? On Ubc/True

Gonzo the Face

I have had the gold package for about 10 years or so, or at least 2 boxes and pay just a bit over 2000 B per month.

I now have a decoder box remote that is not working and UBC/True is asking 300 baht to replace. Is that a valid request or should they replace the broken equipment ? Does anyone not partial to either answer know the correct answer?

Gonzo

Edited by Gonzo the Face

The box belongs to True and if go to the main office at Siam TV they should exchange at no cost

Our true remote failed about a year back, they wanted 100Baht to replace it. We went personally to their office at Phya Thai but they wouldn't budge. By accident a neighbour mentioned that she had several remotes and gave us one.

We have since cancelled true and went through a nightmare with them, including their unauthorized use of my name to restart the account for the new owner of the condo. After some strong talking they cancelled it and started again with the new owners name.

If we had not, by accident, discovered they were reusing my name the bill would have continued possibly for several years, without my knowledge, in my name.

Great if the current owner had moved on without paying, I would have up for their bills.

You might like to also know that if your paying by automatic charge to your credit card you cannot cancel the charging, only true can cancel it.

The box belongs to True and if go to the main office at Siam TV they should exchange at no cost

Our true remote failed about a year back, they wanted 100Baht to replace it. We went personally to their office at Phya Thai but they wouldn't budge. By accident a neighbour mentioned that she had several remotes and gave us one.

We have since cancelled true and went through a nightmare with them, including their unauthorized use of my name to restart the account for the new owner of the condo. After some strong talking they cancelled it and started again with the new owners name.

If we had not, by accident, discovered they were reusing my name the bill would have continued possibly for several years, without my knowledge, in my name.

Great if the current owner had moved on without paying, I would have up for their bills.

You might like to also know that if your paying by automatic charge to your credit card you cannot cancel the charging, only true can cancel it.

I canceled the auto charge to my credit card myself. Just called my bank. No problem.

Amorn sells the remotes for 70 Baht. I've had to replace 2 of them.

I have had UBC or whatever other names it goes by for some time. I never had a problem. When something didn't work, I took it to the office at Siam TV and it was replaced.

A few months back one of our boxes had a problem (we have two)... I took it to the office and they replaced it. Within a short time the other box had a problem. When I took it to the office a lady there did not want to replace it. I called the phone number, which I think goes to Bangkok and they took care of my problem by sending "technicians" to our house witha new box. The phone number people seemed much more customer friendly than the lady at the office.

Good luck!

MSPain

As usual I am clueless.

Whats a gold package?

This is a name designation issued by those who purport to be TV Prog. providers, to one of ther promotional packages. I believe they have a Silver, Gold and Platinum Package. The higher you go up the ladder you have access to more programs that you can watch over and over each month...... or alternativly not have any interest in watching at all. Needless to say the higher you go, the higher the price.

G

Edited by Gonzo the Face