Go Fish- Chiang Rai

kandahar

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trek 4300 Mountain bike, very good condition = 10,500baht ovno

It's 22.5 inches so only suitable for the taller gents that reside in CR, it's from 2008 but serviced/cleaned regularly. It will be serviced/cleaned again prior to sale.

Great bike for a healthy lifestyle and for exploring CR and as it's almost the dry, cool season the perfect time to buy it too. There is a link to the bike below (the only one I could find) which has all the specs but the main points are;

Front suspension (which can be locked)

24 gears

Black/Silver

Many parts are Bontrager

Front and rear 'cats eye' lights included

http://www.evanscycl...n&promo=Content

PM me if interested

Good deal on the bike. Too big for me and I already bought my ride a year and half ago. But someone is looking for your bike.

You were right and they just bought it. Many thanks to Sceadugenga who acted as a middle-man and who brokered the deal, the best part was his commission was only a cup of tea!

Ah, just burn a few mossie coils, you'll be fine.

No takers on my pristine Alpinestar road racing leathers (sized perfectly to fit VF).

Unfortunately my avoirdupois precludes personal use.

Perhaps I should downgrade my minimum-teeth Thai wife price....to a few hundred kilos of organically grown Hom Mali rice, new harvest only.

Or....?:rolleyes:

Speaking of southern food, for those in the know, the markets are loaded with okra right now. I fried some up yesterday. Just as good as I remember it being. I will fry some more in the next day or so. The family here has never had it that way but they like it, so they will be eating it often while we can buy it.

I've noticed it in Thailand but I've never seen it cooked.

I can't say I fancy it personally, it looks a bit like squash. which I don't like.

I checked a few recipes for cornbread, it looks very similar to the traditional English scone recipe.

It can't be too hard to cook, find a recipe on the 'net with straight forward ingredients, avoid ones with stuff like buttermilk which is hard to find and away you go.

If you don't have a proper oven it's easy to knock one up out side with a few bricks and a bit of steel plate.

I can't say I fancy it personally, it looks a bit like squash. which I don't like.

I checked a few recipes for cornbread, it looks very similar to the traditional English scone recipe.

It can't be too hard to cook, find a recipe on the 'net with straight forward ingredients, avoid ones with stuff like buttermilk which is hard to find and away you go.

If you don't have a proper oven it's easy to knock one up out side with a few bricks and a bit of steel plate.

I was thinking of knocking up an Oven myself. Do you have one I can get an Idea from Scea ?

I love Squash but I'm not too keen on Okra but I guess I could get used to it, like I've got used to Bamboo :)

Biff I think its quite possible that we both had the same thought at the same moment in Time. We were one with each other for a moment. brings back the thought of my chicken legs too :)

Some sort of syncronicity maybe, Its scary. What was that thought - Tadpoles !

No, I was having a couple of beers last night at a gathering to purge some evil spirits and I was rather Hungry. I dont like Bamboo particularly, but I ate a large quantity of it due to hunger .

So, I guess deprived of food for a week or so, I could handle Tadpoles. Ofcourse, there are so many other natural items to eat here that I probably wouldn't get as far as Tadpoles B)

Marra ; I guess you'd just go to Macdonalds down the old Kent road if you were Hungry ;-)

Edited by jubby

Bleah! wouldn't go down the Old Kent Road unless i was chasing someone and they went down it first! (it's a south london/east london thing) and i'd have pie an mash before maccy d's :D

I'd eat the bowl they came in before I'd eat the Tadpoles! :lol:

When you say you ate bamboo, was it the stuff they make houses out of, or the shoots that pandas eat?

I like the synchronicity thing though :)

I was thinking of knocking up an Oven myself. Do you have one I can get an Idea from Scea ?

I love Squash but I'm not too keen on Okra but I guess I could get used to it, like I've got used to Bamboo :)

http://www.gulland.ca/homenergy/brickoven.htm

It's a bit fancy but the principle is there.

Bleah! wouldn't go down the Old Kent Road unless i was chasing someone and they went down it first! (it's a south london/east london thing) and i'd have pie an mash before maccy d's :D

When you say you ate bamboo, was it the stuff they make houses out of, or the shoots that pandas eat?

Panda's Mate, Panda's and Thai People ofcourse , and me I guess ;-)

Edited by jubby

Panda's Mate, Panda's and Thai People ofcourse , and me I guess ;-)

I don't mind a bit of ahaan Pandaa! Had an image of you chewing the end off a bamboo fence post there for a minute! :lol:

Eight years ago I went to a New Year's Eve party in the Philippines, it was at a small village in Southern Luzon and I fell into conversation with a group of Philipino men one of whom worked on a mining project on the island of Negros. He inquired where I was from and became excited when I said Australia. His boss, the mining engineer, was an Australian he said and a champion among drinkers.

One night during a heavy session, the Australian had said to him, "You Philipinos think you're pretty tough don't you?" Not sure where the conversation was headed my new friend said that he could go a bit and to his surprise was challenged to a gecko eating competition.

"Who won?" I inquired; shamefacedly he confessed he hadn't managed even one while the Australian had popped down three or four.

"Well" I said, "it is one of our national sports, you could hardly be expected to compete" and changed the subject before they went off gecko hunting.

Later I wondered about the rules, so if there is a local competition in Thailand- are you allowed to bite the heads off first or is a bit unsporting, something like not walking off in cricket when you know you're out?

Edited by sceadugenga

Home-made oven is a good idea but have too much going on right now. Building BBQ grills that I think will double as an okay oven when they are finished. We will see. Building picnic tables too. And doors. And doghouses. And chairs. And painting our bedroom. And...............................

Dog Houses Kd !? . I'm in the DogHouse right now B)

Certainly no shortages of gecko's Scea. biting the head off has got to be cheating, unless its a Tokay, that I'd like to see, the Tokay has more than a sporting chance of surviving that test.

And Biff, having vivid Images of me blowing my Digeridoo in your Mind is certainly not good for your mental Health. Maybe you should book a session (not drinking session) with Limbo B)

:D

Post us a picture of that BBQ when its finished Kd.

Having seen some of the things you've made I'm sure It'll be one hel_l of a BBQ. I could probably use one myself if you can find the time to make a spare one ;) . I've only ever seen them made from old tin cans or Oil drums here. :bah:

Post us a picture of that BBQ when its finished Kd.

Having seen some of the things you've made I'm sure It'll be one hel_l of a BBQ. I could probably use one myself if you can find the time to make a spare one ;) . I've only ever seen them made from old tin cans or Oil drums here. :bah:

I can only make them for myself and as gifts for family. But the wife has a few workers that will gladly turn one out for you. What I do for myself, she seems to steal the ideas and turn them into an industry for herself and her workers. Up to her. I have more than enough to keep me busy taking care of my own projects. But she does well enough with her end of it.

I will post a pic and a review when it is done.

Edited by kandahar

Has anyone run across a shop that has a REALLY good selection of stainless steel machine screws, nuts, washers and bolts? I know about the machine shop on the super highway, not far from the old bus station. He has some there but I need some things that he doesn't carry and he isn't keen on ordering new stuff. That is the only place in town that I know of for a variety SS fasteners.

• 4 months later...

There is a decently priced Suzuki in the CR TV ads today.

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/automotives-vehicles/cars/1990-suzuki-caribian-4wd-jeep-plant-hunter-87140.html

And of course, our resident killer-dog owner, Cool Blue, is trying to get rid of his new tires. Maybe he is going to "retire"? He says his dog doesn't bite but the tires do.

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/automotives-vehicles/motorcycles/unused-irc-roadwinner-rx-01-tyres-86995.html

Edited by kandahar

Driving past the old bus station towards the super highway , take the first right turn. There is a shop on the corner selling all sorts of stuff for the land etc. Just inside that road that you turn into , there is a machine shop . I have gone there with stuff that I have needed to be made and they are very very good. If they have'nt got what you need , they can make it. Good luck. :D

Driving past the old bus station towards the super highway , take the first right turn. There is a shop on the corner selling all sorts of stuff for the land etc. Just inside that road that you turn into , there is a machine shop . I have gone there with stuff that I have needed to be made and they are very very good. If they have'nt got what you need , they can make it. Good luck. :D

Machine shop!!! What exactly did you notice. mill, lathe, any high end weldimg equipment TIG, MIG? Any ferrous or non-ferrous bar stock in racks?.

Thanks for any info :D :jap:

I have two tires to offer. 225/70-R15. They came off of a Caribbean Sporty. Brand is Nankang. They are street tires, not off-road tread. Still plenty of life and tread left in them. If you're wanting them for personal use or to help your family out, the price is 200 baht each or one decent, hot pizza when you show up to collect them. If you're wanting them to help support a non-profit group, they are free. Just send a PM to schedule a time to see them or pick them up.

Edited by kandahar

• 4 weeks later...

Machine shop!!! What exactly did you notice. mill, lathe, any high end weldimg equipment TIG, MIG? Any ferrous or non-ferrous bar stock in racks?.

Thanks for any info :D :jap:

I saw a moving ad posted In today's Chiangmai Citylife with a welder as well as tools etc. Good luck to you

-Power Tools

-Ryobi petrol weed trimmer

-Welder

[email protected]

Nongtong -Sanpatong

084-4802529 Thai-Eng

Edited by mellofello

• 1 month later...

I keep seeing things and meeting people that surprise me at the entrepreneurship of people. While this dude may not be the first in northern Thailand, he has gotten in on the ground floor of something that will only grow in the future.

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/miscellaneous/others/solar-panels-wind-and-solar-electric-systems-and-components-99650.html

• 3 weeks later...