boxing Kandahar is working.

This an official test boxing request on Kandahar..please let me know if it works and I'll spread the word. :lol:

Before I go, are there any different levels of 'Boxing Kandahar' available?

eg:

Level 1: lightly boxed = red face, no bruising

Level 2: moderately boxed = possible shiner coming on

Level 3: severely boxed = black eye and fat lip (regrets wife posting in ThaiVisa in the first place) :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Garry

Wow, There is a lot of dribble to get through on the forum the last two days, its going to take me a while.

Sven, those Bike rules seem pretty sensible to me. I certainly wouldn't have thought of them.

Our friend from Sweden, I think there was some Tax issues with motorbikes over 200cc and also the bigger bikes had to be imported at crazy prices, So maybe thats why there arn't many bigger bikes here. Things are changing fast though.

I cant make the 25th Guys, but you all enjoy yourselves.

I was thinking maybe a meet on sunday, the day after the Hash. I'm planning on staying over saturday night, So even Saturday night would be fine with me. But if you cant make it , don't worry about poor old lonesone me. I always find some guys or Gals to dribble over ;)

Oh, and I think I've found a perfect location for a CR Bikers Club House, Its in Chiang Khong, maybe a bit out the way. I spotted several buildings on a nice landscaped plot just down the road from Woralak . I'm almost certain I spotted a big BMW in that compound, but maybe I imagined it .

Thank you for the answer Jubby, just as I suspected about the taxes and import prices...

And Chiang Khong is a nice place for CR Bikers Club House. It's my fiancees hometown, hope to see you guys around sometime. I would love to hear the sound from a V-twin, an in-line four, a boxer or a parallell twin as a change for the sounds from all these one cylinder four stroke scooters that are echoing allover Asia...;)

Edited by Zephyr750C

Sven, those Bike rules seem pretty sensible to me. I certainly wouldn't have thought of them. Certainly not ! :lol:

I was thinking maybe a meet on sunday, the day after the Hash. I'm planning on staying over saturday night, So even Saturday night would be fine with me. But if you cant make it , don't worry about poor old lonesone me. I always find some guys or Gals to dribble over ;)

Sunday 25th, leaving CR around 10 am would be fine for me! I do not have much of a hangover these days! :D

I was thinking of this place Chang Garden, the resort just east of Mae Chan owned by Dutch people. I have been there once, good food, good cold beer, one of the best meals I have had. It was the Housewarming, The Grand Opening Day so everything was free! (free is good! )

Someone interested?

I can post a map with roads where we do not need to go on the Superhighway more than max 1 km or two.

:rolleyes::):rolleyes:

Sven, those Bike rules seem pretty sensible to me. I certainly wouldn't have thought of them. Certainly not ! :lol:

Sunday 25th, leaving CR around 10 am would be fine for me! I do not have much of a hangover these days! :D

I was thinking of this place Chang Garden, the resort just east of Mae Chan owned by Dutch people. I have been there once, good food, good cold beer, one of the best meals I have had. It was the Housewarming, The Grand Opening Day so everything was free! (free is good! )

Someone interested?

I can post a map with roads where we do not need to go on the Superhighway more than max 1 km or two.

I have been up all night watching the golf.....

The day that Jubby and I say would be a good day is of course Sunday 22nd of August!

B)B)B)

Someone interested?

The day that Jubby and I say would be a good day is of course Sunday 22nd of August!

B)B)B)

Thanks for that Sven. I was confused about Sunday 25th. I went into a spin loop. Deadly embrace !?

That Resort does indeed have nice food, nice pool , ofcourse its always tastes nice when its free. Which just isn't going to happen.

Woralak does nice free Beer and Lunch too but thats probably too far to travel.

saying that I'm more than happy with Rico's pizza's and so are the Kids :)

woraphat

Hi woraphat, I just want to make sure that the online system for boxing Kandahar is working.

This an official test boxing request on Kandahar..please let me know if it works and I'll spread the word. :lol:

Before I go, are there any different levels of 'Boxing Kandahar' available?

eg:

Level 1: lightly boxed = red face, no bruising

Level 2: moderately boxed = possible shiner coming on

Level 3: severely boxed = black eye and fat lip (regrets wife posting in ThaiVisa in the first place) :lol::lol::lol:

Thank you for your word Garry

I just test the online request system. It work very good. He is not happy with you now..biggrin.gif

Maybe we don't tell another about this online thingwink.gif

Yes! Maybe I will save the three Level for another time with him.laugh.gif

Someone interested?

B)B)B)

Thanks for that Sven. I was confused about Sunday 25th. I went into a spin loop. Deadly embrace !?

That Resort does indeed have nice food, nice pool , ofcourse its always tastes nice when its free. Which just isn't going to happen.

Woralak does nice free Beer and Lunch too but thats probably too far to travel.

saying that I'm more than happy with Rico's pizza's and so are the Kids :)

Like ive said on many posts before,anyone is welcome to call in,your the only one that has taken me up on it so far,now check the last PM i sent you im a little confused ref the 25th.

For those of us who live off the beaten track, impromptu visits are going to be quite rare, regardless of an open door policy. Those living in town are used to ten minute travel times, not and hour or more. Our visitors must necessarily block off a three to four hour chunk of time. If it is going to take two hours round trip, for a fifteen minute visit, then it hardly seems worthwhile.

So as much as we like having people over, it just makes more sense for us to meet up in town, while we throw in some shopping before or after.

Back on topic, Garry isn't going to be in town that long so whatever people decide to do should be quick if they want him to attend. We had tentative plans for this morning but the rain gods had different ideas.

Why doesn't someone invite Garry to one of their favorite buffets this week and then leave it open for anyone else who wishes to show up. Cheap, plenty of food and easy parking. After all it is just a meet and greet, for now. :)

For those of us who live off the beaten track, impromptu visits are going to be quite rare, regardless of an open door policy. Those living in town are used to ten minute travel times, not and hour or more. Our visitors must necessarily block off a three to four hour chunk of time. If it is going to take two hours round trip, for a fifteen minute visit, then it hardly seems worthwhile.

So as much as we like having people over, it just makes more sense for us to meet up in town, while we throw in some shopping before or after.

Back on topic, Garry isn't going to be in town that long so whatever people decide to do should be quick if they want him to attend. We had tentative plans for this morning but the rain gods had different ideas.

Why doesn't someone invite Garry to one of their favorite buffets this week and then leave it open for anyone else who wishes to show up. Cheap, plenty of food and easy parking. After all it is just a meet and greet, for now. :)

Great idea. Who can do lunch at Rim Kok resort tomorrow? I can but will be in car, not cycle. Right now, a cycle seat would bring tears to me eyes. My butt hurts. So, 11:00 a.m. anyone?

Great idea. Who can do lunch at Rim Kok resort tomorrow? I can but will be in car, not cycle. Right now, a cycle seat would bring tears to me eyes. My butt hurts. So, 11:00 a.m. anyone?

I'm up for it...no rain, I will turn up on the beasty, otherwise it will be the SUV. :D

Love too,but no can do,just like VF said but the opposite way round,it's not that easy for us living out in the sticks,still up for the 25th though,hope some of the other guys are too. Hope we we can find some common ground on this so we can finally get togther.

Edited by woralak

Love too,but no can do,just like VF said but the opposite way round,it's not that easy for us living out in the sticks,still up for the 25th though,hope some of the other guys are too. Hope we we can find some common ground on this so we can finally get together.

More meets the better. I'll still be coming to the 25th meet, come rain, hail or shine :D

Love too,but no can do,just like VF said but the opposite way round,it's not that easy for us living out in the sticks,still up for the 25th though,hope some of the other guys are too. Hope we we can find some common ground on this so we can finally get together.

More meets the better. I'll still be coming to the 25th meet, come rain, hail or shine :D

Good on ya Gaz.

B)B)B)

I think things got sorted earlier in this thread, where the date that was meant, was Sunday 22nd. So I don't think there is a 25th meeting. I could be wrong, however.

Edited by villagefarang

B)B)B)

I think things got sorted earlier in this thread, where the date that was meant, was Sunday 22nd. So I don't think there is a 25th meeting. I could be wrong, however.

22 nd for sure as well....I'm easy (should I have said that?) :ermm:

B)B)B)

You've been on the back of that Bus for too long VF. :) I thought Wed 25th was set in stone, and Sunday 22nd was still available if anyones interested.

As he's not here long probably best we all make the effort to see him, Woralak and some others hopefully on 25th. Kd & a few others tommorrow and maybe he can meet me on sat or sunday. We can all Mix a match

Kd. did mention something about maybe a sunday afternoon visit to the orphanage too.

P.S . anyone seriously thinking about taking a Bike out in this weather should visit my Insanity thread :D

Edited by jubby

Looks like tomorrow is on. Scorpio, got you covered on the ride. Touch base with me fairly early (09:00 or so? and let me know.

The 25th is on as well. No rush to settle on a place. Woralak isn't crazy about the pizza at Ricos and neither am I but I suspect he has other things on the menu there. So if Rico's is strongly preferred by any of the 25th attendees, I think we can all find something on the menu that we like and if not, we can eat after the meeting breaks up. I think the 25th thing is for sure late afternoon or early evening. But we have time to nail that down.

Sven mentioned a resort. If the weather calms down, That is worth looking into as well.

22nd, I'm not sure. Let us knock out tomorrow and see who we have left and go from there. But I will attend them all, even if we have one every day until Garry leaves.

Also, the Hash is this weekend. Good op for any of us to cover that base of new people as well. I have it on good authority that Soap has gotten over the fever and will be there, in good health and good humor. Check the Hash thread for directions.

Looks like tomorrow is on. Scorpio, got you covered on the ride. Touch base with me fairly early (09:00 or so? and let me know.

The 25th is on as well. No rush to settle on a place. Woralak isn't crazy about the pizza at Ricos and neither am I but I suspect he has other things on the menu there. So if Rico's is strongly preferred by any of the 25th attendees, I think we can all find something on the menu that we like and if not, we can eat after the meeting breaks up. I think the 25th thing is for sure late afternoon or early evening. But we have time to nail that down.

Sven mentioned a resort. If the weather calms down, That is worth looking into as well.

22nd, I'm not sure. Let us knock out tomorrow and see who we have left and go from there. But I will attend them all, even if we have one every day until Garry leaves.

Also, the Hash is this weekend. Good op for any of us to cover that base of new people as well. I have it on good authority that Soap has gotten over the fever and will be there, in good health and good humor. Check the Hash thread for directions.

Rico's is good for me Kd,like you said eating is optional.

Okay

25th is Rico's for the M&G. 17:00 the time, unless someone needs it earlier.

Definitely won't be bringing the bike at the time of day guys, but will most certainly turn up with my wife in tow and the littlin' and her big brother more than likely :D

Okay

25th is Rico's for the M&G. 17:00 the time, unless someone needs it earlier.

Definitely won't be bringing the bike at the time of day guys, but will most certainly turn up with my wife in tow and the littlin' and her big brother more than likely :D

Just checked the Chiang Rai map and Rico's seems easy enoiugh to find. Just down the road from my son's school. :)

edit: hopefully he's not drinking there either...joke, he's a good boy

Edited by Garry