Motorcycle Enthusiasts In Chiang Rai

Garry

Please try and be honest and no bogus inputs. This poll is not public  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Doi Yao VF ? . Interesting. Didn't know that. Yao as in the people ? . I always thought they were Hmong up there.

If it wasn't VF at the thingamijig then maybe it was a Tellitubby and not a Ninja Turtle :D

Edited by jubby

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doi Yao VF ? . Interesting. Didn't know that. Yao as in the people ? . I always thought they were Hmong up there.

My understanding is that the mountain top village is called Phaya Phipak. Don't know why the villagers here call it Doi Yao but it is a very 'long' mountain range from this vantage point. Perhaps that could have something to do with it. I'll have to ask around.

Hi

Hope I have not missed it on any of the other topics but What is the deal with the Chiang Rai Bike Party listed on GT Rider and afew other places set for 13th December and hopefully 2010??

Hi

Hope I have not missed it on any of the other topics but What is the deal with the Chiang Rai Bike Party listed on GT Rider and afew other places set for 13th December and hopefully 2010??

New's to me, but then again a group of us are just back from a two week bike trip to Laos, but a bike party would be a great idea in CR before the holiday.

Dates anyone ??

Hi

New's to me, but then again a group of us are just back from a two week bike trip to Laos, but a bike party would be a great idea in CR before the holiday.

Dates anyone ??

Listed on GT Rider etc as 13th Dec 2010 and also confirmed by my Sis in law who lives in Chiang Rai. But no other details. Maybe only Phantom(s)?

This same meet was listed last year as well and to the best of my knowledge, nothing came of it. I know several who were interested then but no confirmation info was available. Maybe it will really happen this time??????

Even though sis-in-law also mentioned it if you people who regularly walk the streets of CR are unaware and this is an annual non event

I would be tempted to ask all our pig farmers TV readers out there whether the pigs are fed, engines revved and ready to fly?

Thanks for your feedback Kandahar

• 1 month later...

Went round to see Khandahar today. thought he'd been a bit quiet lately.

Appears his wife is expanding her 'Saddle Bags' Business.

Anyway, Sounds like she is looking to supply other Motorcycle type accessories. Body Armour , jackets, Pants etc..

She had some Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet Headsets. The Box says, Bike to bike Intercom Talk. connectivity options:-

Mobile phone, GPS Voice instructions, Built in FM radio. Listen to your MP3 player.

You can talk to another rider upto 500 metres away apparently.

I bought one at 3400 baht. Sounds like a very good price. I haven't had chance to check it out yet but I thought of you Guys . Maybe you have one already !?

Anyway, Sounds like she is looking to supply other Motorcycle type accessories. Body Armour , jackets, Pants etc..

She had some Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet Headsets. The Box says, Bike to bike Intercom Talk. connectivity options:-

Mobile phone, GPS Voice instructions, Built in FM radio. Listen to your MP3 player.

I bought one at 3400 baht. Sounds like a very good price. I haven't had chance to check it out yet but I thought of you Guys . Maybe you have one already !?

Honestly not knocking what is being sold but most bike to bike intercoms a good for at least a kilometer. Interested in the Body Armour & Jackets...might save me a trip to the border :)

Honestly not knocking what is being sold but most bike to bike intercoms a good for at least a kilometer. Interested in the Body Armour & Jackets...might save me a trip to the border :)

Honestly Garry ? . I've only seen 100m and 500m sets on the net. I must admit I haven't done a lot of searching.

I always thought Bluetooth was a short range system by design. Anyway, 500m is far enough away for me.

Do you have one ? Have you used one ?

I'm interested in trying it out.

Honestly Garry ? . I've only seen 100m and 500m sets on the net. I must admit I haven't done a lot of searching.

I always thought Bluetooth was a short range system by design. Anyway, 500m is far enough away for me.

Do you have one ? Have you used one ?

I'm interested in trying it out.

Hi Jubby, glad you asked. I'm not normally a fan of bluetooth for that type of range until recently. Have I used bike intercoms, yes but mine were radio type and good for over a kilometer or so due to the low power output restrictions many a year ago in Australia. The wind noise deadening microphone technology is quite advanced nowadays. Have I got one now, no. Though, if I were to have a change of heart with Bluetooth, I would definitely get the Scala rider G4 . This is a very advanced system.

From their website:

The scala rider G4 redenes the notion of high-end communication for motorcycle helmets. Encased in a rugged yet streamlined body, the scala rider G4 Motorcycle Bluetooth headset offers Bike-to-Bike Intercom at a remarkable range of up to ONE MILE!

The G4 Motorcycle Bluetooth headset also features unique 4-way Intercom between two bikers and two passengers or 3-way Intercom among three separate bikers.Multi Device Connectivity, including mobile phone, A2DP(Bluetooth stereo), FM radio with RDS, intuitive button controls, wire connectivity to iPod/ MP3 player, and much more, make the G4 the world's most feature rich communication and entertainment device for bikers.

Edited by Garry

Do you have a price for that one Garry. Looks very nice, but Very expensive .

This one I have has a remarkable resemblance to the Scala Q2. remarkable resemblance.

500 meters will be enough for me Garry, any further may as well be Solo (or on a Ducatti) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Garry, did we miss a get-together while you were home? I was looking forward to a biker lunch. Maybe we'll have to have one without you?

Apologies mate, I've been meaning to call you (I will). The usual excuses of sidetrcked being dad and helping mum take care of our new daughter. Been busy with the Ducati today, as I broke it. Rear sub frame broke clean through. I'm taking the sub frame in to get repaired (hopefully). It's thin walled alloy tubing, so I hope the guy can do it, without blasting holes through it. Fortunately it is only the 999 that is broken and not me. Luckily Ducati can be quickly pulled apart. I had everything off in about 15 minutes.

DSC01080.jpg

DSC01064.jpg

DSC01071.jpg

The bike is fine guys and as mentioned parts are repalceable if need be and the suspension is fine. It's just stress cracked and broke. It's at the welders today to get TIG'ed and strengthened. This is a common trait of alloy subframes, not just on Ducati's. It's just that V-Twin's are more prone to accelerating the problem due to low frequency harmonics. In other words, V-twin's shake the sh&t out of everything :lol:

The bike is fine guys and as mentioned parts are repalceable if need be and the suspension is fine. It's just stress cracked and broke. It's at the welders today to get TIG'ed and strengthened. This is a common trait of alloy subframes, not just on Ducati's. It's just that V-Twin's are more prone to accelerating the problem due to low frequency harmonics. In other words, V-twin's shake the sh&t out of everything :lol:

Thats good to hear Garry.

If your looking for a tougher bike that isn't usually overcome by low frequency Harmonics, I've got a Phantom for sale. :D

If your looking for a tougher bike that isn't usually overcome by low frequency Harmonics, I've got a Phantom for sale. :D

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

I'm sure Garry will find the offer Hilarious Too. Won't be seen Dead on a phantom me thinks . Or Alive :)

I suspect he's busy fending off critics on the Bike section of the forum.

Didn't he once say he was ex-navy !?

....... and we haven't heard from the Swedish Biker Mafia on here for a while..

Let think about that for a moment or two.............hmmmm....Nope, I'm going to have to say no. :lol:

I'm sure Garry will find the offer Hilarious Too. Won't be seen Dead on a phantom me thinks . Or Alive :)

I suspect he's busy fending off critics on the Bike section of the forum.

Didn't he once say he was ex-navy !?

....... and we haven't heard from the Swedish Biker Mafia on here for a while..

Yeah, that was funny. Can I come to your parents wedding Jubby? :lol:

I received the sub frame back today. Looks fine, perfectly aligned. The guy did exactly as requested. Internally strengthened with alloy tubing. I'll reassemble the bike first thing in the morning.

DSC01086.jpg

DSC01090.jpg

DSC01088.jpg

Edited by Garry