Crackdown On Foreign Criminals In Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a little skeptical about all this. For example, I have been living here for years and never had to show a police report from my home country. It is clear of course. So couldn't they have contacted the FBI/Interpol with my name the first year I was here and cleared me from their list of suspects, which apparently includes ALL of us? I understand it is hard to track people here a short period of time, but I don't get the problem with people who have been living here for years. They have our addresses, for God's sake, we report in every three months. Bottom line, there is something kind of fishy about this news, there is more to it than the surface shows.

Err.....sad but ....shurely not true.

Natives in criminality in the Land of Smiles?

Same old, same old; won't hold my breath, anyways.

Huggz Y'All from ChiangMai,

Brewsta

Now if they would only get as tough with the local element :lol:

Why exactly do they need a 6 Million baht computer system to do this?

My laptop could do the same job and only costs 30.000 Bath :-)

30,000 baths? How did you carry 30,000 baths to the shop to pay for your laptop?And where did you buy 30,000 baths from?

People seem to forget that when filling in your TM card you write the address where you will be staying. Therefore if you have aguest staying with who has come from the airport it is already on the immigraation computer that they are staying in your house.

People seem to forget that when filling in your TM card you write the address where you will be staying. Therefore if you have aguest staying with who has come from the airport it is already on the immigraation computer that they are staying in your house.

I have seen those TM cards before. How many people just say XXX Hotel Bangkok on it if that?

True, IF the guest writes your address and not the address of some random hotel that is.

So if I go stay with my GF for a couple of months, fill in the TM card at the airport correctly, who has to inform the Police? My GF, or the apartment owner (who doesn't know I'm there even)?

Edited by Xircal

Why exactly do they need a 6 Million baht computer system to do this?

It was bought from Shin Computer Corp after a secret meeting with "The Boss"?

:lol:

Good question though - wonder if the price tag is for a nationwide system, or only for the one floor of the one office in Pattays? Mind you - TiT and a decent, stabilised, uninterruptable electricity supply must cost a fair few bob here.

Criminals do of course not give any information of their whereabouts on this paper. Even I put down an address I have for my first couple of days or so.

Even my address for my bank account isnt up to date, when I come to think of it.. And surely I am not the only one.

So if I go stay with my GF for a couple of months, fill in the TM card at the airport correctly, who has to inform the Police? My GF, or the apartment owner (who doesn't know I'm there even)?

Noone. It is only when you rent somewhere for a night or longer, that they take a copy of your passport, and must report to the immigration, I think.

I have not been asked for my passport during my stay when my GF is renting the place (with my money). Maybe the landlord is supposed to do so, however, that I do not know. Anyone?

<div><br></div><div>Lets hope they get good arrests. If they police keep the pressure on then the foreign gangs may begin to look elsewhere. </div><div><br></div><div>The problem is that the savvy criminals can easily get their hands on new ID, passports etc. </div><div><br></div><div>The sooner they make finger scanning mandatory, the better for everyone. Can't be long now!</div>

is there some Pattaya profile the police could use like

bar owners

big bike shop owners

people that drive cars with big sound systems

people that start drinking beer at 7am

people with tattoos on their face

etc

etc

people that wear baseball caps in reverse with the peak at the back

people that wear sunglasses indoors (you are especially guilty if you do that in Carrefour or other shopping malls)

people that wear sunglasses on the back of their head with the lens's looking backwards (indoors or out)

All bad people should be arrested & put in jail. regardless if he/she is Thai or farangs.

I certainly do agree with you and think you are awfully pretty!]

Fooled again by the fake picture.

The real poster --

post-37101-014923800 1280912965_thumb.jp

Absolutely hilarious :D

Just one question: Where did you get a picture of my girlfriend?

If the criminals are retired in Pattaya, should we not let them just be.

Its not like they are active.

I should suggest that every foreigner be permitted to stay in Pattaya for periods not longer than 30 days in a calendar year.

And how long is it going to take to scourge these undesirables out of Pattaya with this new super douper, all dancing, all singing, state of the art computer tracking system?

I will believe it when I see it. In the meantime don`t get too excited, probably won't happen in our lifetime.

post-110219-080203300 1280913975_thumb.j

post-110219-081453600 1280913983_thumb.j

Edited by Beetlejuice

How many passports does Mr. T, have these days? Isn't it 4 or 5 ? He is up for collection...

They are going to be hanging pictures of wanted Criminals all around there office I wonder if they will have Mr. Thaksin up there?:jap:

we are not responsible for collecting taxes, just for collecting foreigners......

any questions???

wouldn't want any risk of collecting tax cheats...

If the criminals are retired in Pattaya, should we not let them just be.

Its not like they are active.

I should suggest that every foreigner be permitted to stay in Pattaya for periods not longer than 30 days in a calendar year.

Yep, lets kick all farangs out of Patts. What a good idea.