Thai Advertising Misc. From All Eras

• 5 weeks later...

Fascinating thread as it provides insight into the development of society. Advertising puts the meat on the bones of history because it gives such vivid examples of what people were thinking and dreaming of at the time. The artwork in some cases is beautiful. (ok, some will dismiss it as pop art, but it still impresses all the same. You can't beat creative genius.) I get a kick out of watching the old world exhibition films from the 30-s-50's, stuff like the world tomorrow which gives an idea into how people were able to dream about exploration and technological advances. The adverts here are fun. Truly one of my favourite visits is this thread and the other threads in this section of the forum.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Speaking of ads, here's an interesting one for an "Anti-Cough Pill", although somehow the centipedes don't seem very enticing :lol:

post-8262-051886900 1283645799_thumb.jpg

(Found here)

http://www.alibaba.c...Cough_Pill.html

well they still must be available, my Thai wife brought (looks like) a years supply over with her to Australia. BTW ... they taste horrible :bah:

LOL! I wouldn't doubt it's pretty awful stuff to get down the gullet. I'm not sure how long this stuff has been available. The picture seems to suggest the founder dates back quite a while. I'm also not sure of the reason for the inclusion of centipedes on the packaging. That alone would be enough for me to avoid it.