Motorcycle Enthusiasts In Chiang Rai

Garry

Please try and be honest and no bogus inputs. This poll is not public  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We enjoyed a meet & greet (M&G) at the Rim Kok buffet today. Five males in attendance and two wives. Things went better than expected. It turns out we ALL forgot our wallets but the manager allowed us to charge the meals to jubby's account. jubby was absent so he will get a nice surprise the next time he visits there.

As best I could tell, we had two on motorbikes and three in autos.

We are looking to get one more M&G in before the evening of the 25th. The 21st is not good for Garry so any day suggested other than that will work out, I think. He will correct me if I'm wrong. Evenings, breakfasts or lunches, doesn't matter. Just let me know the time and place and I'll be there.

Still on for the eve or late afternoon of the 25th at Rico's.

Sven, maybe it is time for you to call a date, time and place that your outlaw bunch can make it to.

Edited by kandahar

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are looking to get one more M&G in before the evening of the 25th. The 21st is not good for Garry so any day suggested other than that will work out, I think. He will correct me if I'm wrong. Evenings, breakfasts or lunches, doesn't matter. Just let me know the time and place and I'll be there.

Still on for the eve or late afternoon of the 25th at Rico's.

Sven, maybe it is time for you to call a date, time and place that your outlaw bunch can make it to.

I understand you had a very good lunch today, free is good!

We are at least 4 from our 250-gang plus David and Mai from Chiang Khong that are going to have lunch in Chang-Garden outside Mae Chan around 12.00 22nd of August.

Some of us are starting from Rico´s 10.30.

Maps:

post-29230-026831400 1282120937_thumb.jp

If you come from south, from Chiang Rai, on Highway 1, coming into Mae Chan you pass Tesco Lotus on your right hand side, after that is a trafficlight where you turn right, follow the road around 1.7 km and you will have Chang Garden on your right side.

We will avoid highways and will take another road.

post-29230-038438100 1282120940_thumb.jp

(This is a part of probably the best map over northern Thailand. It is Golden Triangle, The Loop from GT-Rider. You can buy it from ST-Motorcycle on Yet Yod 50 m from the new Clocktower. The plastic one lasts for years!)

From Chiang Rai City we take the shortcut to the new airport, at the trafficlights after crossing the river we turn right passing the place where you pay tax for your car, get drivinglicense etc.

We take some smaller roads and come out on 1209. See the green dots on the map.

We will try to take a shortcut to Chang Garden on a dirtroad (still following the green dots on the map)if it is not too wet.

Else we follow 1209 (the pink dots on the map) to the T-junction with the policebox where we go left towards Mae Chan. Following some small roads and come out on the road between Mae Chan and Chiang Saen.

I called Chang Garden and told them we probably will be around 10 people coming for lunch.

Everyone are welcome, on 2-wheels or 4-wheels.

Maybe good if everyone that plan to come say so here or PM me, if we be more than 20 it might be a good idea to tell Chang Garden a day before.

:lol::D:lol:

I'll be back from Chiang Mai on the 21st. Count me in and I'll more than likley meet up at Rico's. I would prefer not to travel on a dirt road, but if I have no choice, so be it :)

Edited by Garry

I can make the Sven thing at Chang Garden.

I will probably take the car that day.

Sven, I had no idea there were 250 in your gang. I thought you were only four or five.

The date is a Sunday so you can put me down for two people. The wife should be traveling with me that day.

For those who would prefer not to bump into VF, I have a previous engagement on Sunday, so fear not.

Garry, might I suggest you continue on the 1209 if they take to the dirt. Chances are you will get there before them, even taking the long way, and your bike will thank you. It was great meeting you and we look forward to sharing the open road on your next visit. :)

For those who would prefer not to bump into VF, I have a previous engagement on Sunday, so fear not.

Garry, might I suggest you continue on the 1209 if they take to the dirt. Chances are you will get there before them, even taking the long way, and your bike will thank you. It was great meeting you and we look forward to sharing the open road on your next visit. :)

Thanks VF, after seeing the map, I'll definitely be taking the 1209 and loop around. Should be fun and I'm looking forward to putting some more miles on my bike. :)

I should be there on Sunday, my family have a previous engagement so I may even see about Hireing a Dirt Bike for the day. Anyone know the best place. A Kawasaki KLX 250 would probably be my choice.

And VF , I'm hopeing I dont bump into anyone ;)

I should be there on Sunday, my family have a previous engagement so I may even see about Hireing a Dirt Bike for the day. Anyone know the best place. A Kawasaki KLX 250 would probably be my choice.

Think there's one or two at the place at the top of Jed-Yod but they are a few years old and quite a bit different to the new ones now sold in Thailand, if you want one of those then Chiang Mai has loads, around 5-600 baht per day which is pretty good considering 1000baht is the daily rate here, may as well get the bus to CM and then enjoy the ride here and back for the same price.

Mr Bump was my favourite Mr Man although Mr Tickle used to tickle me too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz4QZ5ZzbLY

Hey bonnie lad why dont you ave a word wi John,maybe he'll do it on the cheap for ya:rolleyes: .

Hey bonnie lad why dont you ave a word wi John,maybe he'll do it on the cheap for ya:rolleyes: .

So its up to Chiang Khong to borrow Johns (as if) or down to chiang mai for a decent Hire Bike.

Nah marra, I think I'll be "slip Slideing Away" on the Phantom. I'll spare you the Song B)

So its up to Chiang Khong to borrow Johns (as if) or down to chiang mai for a decent Hire Bike.

Nah marra, I think I'll be "slip Slideing Away" on the Phantom. I'll spare you the Song B)

Ok blue,just a thought,i think your chopper needs a run anyway.

Edited by woralak

Hi guys.

I just got back from Chiang Mai with my family..weather was beautiful...grrrrr..!!!!!

I'm cut and pasting a bit from a PM with Scorpio, just being a bit lazy :)

I will definitely be starting from Rico's. It's still 10:30 am right?. I really do want to ride my bike and will see how the weather goes. Unless of course if it is pissing down then I will drive my SUV. It really doesn't bother me that much if the bike gets wet in the long run, as I always enjoy cleaning my bikes and it makes me learn more about it. I can be a bit anal and have been known to completely pull my bikes apart if I wasn't satisfied with something on it.

See you all in or around 10:30 am at Rico's (I know where it is now, I Google Mapped it).

Cheers Garry

Edited by Garry

Hi guys.

I will definitely be starting from Rico's. It's still 10:30 am right?. I really do want to ride my bike and will see how the weather goes. Unless of course if it is pissing down then I will drive my SUV.

Yepp, 10.30 !

No rain tomorrow, at least nothing that will bother us!

B):DB)

A few of us will be going to El Shaddai after the M&G today. No set time yet. Just some time this afternoon, we will drop off some food and children's clothes. Anyone interested can PM or e-mail me.

Edit: If you want to go, you're welcome to come along. We won't stay there long. If you have something you want us to take, we can pick it up and deliver it.

Edited by kandahar

So who is the designated scribe and where is our trip report, complete with pictures and revealing details? ;)

Yeah, we await with baited breath. I've certainly concluded I need to change my Bike.

That BMW would certainly suite me, but I'll settle for a 250.

Is Wednesday Still on at Rico's ? Who's going ?

So who is the designated scribe and where is our trip report, complete with pictures and revealing details? ;)

The designated scribe didn't arrive today. He showed with his wife at the last one but missed this one. And he didn't file the required trip report, complete with pictures and revealing details on the last one either. Fallin' down on the job, I would say.

Yeah, we await with baited breath. I've certainly concluded I need to change my Bike.

That BMW would certainly suite me, but I'll settle for a 250.

Is Wednesday Still on at Rico's ? Who's going ?

I'll be there. Wed eve. or early afternoon, I believe.

The designated scribe didn't arrive today. He showed with his wife at the last one but missed this one. And he didn't file the required trip report, complete with pictures and revealing details on the last one either. Fallin' down on the job, I would say.

Something very strange happened today with this M&G. We were 8 people on 7 bikes when we started.

post-29230-051343200 1282484053_thumb.jp

You can count the bikes here.

But when we arrived to Chang Garden we were still 8 people but now on 6 bikes and one 4WD!!!

:blink:

Noone could understand what happened but hopefully someone can come up with an answere.

But the food was delicious, at least if you tried the Panaeng Gai, Chicken with red curry and coconutmilk.

We had a very nice drive to Chang Garden following the planned route but we all avoided the dirtroad and the drive back to Chiang Rai was even better making a detour taking 1098 almost to Doi Luang, then 3134 to Wiang Chai Rung, then the shortcut along the Mae Kok river on the southside, over the new bridge (not the one in town) and back to Chiang Rai.

Ended up with a coffee at The Hub.

:DB):D

Thats a neat trick with the Bike & SUV Sven. I can believe it though, that area reminds me of the bermuda Triangle.

Weird Shit happens there.

Whats even spookier is it brings Images of Barry Manilow to my Pumpkin Head :huh:

Jubby, I know where another Ducati 999S is for sale, if your inclined. :ph34r:

Thats a neat trick with the Bike & SUV Sven. I can believe it though, that area reminds me of the bermuda Triangle.

Whats even spookier is it brings Images of Barry Manilow to my Pumpkin Head :huh:

Edited by Garry

Nah, Garry, Its a beautiful Bike without a shadow of a doubt. But I'd probably just keep it in my living room as furniture, probably drape a couple of scatilly clad women on it for added effect.

I'm really intrigued with that BMW. That direct drive thing is outstanding, chains should be History, Its the 21st Century or so they tell me. Anyone got any Technical data , details on the thing so I get all anal.

BMW certainly make great bikes Jubby but the perfect bike for North Thailand is a Ducati, check out the link below. And if technical data floats your boat then the technology that this baby comes with is second to none

http://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/west-s-new-multistrada-t8433.html

Nice, Stu. But maybe too much to go wrong. I'd have severe problems choosing a colour also .

Everyone knows a Ducati should be Knicker Red, but white, or Black, I dont know ...... problems, ...... :rolleyes: problems...

................. How much is it here by the way :whistling:

BMW certainly make great bikes Jubby but the perfect bike for North Thailand is a Ducati, check out the link below. And if technical data floats your boat then the technology that this baby comes with is second to none

http://www.gt-rider....rada-t8433.html

Nice, Stu. But maybe too much to go wrong. I'd have severe problems choosing a colour also .

Everyone knows a Ducati should be Knicker Red, but white, or Black, I dont know ...... problems, ...... :rolleyes: problems...

Nice indeed Jubby and the same guy just got a new KTM too, must be a nice choice to have to make when deciding which one to take out for the day!

Prices in the link below but make sure you're sitting down before you click

http://www.ducatithailand.com/bikes.php

http://www.gt-rider....rada-t8433.html

Nice indeed Jubby and the same guy just got a new KTM too, must be a nice choice to have to make when deciding which one to take out for the day!

Prices in the link below but make sure you're sitting down before you click

http://www.ducatithailand.com/bikes.php

So I guess we'll both go for the 1200 S. It would be rude not to. What color you want ?

Yeah, I always have a problem deciding which bike to take :D