Decent Indian Ingredients On Sukhumvit

tommytouch

Hi

I recommended a good little place for buying ingredients for cooking Indian food a while back, on Sukhumvit soi 23. A few days ago I found another shop. It's under the Rembrandt hotel, Sukhumvit soi 20 (dont remember the name, Spice something). Convinient if you live around the area.

I also had a good Indian veg meal at Red Chilli in the soi opposite, behind Basilico. I'm no expert but it was filled with Indian families and there were people waiting for seats, so..... It works on a swipe card system like many food courts do. You'll need to know your Indian food names though as there's no descriptions of the dishes (or you could just ask the staff). There's also a place upstairs serving meat dishes. Note: I don't think they serve beer.

RE Soi 20, I think you may be referring to the "Spices R Us" shop... I haven't been there yet, but I believe they're run by or affiliated with the Geeta company, which used to have a couple Indian food grocery shops around Sukhumvit, most of which seem to have closed over time. When I called Geeta some time back because their web site listed a bunch of closed locations, they pointed me to the Soi 20 location in the Rembrandt Tower.

Yep, that's the place, on the left just before you enter the main building. I didn't have a detailed look around but they seemed to have all the classic ingredients needed for Indian cooking. One of the reasons I mention any places around Sukhumvit is because they're convinient for me and I want them to get business so that they don't close (as you mentioned does happen) :D

• 4 weeks later...