BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
kandahar

The Funny Things She Says

I was watching Animal planet with a Thai lady friend in the week, the documentary was about King Penguins. My friend asked me , " what do you call them " I said , Penguins, Oh she said ,nearly the same ,we call them Pinkwins ,hahahahha. She then said , not all animals we call the same, you call Zebra - Zebra, we call them Giraffe , I nearly died laughing so much . :D

Giraffe !? .... I'm dying laughing now :D ........... Hope its not true :ermm:

True 100% , but so funny , I stilllaugh when thinking about it .

I was watching Animal planet with a Thai lady friend in the week, the documentary was about King Penguins. My friend asked me , " what do you call them " I said , Penguins, Oh she said ,nearly the same ,we call them Pinkwins ,hahahahha. She then said , not all animals we call the same, you call Zebra - Zebra, we call them Giraffe , I nearly died laughing so much . :D

No, I mean they don't really call a Zebra a Girraffe here do they :(

It's a pretty important thing, the wife and I discuss zebras and giraffes on an almost daily basis.

A friends thai wife asked him, Thai dog speak woof woof, what Englisg dog speak? and if thai dog meet english dog can they talk?

It's a pretty important thing, the wife and I discuss zebras and giraffes on an almost daily basis.

It may not be a pretty Important thing Scea. But if its true it speaks Volumes . to me anyway ;)

I suppose it's important to keep a sense of linguistic superiority with this type of thread.

Personally I'm just pleased that the Thais don't bust a gut laughing at some of the things I try to say in their language. B)

I suppose it's important to keep a sense of linguistic superiority with this type of thread.

Personally I'm just pleased that the Thais don't bust a gut laughing at some of the things I try to say in their language. B)

'linquistic Superiority' !? ...... If it funny its funny, Let em laugh :D

Anyway, I'm just a dumb Sexpat, not a 'Mover and shaker'. What do I know !? . ... Give me another 10-15 years to work on my delusion B)

A friends thai wife asked him, Thai dog speak woof woof, what Englisg dog speak? and if thai dog meet english dog can they talk?

I wonder about that myself also to be honest.

I was looking at earrings with my (now ex) wife. There were two pairs that she really liked so she asked if she could get them both. I wanted to jokingly ask her "how many piercings do you have in your ears?". What I actually asked with my limited vocabulary was "how many holes do you have?". The sales girls all cracked up my wife turned red and I stood there wondering what the he11 was going on until my wife explained. :)

If I remember correctly, modern sound analysis techniques have shown that dogs do 'talk' with different regional accents - eg a dog from Liverpool speaks with a higher pitch than many other areas in th Uk. Probably find that they can all communicate well, but might struggle a bit with some of the subtleties! There is no misunderstanding the meaning of a bite on the bum.

If I remember correctly, modern sound analysis techniques have shown that dogs do 'talk' with different regional accents - eg a dog from Liverpool speaks with a higher pitch than many other areas in th Uk. Probably find that they can all communicate well, but might struggle a bit with some of the subtleties! There is no misunderstanding the meaning of a bite on the bum.

Dogs with a Scouse accent. !? Your Sh .... err. ... 'Kidding' me Harsu ;)

What Dialect do your Greyhounds (or are they Lurchers, I forget.) Anyway, what Dialect do they speak with ? :D

Dogs with a Scouse accent. !? Your Sh .... err. ... 'Kidding' me Harsu ;)

What Dialect do your Greyhounds (or are they Lurchers, I forget.) Anyway, what Dialect do they speak with ? :D

They're ex-racing greyhounds. Barney was Irish bred, so I imagine he has a soft Irish brogue mixed in with some Yorkshire (did a lot of racing around there), and Poppy - well a nice Doric twang. Anyway, we can understand them perfectly. 'What's that stuff on the outside of trees, Barney? 'Bark'. 'How would describe the texture of it, Barney?' 'Ruff'.'

Me and my kid was watching TV and the wife was busy lecturing his brother on the phone about him having an affair with a co-worker in the factory,

my wife was siding with her brother's wife and promised her that she'd straighten him out because it looks like her brother was ready to dump her and his kids for that girl.

My wife was so carried away in her conversation on the phone that she blurted out loud and clear...with or without think :

"hey, you've 2 kids, where is your sense of resposibility,

you are a father and you have a wife too...how can you do this (affair) to your wife !?!!

Look...if it's just for fun and for just a while it's ok...but you mustn't decide that you want to

call it quit with your wife and kids...."

I look at my kid and obviously he over heard it too and look at me with a wicked grin...

(me)..." What !?!!...What do you mean if it's just for fun and just for a while then it's OK !?!!...So you're approving it...then can i do it too ? " :D

Holding the phone to her ear and looking at me astonishingly :blink: ...she suddenly had a jump and for that moment had a lost of words as she realised

what she had just said and quickly tried to correct it....not to her brother but to me :

"No no no...err..i mean...err..NO !...Not to you, you cannot !!! "...she broke down laughing, my kid and i laughed so much...:lol:

I pursued on,

(me)..."But i thought you said it OK ? " :rolleyes:

(her, turning around still holding the phone) " NOooo...i mean him, you cannot !!! " :angry:

My kid laughed so hard that he fell off the sofa ~

Edited by RedBullHorn

No, I mean they don't really call a Zebra a Girraffe here do they :(

:lol: no mate it's 'maa laai' basically means 'patterned horse' :)

They're ex-racing greyhounds. Barney was Irish bred, so I imagine he has a soft Irish brogue mixed in with some Yorkshire (did a lot of racing around there), and Poppy - well a nice Doric twang. Anyway, we can understand them perfectly. 'What's that stuff on the outside of trees, Barney? 'Bark'. 'How would describe the texture of it, Barney?' 'Ruff'.'

Irish. Thats close to scouse . I was just thinking that maybe they may be able to assist Soap rounding people up into that Hash Circle thing that he tries so hard to do by himself. I've only seen a 100% Failure rate. But if they can't understand Him like the rest of us, Its a pointless exercise B)

Thanks Biff. patterned Horse . Nice :)

And RBH, I agree with everything your Wife says :D

Edited by jubby