Crackdown On Foreign Criminals In Pattaya

webfact

Perhaps if the police put their own house and their own fellow Thai's into order rather than chasing, ''The Dreaded Farang'' these two poor innocent boys would still be alive and there would be no grieving parents.

Still as has been said there is no financial gain from picking on ones own kind.

Two Minors Murdered over Suspected Bt1,000 Robbery

Two young Thai boys have been murdered on their way home from the market in Chon-Buri on the weekend. The pair had been returning home on their motorbike when they were attacked by an unknown offender who subsequently stole approximately Bt1,000 from the children.

Chon-Buri, the 8th of August 2010: At approximately 5:30pm on Sunday, Lieutenant Colonel Phakin Theekhawong (Koh Jan Police Investigator) was notified of a double homicide at a eucalyptus farm in Koh Jan, Chon-Buri. At team of police were dispatched to the incident to investigate.

At the scene, officers discovered the deceased bodies of Master Sahakit Tontrakun [13] and his brother Master Phatthana Tontrakun [9] in a patch of bushland adjacent to a local eucalyptus farm. The boy's throats had been brutally slashed with a knife and left strewn on the ground. Initial estimates are that the boys had been dead for approximately 3 hours.

Further investigations revealed signs of a struggle, while a Honda Wave motorbike, belonging to the youngsters, was found laying on the ground approximately 15-meters from the murder scene.

Interrogations with the distressed parents of the deceased, Mr. Weera and Mrs. Sommai, revealed that the boys had been selling food for their mother at the local market and would have been on their way home at the time of the fatal attack. Mrs. Sommai revealed that they would have had approximately Bt1,000 in cash from the sale of the food, which was not found at the scene.

Both parents maintain that the offender knew the boys intended route home or had been following them prior to the attack, due to the remote location of the incident. Mr. Weera discovered the devastating murders when he went looking for the pair after they had not returned home from the market.

At present police suspect that the heinous crime was committed over the boy's resistance of an attack instigated in order to steal their money, or a possible revenge killing perpetrated against the boys close family or relatives.

Officers are now appealing to the public for any information regarding this tragic incident, while investigations into the identity and whereabouts of the offender are continuing.

Edited by siampolee

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Thai immigration are now conducting a nationwide search for "criminals". Immigration officers are currently visiting guest houses, hotels and such like with a list of names and photographs of the foreigners they most want to catch.

The people on the list range from over-stayers to murderers. So now is as good a time as any to pay a visit to Cambodia.

The Thai immigration are now conducting a nationwide search for "criminals". Immigration officers are currently visiting guest houses, hotels and such like with a list of names and photographs of the foreigners they most want to catch.

The people on the list range from over-stayers to murderers. So now is as good a time as any to pay a visit to Cambodia.

You may wonder in how far cracking down on foreign criminals is part of the Tourist Authorities Thailand campaign to woo tourists. Having caught foreign criminals is much more visible abroad than catching some local ones. Also less dangerous for the police involved ;)

Perhaps if the police put their own house and their own fellow Thai's into order rather than chasing, ''The Dreaded Farang'' these two poor innocent boys would still be alive and there would be no grieving parents.

Still as has been said there is no financial gain from picking on ones own kind.

Two Minors Murdered over Suspected Bt1,000 Robbery

Two young Thai boys have been murdered on their way home from the market in Chon-Buri on the weekend. The pair had been returning home on their motorbike when they were attacked by an unknown offender who subsequently stole approximately Bt1,000 from the children.

Chon-Buri, the 8th of August 2010: At approximately 5:30pm on Sunday, Lieutenant Colonel Phakin Theekhawong (Koh Jan Police Investigator) was notified of a double homicide at a eucalyptus farm in Koh Jan, Chon-Buri. At team of police were dispatched to the incident to investigate.

At the scene, officers discovered the deceased bodies of Master Sahakit Tontrakun [13] and his brother Master Phatthana Tontrakun [9] in a patch of bushland adjacent to a local eucalyptus farm. The boy's throats had been brutally slashed with a knife and left strewn on the ground. Initial estimates are that the boys had been dead for approximately 3 hours.

Further investigations revealed signs of a struggle, while a Honda Wave motorbike, belonging to the youngsters, was found laying on the ground approximately 15-meters from the murder scene.

Interrogations with the distressed parents of the deceased, Mr. Weera and Mrs. Sommai, revealed that the boys had been selling food for their mother at the local market and would have been on their way home at the time of the fatal attack. Mrs. Sommai revealed that they would have had approximately Bt1,000 in cash from the sale of the food, which was not found at the scene.

Both parents maintain that the offender knew the boys intended route home or had been following them prior to the attack, due to the remote location of the incident. Mr. Weera discovered the devastating murders when he went looking for the pair after they had not returned home from the market.

At present police suspect that the heinous crime was committed over the boy's resistance of an attack instigated in order to steal their money, or a possible revenge killing perpetrated against the boys close family or relatives.

Officers are now appealing to the public for any information regarding this tragic incident, while investigations into the identity and whereabouts of the offender are continuing.

Siampolee, your post hit a nerve, and I apologise in advance, but...

Yes; this is another example of an uneducated culture that expects the government to solve all its problems. In the old days, the parents and the village raised the children. Probably like everyone else who knows the people, and who read your post, one wonders:

Did the parents involve themselves with these boys?

Did dad make it a priority to know who his boys were hanging out with?

Where were these boys going; to meet these people as friends, thinking it was something else?

Was this a setup, and they were being watched?

What kind of criminal record do these boys have down at the precinct?

Will the local police let us know if they are known trouble makers and hoodlums?

What on the green Earth were a 13 and 9 year old doing driving a motorbike? That is illegal. If the stupid boys were obeying their Thai law, perhaps they would not be dead. That is the crux of the matter right there.

How many other poor innocent (incredibly stupid and reckless) boys have been bashed and smashed by cars and trucks since you typed your article?

Oh, and also, does dad know that his boy / boys are out slashing throats on a Sunday?

Why blame the police for matters involving preemptive security for our children?

Why blame the police for preventative maintenance on the upbringing and learned behavior of our children?

I will not need the police to take care of my child. I only need them to clean up the mess after I find out other children or gang members are putting the heat on them. And my boy certainly will not be riding a motorbike until he is of age, and is a proven, licensed driver.

As a father to be, I guarantee I will know who my boy will hang out with, and I guarantee my boy's friends will know who I am and what I am capable of, and how much I love my son and value his well-being.

I bet most readers think that blaming the police is as futile as praying to god for a miracle.

They say lead is toxic and it kills. I only believe that if the lead is located in the bums of the parents, and they cannot get up and out and be involved in all aspects of their own children, then toxicity levels rise.

Incidentally, it does not take a rocket scientist to know that a cut throat is a direct indicator of a hit. Thieves do not place themselves in such a position (Behind the victim while restraining the arms) so as to slash a throat unless it is a vendetta or a contract killing. "Brutally slashed"? When is a slit throat not brutal? "Suspected Bt1,000 Robbery"? That is laziness just pure and simple. To make such an unprofessional assumption so soon after a murder makes me wonder at it all. Mind-boggling, these people!

The first questions they should ask the parents are, "What were your 13 and 9 year old sons doing out riding on a motorbike? Didn't you know that it is against the law?"

Blunt? Yes! But my sorrow at this useless waste of life is buried under the anger at the utter stupidity of parents lack of concern for their own offspring, and how they let these little beasts run rampant over their backsides. And the village suffers because they cannot intervene.

And then I choke on my anger and sorrow when the press, or an individual brings up another "The Poor Little Dears" story.

All the respect in the world to you, Siampolee, but I am not buying it. Making this post relative to the OP, I will say that if even half of the Thai people obeyed their own laws, then they would have more to justifiably complain about. Cowboys cannot halt a stampede, and this is the case. Either don't be a cowboy, get the heck out of the way, or run in the same direction and be faster.

Foreign criminals CAN be stopped. The technology is there. The Internet connections are in the airwaves. All it takes is hooking up and turning people back at the borders, airports and open water. But the Thais never ask for help, do they? Because when you are perfect, you do not need any help, or you are hiding something.

This has nothing to do, though, with redefining the meaning of what it means to "parent" a child.

Edited by cup-O-coffee

The Thais pick the card deck,; they shuffle; they deal; they have all the trump cards.

The foreigner comes here for pay for play (P4P), pay for work (P4W), or Pay for Living (P4L).

The foreigner accepts the hand they are dealt.

Tip the dealer, and try not to win too much against the Thai players.

In keeping with your gambling/poker analogy, there is always another choice, which is to elect not to play.

I agree, but consider that not playing means not involving yourself with Thais at any level. That is the only way to avoid a risk. Mostly I am referring to subcontractors, retail customer service, and the like. Tried getting something fixed on your house lately? The list is long, and it takes a blind man to not notice the singling out, and sub-standard dealings with these minds when using services and products here. Not being involved in the game means not being here; or one simply does not mind paying through the nose to keep the peace in the LO$.

The true, high profit crimes that go unnoticed and ungoverned here are the rip-off retail and mom&pop businesses that take your money and give the worst service and product and warranty coverage I have ever been subjected to. That is the crime I am talking about.

There is a way, but I feel it truly takes one with extraordinary willpower and candor to handle it. It is difficult to eat steak only, when you've already tasted the gravy.

Edited by cup-O-coffee

I have no idea what "messenger" you think I am shooting. This thread is about Pattaya making an effort to eradicate criminal migrants and improving the city's image. An image which currently attracts those criminal migrants,sex tourists and other undesirables, some long term. So, we're talking problems with westerners (migrants) in Thailand not Thai's in Thailand.

I'm not even going to dignify the rest of your statements with a response.

Oh by the way...I am a westerner who calls Thailand home!

I, too, call Thailand Home. In a perfect world, and at face value I emphatically agree with your views, Mdrichard.

You seem intelligent enough that I cannot imagine that you are not aware of the Thai mentality and culture that prevents what you believe and seem to long for ever coming to pass?

Living here, it is this very mentality and culture that keeps me on my toes, and ever watchful for the "angle" or scam that will relieve me of any freedom or money that I have worked so hard to achieve. Yes; there is an element of fear, anger, and vindictiveness that I always have to keep in check through meditation and willfully exerted self-discipline.

That you cannot interpret when you are being outright singled out and cheated, taken advantage of, ignored, lied to, etc. tells me that you are either ignorant, or are simply expressing only one of your views, and leaving out the ones that might be more in agreement with the ones you oppose. Would that be so difficult for you to do and still retain your dignity?

Just curious, but I, too, would love to see the criminal element lowered to a point where sincere, honest, and hard-working people had a bit more breathing room.

Thailand is full of corruption from top to bottom of the social ladder. As such, opportunistic locals at all social levels will take advantage of opportunities which includes supporting criminal activities if it benefits them.

Pattaya has been recognized as a safe haven for criminal migrants and undesirables. Effort (at least something) is now being made to at least reduce the numbers. As those numbers are reduced so will the opportunities for the locals to benefit from criminal activities of migrants and undesirables.

So you truly believe that at the end of the day, the Thai people will embrace the good people of foreign lands and deal fairly with them? I mean, after all the undesirable foreign elements are removed, you are saying that only trustworthy and honest Thais will step forward and carry the day; and that, somehow, the corrupt Thai people will have a change of heart and only goodness will spring forth from their hearts?It sounds like a pie-in-the-sky dream to me, if, respectfully, that is what you a indicating.