Change 30 Day Entry To Non Immigrant Visa

No but you can do that if you have a 60 day tourist visa.

Wrong, or at least I am in the process of seeing that you are wrong. The Immigration Office has a nice form for changing visa types. Saw it myself. My wife's school owner is a Police Major General, commander of General Staff or something like that in Bangkok. He sent my wife down a form and says that immigration in Bangkok will handle it this week for her. I am a naysayer, but never hurts to try. The owner's friends at Immigration are telling him that they will do it for him and we all know that EVERYTHING is possible here.

Is it possible to come into Thaialnd on a 30 day entry and then get a job and apply for a non immigrant without going out of the country?

Not possible to convert a 30 days stamp to a NON-Immigrant visa. Entry on a 60 days tourist visa can be converted without problems, if your paperwork is ok.

No but you can do that if you have a 60 day tourist visa.

Wrong, or at least I am in the process of seeing that you are wrong. The Immigration Office has a nice form for changing visa types. Saw it myself. My wife's school owner is a Police Major General, commander of General Staff or something like that in Bangkok. He sent my wife down a form and says that immigration in Bangkok will handle it this week for her. I am a naysayer, but never hurts to try. The owner's friends at Immigration are telling him that they will do it for him and we all know that EVERYTHING is possible here.

But that does not make The Dude wrong. The form is a TM86 and is for change of visa. You do not have a visa on a 30 day entry without visa so there is nothing that can be changed.

As you say - it may happen because you are a great guy - but not because he is wrong. Immigration has the authority to issue visa but it is not a normal occurrence AFAIK.