Hyperbaric Chambers In Thailand

bazmlb

1. Contact Coordination action To protect the interests of national marine (arrow lakes) Tel. (038) 437-927, (038) 438-008, Fax (038) 438-952,.

Mobile 087-004-8512, report hotline misfortune Marine # 1696.

2. Radio navy black ant. (Navy Region 1): call sign "21C".

Radio SUPER STAR (black ant) 21C channel frequency 27.215 MHz /.

HF radio frequency 8249 KHz /.

Marine VHF radio channel 16-band frequency 156.800 MHz /.

3. Coordination search aircraft and ships victims. Department of Aviation.

02-285-9471 - 3.

4. Center for Water Security. Department of Marine and Navy Panit. (Department of Marine original).

5. Medicine Hospital Phrapinklao 02-475-2441,02-475-2731 underwater.

6. Hospital sun 02 - to 7413.73018.

7. Watchara Phuket Hospital 081-895-1073.

8. Krabi Hospital (075) 645-275.

9. Koh Tao (077) 456-572.

10. PHUKET (076) 342-528.

*** Room chamber ***.

Phuket

Phuket International Hospital - Emergency ambulance (076) 210-935.

Bangkok Hospital lines that express  1719, (076) 254-425, 254-421.

Groundwater medical hotline (081) 989-9482, (086) 272-4618.

Wachira Phuket Hospital 076-211114, 217293-8.

SSS Recompression Chamber Network

44/1 Moo 5, Chalermprakiat, Ror 9 Vichit

Muang, 83000, Phuket, Thailand

Tel: +66 (0)76 209 347

Fax: +66 (0)76 612 660

Email: pschindler[a]sssnetwork.com

Krabi to Phuket to Krabi Evacuation Center (075) 695-275.

Samui.

HST (077) 427-427.

Bangkok Hospital Samui (077) 429-500 fax. (077) 429-505 hotline (081) 989-9482, (086) 272-4618.

Koh Tao.

Need to Koh Samui. But the clinic on Hat Sai Ri. The initial support and can be â. Wed, Bangkok Samui is 01-0830533.

Chon Buri

Hospital sun 038-436167, 436171-2, 438686.

Underwater Medicine Division Sattahip 038-423666.

Bangkok Pattaya Hospital hotline in 1719, (038) 259-911 ,259-999.

Koh Chang, Koh Chang Hospital (Government) (039) 521-657, 586-131.

Hospital Somdejprapinklao 02-4680116, 4752941, 460000.

Wet ground (Bangkok) 02-3103000.

Wet ground (Pattaya) 038-427770-7.

Wet ground (Ko Tao) 077-456664, 06-1301872.

SSS recompression.

Koh Samui, 076-254425, 010-848-485.

Koh Tao 010-830-533.

Phuket, Krabi, Khao Lak, 098-712-335, 062-831-941.

http://www.badalveda.com.

http://www.sssnetwork.com.

Information from

Bangkok Hospital hotline in 1719.

Badalveda - Groundwater medical hotline (081) 989-9482, (086) 272-4618.

DAN South East Asia 24 hour hotline: +61-8-8212 9242

SSS Emergency Numbers

Phuket 081 081 9000

Khao Lak 081 081 9444

Krabi 081 081 9222

Koh Samui 081 081 9555

Koh Tao 081 081 9777

Good one Baz. I have never understood why as all the diving is around Tao the chamber is here on Samui ? <deleted>!!!! Why did they close the one on Tao as there used to be one there and as far as I know there still is a small single person pot there ? Anybody know ?

It was closed for several reasons.

Back when first here there was no X-ray facilty to rule out overexpansion injurys before treatment.

The supporting DR was never on site so remote diagnostics via internet cam/phone

The competing Chamber done there absolute best to scare people away with comments about Monoplace is dangerous etc etc.

Competing chamber stepped up the evac procedure to Samui and pushed hard that multiplace is best option plus have full on site hospital support.

Dive operators here never fully suppoirted finacially (needed just 2 mill per year to stay here)

So unfourtunatly the chamber relocated to Bangkok/Samui hospital, it has exellent back up there and in my opinion one of the best Thai Hyperbaric Drs on site Dr Donya.

SSS also have great staff and still have a good chamber if not just a bit old.

Sad thing is Tao now has full time Drs here and two X-ray facilites, further more neither chamber co have great markerting now and would concentrate more on patients as is required.

Lets see what the future brings, hopefully a multiplace chamber with full support.

I don't see the Phuket Subaquatic Safety Services (SSS) recompression chamber's 24-hour medical emergency/information hotline. If there is one number you should have in your mobile, that is it. 081-081-9000

They are located at Phuket International Hospital thus have recompression doctors on site or on call 24/365. SSS is the Divers Alert Network (DAN) referral recompression chamber for the Phuket region, which includes the Similans/Khao Lak, Phi Phi and Krabi.

If your diving emergency is on a commercial dive boat, the company will take you to the recompression center which they have purchased insurance with unless the injured diver is known to possess DAN insurance, then they usually go to the SSS DAN chamber at PIH. The staff answering the 24-hour emergency number at SSS are English speaking and Dive Medical Technicians. They can provide valuable medical information and advice in an emergency. Their chamber is a multiplace dual-lock so a tender goes in with the patient, and doctors, medical supplies, and medication can be locked in and out as needed.

The Phuket SSS chamber can also assist with/arrange for evacuation and transport to the PIH from any pier. The vast majority of DCI patients in the Phuket region end up at SSS.

Chamber is currently (and during every low season) providing free 1 day orientation courses to any interested dive professionals working in the Phuket region. This includes a seminar/refresher on DCI recognition, current changes and trends in dive accident management, as well as a chamber dive to 18 meters. PM me or email the chamber for more information.

http://www.sssnetwork.com/pages/phukethome.html

[email protected]

SSS Phuket 24 hour emergency/information number: 081-081-9000

Also a good number is the DAN South East Asia 24 hour hotline: +61-8-8212 9242

thats huge

Yep, When I visited it, they had about 15 patients in there receiving hyperbaric treatment for various illness and injuries, no divers though. They also have a smaller room at the other end of it separated by the airlock where the toilets are.

• 4 years later...

So it looks like its just Hospital Somdejprapinklao (which I didnt know is in BKK) and Wet ground (Bangkok). And I would guess nothing in Chiang Mai or Northern region.

I noticed multiple times increased health effects and wound healing when flying on long 18hr flights. But then I read that "Although aircraft cabins are pressurized, cabin air pressure at cruising altitude is lower than air pressure at sea level."

So are the health effects from the oxygen concentration and not the pressure? Or something else about the altitude that changes environmental factors?

Can anyone comment if any relationship that exists between: flying on an airplane VS breathing in pure oxygen from a tank VS hyperbaric chamber?

So it looks like its just Hospital Somdejprapinklao (which I didnt know is in BKK) and Wet ground (Bangkok). And I would guess nothing in Chiang Mai or Northern region.

I noticed multiple times increased health effects and wound healing when flying on long 18hr flights. But then I read that "Although aircraft cabins are pressurized, cabin air pressure at cruising altitude is lower than air pressure at sea level."

So are the health effects from the oxygen concentration and not the pressure? Or something else about the altitude that changes environmental factors?

Can anyone comment if any relationship that exists between: flying on an airplane VS breathing in pure oxygen from a tank VS hyperbaric chamber?

pure O2 would be easy to get, but should be handled with care (it is a bit dangerous)

At max altitude (41,000) the 737NG cabin provides a max cabin differential of 8.35psi. Therefore the partial pressure of oxygen in the cabin is equivalent to approximately 8000 feet above sea level. Newer designs such as the B787 and A350 have achieved lower cruising cabin altitudes around 6000 feet. Certain business jets are even better. Any improved health effects you noticed on 18 hour flights are entirely psychosomatic and fanciful, unless wound healing and well being is increased on top of a mountain.

At max altitude (41,000) the 737NG cabin provides a max cabin differential of 8.35psi. Therefore the partial pressure of oxygen in the cabin is equivalent to approximately 8000 feet above sea level. Newer designs such as the B787 and A350 have achieved lower cruising cabin altitudes around 6000 feet. Certain business jets are even better. Any improved health effects you noticed on 18 hour flights are entirely psychosomatic and fanciful, unless wound healing and well being is increased on top of a mountain.

Actually, I won't be surprised if a mountain top will work probably just as well. Overnight in a cabin in the woods has a profound effect. As does the beach. Sleep is a lot deeper and restful. I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sick_building_syndrome, so perhaps anywhere with fresh air helps.

Was just wondering if oxygen plays a role, as the effect after a long flight lasts for two three days. If there was a reasonable price and way and to stay on a plane for 100 hours to test the effect, I would gladly do so. That's why I am interested in given a hyperbaric chamber a try, or at least try breathing unpressurzied oxygen.

I'm all about science, and according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbaric_medicine there seems to be INSUFFICIENT evidence that is effective, yet use is on the rise. (Guess marketing is getting better)

However, for something that carries little risk and the only lost is monetary, I don't mind couple of sessions of n=1 study on myself to see if it helps.

Any additional comments or feedback is appreciated :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived