BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
limbos

Fantasy Premier League

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:58 AM, wilai said:

Some of our more prolific posters are a little shy!:thumbsup:

I've never played it before. I don't have a clue what you do. Think I've heard that you have a budget and have to buy players and you have to look out for players who are injured but that's about it. It all seems high maintenance

31 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I've never played it before. I don't have a clue what you do. Think I've heard that you have a budget and have to buy players and you have to look out for players who are injured but that's about it. It all seems high maintenance

You can spend as little or as much time as you like on it once you've picked your 1st team (can even use auto-select if you want). Up to you how seriously you wanna take it. Best bit for me is it gives you an added interest in matches not involving your own team...eg I even smiled a little last night when Pogba scored for Man U:biggrin:!

Anyway. We have 40 entries in the Classic League (still open for latecomers). The Head to Head is now closed. I think there are 20 entries in that one.

1 hour ago, wilai said:

You can spend as little or as much time as you like on it once you've picked your 1st team (can even use auto-select if you want). Up to you how seriously you wanna take it. Best bit for me is it gives you an added interest in matches not involving your own team...eg I even smiled a little last night when Pogba scored for Man U:biggrin:! 

Anyway. We have 40 entries in the Classic League (still open for latecomers). The Head to Head is now closed. I think there are 20 entries in that one.

Between the Fantasy League and the Prediction contest do you ever forget exactly what you are hoping to happen ? Seems like trying to satisfy a wife and a mistress !:tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Between the Fantasy League and the Prediction contest do you ever forget exactly what you are hoping to happen ? Seems like trying to satisfy a wife and a mistress !:tongue:

To even think of that analogy you must be a right butterfly jelly ?

27 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Not really....although I smiled again when Leicester scored as I had 2-1 in the Predictor:thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, wilai said:

Not really....although I smiled again when Leicester scored as I had 2-1 in the Predictor:thumbsup:

Oh did I forget to mention. The sheet you sent me was blank ?

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Oh did I forget to mention. The sheet you sent me was blank ?

S'ok...I have a copy!:biggrin:

18 hours ago, wilai said:

Won the Classic League for the last two years. Your lad (Mark) got it the year before. All three of you normally do well. Good Luck this year!

I've just seen that my eldest son who was not gonna bother this year has entered right at the last moment. Scott is Right Royal Kane In , or that was what he was called last year and I don't think he's changed it much being a yid it's got to have something to do with Kane. So we have four players in my family again so we obviously want to have a go this year!!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

To even think of that analogy you must be a right butterfly jelly ?

I'm trying to mend my ways.?

It is disconcerting when I sometimes find myself pulling for a Man United or Chelsea goal at the death.:blink:

Yeah fantasy can skew your thinking. I was pissed off last night that we'd messed up a clean sheet, when in the real world that was a good win.

I think I've joined. Bojies Blues. Looks like I've missed out till next week though

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I think I've joined. Bojies Blues. Looks like I've missed out till next week though

Never mind B, when you win the league you can say that you did it with a weeks less points!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yep you are in mate and starting from the back of the grid! so no points for this week. Some people do this deliberately so they can base their team on info gleaned from first week line ups etc. Any questions send me an e-mail if you like.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

Never mind B, when you win the league you can say that you did it with a weeks less points!!

Mid table would be a triumph TP. Don't even know how the points are scored or when you can do substitutes etc

29 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Mid table would be a triumph TP. Don't even know how the points are scored or when you can do substitutes etc

Wilai and myself have been playing for many years so if you have any questions please feel free to pm either of us , we will be happy to help, but to get you started after your first week you will get one transfer a week, you don't have to use it if you are happy with your players performance , ( you can have a maximum of 2 over 2 weeks, then you must use one or lose one)but you may get an injury where the icon by the player goes red if he is definatley out and yellow if he is doubtful, you can transfer out the dodgy player and replace him with one of the same value as long as you do it before deadline which is normally half an hour before the first game of the week kicks off. Oh and remember you can't have more than 3 players from the same team in your team, otherwise you would pick all the City players and that would be that!! Good luck anyway!

• Like 2