BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
kandahar

Go Fish- Chiang Rai

Trek 4300 Mountain bike, very good condition = 10,500baht ovno

It's 22.5 inches so only suitable for the taller gents that reside in CR, it's from 2008 but serviced/cleaned regularly. It will be serviced/cleaned again prior to sale.

Great bike for a healthy lifestyle and for exploring CR and as it's almost the dry, cool season the perfect time to buy it too. There is a link to the bike below (the only one I could find) which has all the specs but the main points are;

Front suspension (which can be locked)

24 gears

Black/Silver

Many parts are Bontrager

Front and rear 'cats eye' lights included

http://www.evanscycl...n&promo=Content

PM me if interested

Good deal on the bike. Too big for me and I already bought my ride a year and half ago. But someone is looking for your bike.

You were right and they just bought it. Many thanks to Sceadugenga who acted as a middle-man and who brokered the deal, the best part was his commission was only a cup of tea!

The photo of your house was worth the trip; good move there, waterfront property is always the way to go. B)

IMG_1334.JPG

The photo of your house was worth the trip; good move there, waterfront property is always the way to go. B)

IMG_1334.JPG

You could have waited til I'd cut the grass!

Ah, just burn a few mossie coils, you'll be fine.

No takers on my pristine Alpinestar road racing leathers (sized perfectly to fit VF).

Unfortunately my avoirdupois precludes personal use.

Perhaps I should downgrade my minimum-teeth Thai wife price....to a few hundred kilos of organically grown Hom Mali rice, new harvest only.

Or....?:rolleyes:

If anyone in CR is going to be making a pan of corn bread in the near future and can make one extra, let me know. I'll buy one full pan from you while it is hot.

Edited by kandahar

Speaking of southern food, for those in the know, the markets are loaded with okra right now. I fried some up yesterday. Just as good as I remember it being. I will fry some more in the next day or so. The family here has never had it that way but they like it, so they will be eating it often while we can buy it.

I've noticed it in Thailand but I've never seen it cooked.

I can't say I fancy it personally, it looks a bit like squash. which I don't like.

I checked a few recipes for cornbread, it looks very similar to the traditional English scone recipe.

It can't be too hard to cook, find a recipe on the 'net with straight forward ingredients, avoid ones with stuff like buttermilk which is hard to find and away you go.

If you don't have a proper oven it's easy to knock one up out side with a few bricks and a bit of steel plate.

I can't say I fancy it personally, it looks a bit like squash. which I don't like.

I checked a few recipes for cornbread, it looks very similar to the traditional English scone recipe.

It can't be too hard to cook, find a recipe on the 'net with straight forward ingredients, avoid ones with stuff like buttermilk which is hard to find and away you go.

If you don't have a proper oven it's easy to knock one up out side with a few bricks and a bit of steel plate.

I was thinking of knocking up an Oven myself. Do you have one I can get an Idea from Scea ?

I love Squash but I'm not too keen on Okra but I guess I could get used to it, like I've got used to Bamboo :)

Biff I think its quite possible that we both had the same thought at the same moment in Time. We were one with each other for a moment. brings back the thought of my chicken legs too :)

Some sort of syncronicity maybe, Its scary. What was that thought - Tadpoles !

No, I was having a couple of beers last night at a gathering to purge some evil spirits and I was rather Hungry. I dont like Bamboo particularly, but I ate a large quantity of it due to hunger .

So, I guess deprived of food for a week or so, I could handle Tadpoles. Ofcourse, there are so many other natural items to eat here that I probably wouldn't get as far as Tadpoles B)

Marra ; I guess you'd just go to Macdonalds down the old Kent road if you were Hungry ;-)

Edited by jubby

Bleah! wouldn't go down the Old Kent Road unless i was chasing someone and they went down it first! (it's a south london/east london thing) and i'd have pie an mash before maccy d's :D

I'd eat the bowl they came in before I'd eat the Tadpoles! :lol:

When you say you ate bamboo, was it the stuff they make houses out of, or the shoots that pandas eat?

I like the synchronicity thing though :)

I was thinking of knocking up an Oven myself. Do you have one I can get an Idea from Scea ?

I love Squash but I'm not too keen on Okra but I guess I could get used to it, like I've got used to Bamboo :)

http://www.gulland.ca/homenergy/brickoven.htm

It's a bit fancy but the principle is there.

Bleah! wouldn't go down the Old Kent Road unless i was chasing someone and they went down it first! (it's a south london/east london thing) and i'd have pie an mash before maccy d's :D

When you say you ate bamboo, was it the stuff they make houses out of, or the shoots that pandas eat?

Panda's Mate, Panda's and Thai People ofcourse , and me I guess ;-)

Edited by jubby

Panda's Mate, Panda's and Thai People ofcourse , and me I guess ;-)

I don't mind a bit of ahaan Pandaa! Had an image of you chewing the end off a bamboo fence post there for a minute! :lol: