Go Fish- Chiang Rai

kandahar

Most of you know how to play "Go Fish". Those that don't will soon figure it out. Let's get rid of some of the stuff we aren't using and gain some of the things we need. I realize we have the classifieds, but face it; not too many people look at them.

For the Chiang Rai area:

Does anyone have a child's seat for the back of a bicycle? Needs to fit, or be able to fit with a little modification, a Raleigh bike. I have the bike already. FYI: Not for me. Trying to get a friend fixed up with a bike.

Let me know. I'll pm you for the price if you don't want to post it here.

kandahar

Edited by kandahar

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Idea Kd. I've a couple of them but there a couple of thousand miles away.

Oh, man!. If I had access to everything I have stored thousands of miles away, I would be in good shape. One of the things I miss the most is a simple Snap-On pry-bar set.

Can't beat Snap-on anything Kd. Pry Bar , you going to do some wrecking or breaking and entering ?

So this 'Go-Fish' thing.. I don't know how to play, can I ask if anyone wants a Phantom or a Quad or any other of my motorcys !?

Does anyone have a child's seat for the back of a bicycle? Needs to fit, or be able to fit with a little modification, a Raleigh bike. I have the bike already. FYI: Not for me. Trying to get a friend fixed up with a bike

This child's seat is 1000 baht or less in any of the big bicycle shops in town.

We bought ours about a year ago for 900 baht in the bicycle shop near Big C.

Does anyone have a child's seat for the back of a bicycle? Needs to fit, or be able to fit with a little modification, a Raleigh bike. I have the bike already. FYI: Not for me. Trying to get a friend fixed up with a bike

Thanks dindong.

Looking for a second hand cheapie. Again, this isn't for me. It is for a guy that I have already helped a lot and I'm not too keen on giving up too many baht to help him more. We are giving him the bike after we put new tubes and tires on it. So, I'll keep it as cheap as possible. If I don't find the second hand child's seat for the right price, I'll just give him the bike and let him figure it out. But he will never be able to afford the seat. I don't pity him but I pity his wife and child. The bike will take some pressure off of her, as he usually sends her to go begging transportation when he needs it. She is super humiliated to do this but he could care less how is affects her.

Edited by kandahar

Thanks dindong.

Looking for a second hand cheapie. Again, this isn't for me. It is for a guy that I have already helped a lot and I'm not too keen on giving up too many baht to help him more. We are giving him the bike after we put new tubes and tires on it. So, I'll keep it as cheap as possible. If I don't find the second hand child's seat for the right price, I'll just give him the bike and let him figure it out. But he will never be able to afford the seat. I don't pity him but I pity his wife and child. The bike will take some pressure off of her, as he usually sends her to go begging transportation when he needs it. She is super humiliated to do this but he could care less how is affects her.

Really thoughtful what you're doing kandahar, but the guy sounds like a right A'hole

I've found one that works for now, the desk drawer is a bit of a treasure trove, especially towards the back.

On offer I have an LG OneTouch Recording SuperMulti Video to Disk thingy.

I've never used it because I could never work it out. I thought it was a simple external DVD burner but it's not.

Cost me 2500B 3 years ago.

Any offer considered.

Away all next week.

Trek 4300 Mountain bike, very good condition = 10,500baht ovno

It's 22.5 inches so only suitable for the taller gents that reside in CR, it's from 2008 but serviced/cleaned regularly. It will be serviced/cleaned again prior to sale.

Great bike for a healthy lifestyle and for exploring CR and as it's almost the dry, cool season the perfect time to buy it too. There is a link to the bike below (the only one I could find) which has all the specs but the main points are;

Front suspension (which can be locked)

24 gears

Black/Silver

Many parts are Bontrager

Front and rear 'cats eye' lights included

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/trek/4300-2008-mountain-bike-ec001560?utm_source=awin&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=awin&utm_source=awin&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=awin&promo=Content

PM me if interested

It's 22.5 inches so only suitable for the taller gents that reside in CR, it's from 2008 but serviced/cleaned regularly. It will be serviced/cleaned again prior to sale.

Great bike for a healthy lifestyle and for exploring CR and as it's almost the dry, cool season the perfect time to buy it too. There is a link to the bike below (the only one I could find) which has all the specs but the main points are;

24 gears

Black/Silver

Many parts are Bontrager

http://www.evanscycl...n&promo=Content

PM me if interested

Good deal on the bike. Too big for me and I already bought my ride a year and half ago. But someone is looking for your bike.

I've found one that works for now, the desk drawer is a bit of a treasure trove, especially towards the back.

On offer I have an LG OneTouch Recording SuperMulti Video to Disk thingy.

I've never used it because I could never work it out. I thought it was a simple external DVD burner but it's not.

Cost me 2500B 3 years ago.

Any offer considered.

Away all next week.

Sorry Scea. Found one controller and the wife said "Oh, good. I need that mouse." End of story.

skybluestu

I've got the 24 inch with 27 gears and find that I use all of them, great bike the Trek. Somebody should want it. Have you placed it in the classifieds yet?

Thanks VF, I hated the thought of you having 3 more gears than me so went and checked and it also has 27 and not 24 like I originally said. But I pretty much only used gears 10-18, there must be some mighty steep roads where you live to use the first and last few!

It's not in the classifieds yet as I have only just decided to sell it so thought I'd try this thread first, I hardly use it really and my 45min walk/run with my dog every morning is enough exercise for me at the moment, maybe when my little girl is older I will ride again with her but that won't be for a good few years yet so may as well find it a new home.

Surely someone must be interested in a 27 geared Trek in very good condition?!

skybluestu

I've got the 24 inch with 27 gears and find that I use all of them, great bike the Trek. Somebody should want it. Have you placed it in the classifieds yet?

Thanks VF, I hated the thought of you having 3 more gears than me so went and checked and it also has 27 and not 24 like I originally said. But I pretty much only used gears 10-18, there must be some mighty steep roads where you live to use the first and last few!

It's not in the classifieds yet as I have only just decided to sell it so thought I'd try this thread first, I hardly use it really and my 45min walk/run with my dog every morning is enough exercise for me at the moment, maybe when my little girl is older I will ride again with her but that won't be for a good few years yet so may as well find it a new home.

Surely someone must be interested in a 27 geared Trek in very good condition?!

I worked so hard on that putdown and there you go and dismantle it with such ease. I was so pleased with myself that my gears were bigger than yours. ;)

Seriously I find that I, too, am walking the dogs to the dam or riding the Ninja, so my Trek doesn't get the workout it used to. Perhaps when the trails are a bit drier. I do have a stand for it, so I can ride it like a stationary bike in the living room, however. Just a thought. :)

• 3 weeks later...

24 gears

Black/Silver

Many parts are Bontrager

http://www.evanscycl...n&promo=Content

PM me if interested

Ad posted on bahtsold and TV classifieds but it hasn't been approved by the TV bods so not showing yet, maybe tomorrow. If anyones interested the link is below

http://www.bahtsold.com/detail.php?id=60415

I have a 33 yr old Thai wife who spends too much. I'm looking for a younger thrifty model. I will accepts trades.....whistling.gif

Bring her along to one of the meet and greets Dindongrb. I'm always on the look out for a new Wife.

Does she still have all her Teeth ?

............. Will I still have all my Teeth after the Meet & Greet !? :D

Alternatively , I could offer a reconditioning course.

We'll start her off on the many uses of Bamboo and take it from there. If she's particularly headstrong, my mate Will take her to Borneo for some Jungle Survival training for a small fee

Edited by jubby

In addition to Stu's Trek cycle being on the TV classifieds, I notice there are two leather motorcycle jackets on there today as well.

http://classifieds.t...10&ord=0&sens=0

But I am looking for rhubarb.

Up to you of course, but I really think leather is better :)

Man, you've got an eye for humor, don't you?

But if I find a rhubarb motorcycle jacket, I'll be the envy of all of you and you know it.

In addition to Stu's Trek cycle being on the TV classifieds, I notice there are two leather motorcycle jackets on there today as well.

http://classifieds.t...10&ord=0&sens=0

But I am looking for rhubarb.

Up to you of course, but I really think leather is better :)

Man, you've got an eye for humor, don't you?

But if I find a rhubarb motorcycle jacket, I'll be the envy of all of you and you know it.

Mate, I'd love to see you dressed in rhubarb :lol:

what with the burning horses and now rhubarb wearing motorcycle riders I'm reconsidering moving to CR :lol:

Edited by bifftastic

Howzabout Alpinestars roadrace leathers, US size 44, Euro size 54....knee sliders, black, pinhole ventilated front, in as new condition. Fits male 5'10" to 6' 2".

I could use a new wife, but some teeth are a requirement. :D

Edited by mcgriffith

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe this place will complement the go-fish CR thread. Just noticed the new advertisement today for this second-hand shop grand opening.

http://classifieds.t...ning-65718.html

Well K, I don't understand what this has to do with the "fishing" thread but it is a beautiful one! I will try out the place tomorrow!.

I think we agree that a certain person has to stop asking for attention. If not feel free to reply.

Actually, this thread has nothing to do with the "Fishing" thread. That thread is about fishing, literally. This thread is based on the children's card game where one person asks another if he/she has this card or that. If the person has the card, then the person has to give it up to the "asker" and the receiver of the card tries to make pairs in his/her hand of cards.. If the "giver" does not have the card, they get to tell the "asker" to "go fish". The person who has to go fish, draws two more cards that they have to try to make pairs of or pawn off on someone else.. If I remember correctly, the winner is the first person to make pairs of his/her cards and lay them out on the table. Score is kept by counting the opponents cards that have not been paired up yet..

So, this thread is loosely based in that children's game. It is meant as a kind of "swap meet" for those that don't want to mess with the TV advertisements. At the same time, since the TV advertisements are offered to us for free, I like to make sure I bring some of the more interesting things offered there to the attention of the forum members and maybe create more interest of the normal readers in checking the CR advertisements more often. I assume that the more hits the advertisement pages get, the more revenue for the owner of the forum. So, while maybe we are taking away a little from the TV advertisement page with our "go fish" "swap meet" thread, hopefully we are steering even more traffic to the revenue generating thread and our little thread won't be viewed as "stepping on toes" or "not paying our dues".

Edited by kandahar