Thai Passport For Baby

Forethat

Sorry, I have searched TV but failed to find the answer to this question.

We need to get a Thai passport for our 4 month old daughter. I wonder if someone has done this before. Which documents are required and where do we apply?

I also wonder if both parents must be present when the application is made (that was the case when we got the other passport)?

A Thai passport is easily applied for, at a passport office. There are several in Thailand. Applying takes about 30 minutes and they can send the passport to your address for 35 baht.

The required documents you can find here: http://www.mfa.go.th/web/473.php?id=3167

• Documents required for applicants under the age of 15
    • Birth Certificate or a certified copy from the applicant’s district office
    • House Registration
    • Parents or legal guardian’s Citizenship I.D. Card or the other identification card which complies to the rules of the Ministry of Interior
    • A parental consent letter and a certified copy of the parent’s Citizenship I.D. Card of non-appearing parent
    • Other relevant documents such as
      • Change of Name or Surname Certificate
      • Adoption/Legal Guardianship Certificate
      • Divorce Certificate
      • Divorce’s memorandum certifying sole custody of the appearing parent
      • Death Certificate of non-appearing parent
      • Judicial declaration of incompetence of non-appearing parent
      • Alien Certificate of the applicant’s parents

[*]Application fee

• e-Passport application fee : 1,000 Baht
    • postage service (EMS) fee : 35 Baht

Both parents have to give consent, but no need for both to go to the passport ofice.

Thai passport offices: http://www.mfa.go.th/web/showStatic.php?staticid=396&Qsearch=consular%20affairs%20chiang%20mai

• Like 1

Successfully applied for the passport yesterday. We couldn't find a passport office other than in Laksi, so we went there. Both of us came along so the only documents required other than our proof of identity was the birth certificate and house registration book. No need to bring photographs as they take them on site. Smooth, took less than 30 mins. We were given the option to have the passport sent to us (1 week delivery time) or pick up the passport on site 3 days later.

Thank you for this, much appreciated.

• 4 months later...

Any one know this one?

i need to apply for a replacement passport for a 5 year old,old ones about to expire.is the procedure the same as getting the first one or will it be easier.i don't want the mother attending.is there a 'service' for doing something else as i have another child 3 yrs old needing their first passport,but again i don't want the mother knowing......

Any one know this one?

i need to apply for a replacement passport for a 5 year old,old ones about to expire.is the procedure the same as getting the first one or will it be easier.i don't want the mother attending.is there a 'service' for doing something else as i have another child 3 yrs old needing their first passport,but again i don't want the mother knowing......

That both parents sign for the passport is a requirements, unless you have sole custody. You are asking for illegal advice with asking for a 'service'.

CLOSED.