Crackdown On Foreign Criminals In Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great thing... But once again, The Thai Government is allways too late!! They should of started this 10 years ago! I too hope that it works and I also hope that it spreads to all the Country!

It really gives us good people a bad name!!

:angry: NEED SUIT BOSS!:D

They'll be rounding up those $&$@$! tailors then. Good.

Why exactly do they need a 6 Million baht computer system to do this?

My laptop could do the same job and only costs 30.000 Bath :-)

30,000 baths? How did you carry 30,000 baths to the shop to pay for your laptop?And where did you buy 30,000 baths from?

In a few big trucks dummy

Why Not In whole Thailand? I know many scum comes from abroad. Thailand is a good place for people, who do sneeky things. I see in Khosamui people from Roemainia and Russia doing there things, because Thailand is a good place to do. Why???? When you know the answer, you having a good start for a Crackdown On Foreign Criminals. Most criminals, brings good (bad) money to Thailand, but Thailand does not know where the money comes from. I'm worry about the intension of Thailand, because Thailand loves money too much. And to maney Thai, closes their eyes for money. They do not care about the land of smiles. One TIP!!!! There maney information avalable of wanted persons. Use this information at survanabum. And you'll tackel 50% of the Problem. Jordan van der Sloot was able to hide in Thailand easly. !!!!!!! Criminals find Criminals easy, in Thailand.

I tend to agree with the earlier post about doing this at the airport / borders. Not only stops them from going to Pattaya but the whole country. One might also think that it would cut down on potential corruptive issues?

Example: Tourist A) clears through Thai immigration = no need to check them again when they check into their hotel / apartment / boat etc.

Seems a bit bass akward to me to do it once they have already entered the country.

but if they can not enter the country then how can they pay the "supposed bribes " to those who can grant their freedom?

hotels get a booking paid minus the quest, everyone is a winner.

So if I go stay with my GF for a couple of months, fill in the TM card at the airport correctly, who has to inform the Police? My GF, or the apartment owner (who doesn't know I'm there even)?

Noone. It is only when you rent somewhere for a night or longer, that they take a copy of your passport, and must report to the immigration, I think.

I have not been asked for my passport during my stay when my GF is renting the place (with my money). Maybe the landlord is supposed to do so, however, that I do not know. Anyone?

Its the landlords responsibility to inform Imm of foreigners staying at his property.

Zip ties do cost a LOT in Thailand. As well as cost over runs like import taxes on the PC.

they catch a virus every week, because the staff will download stupid virus affected games,so the 6 Million Baht will last for two, three years, paying for all the backups

Guess all the Al Capone's will be moving from Pattaya...wonder what other Thai city they'll pick to settle down in and start a business in....guess it will depend on the BOI incentives offered.

Nice plans as always, but I can't hear of these 'crackdowns' anymore when they

A. only aim at farangs (to be noted: NOT blacks because the police fears them and NOT Thais because they pay the police off, are related or otherwise linked to them and generally, Thais are always better than farangs anyway) and

B. are fruitless because of the rampant bribery and corruption in this country, and especially so in this city.

Edited by pepi2005

is there some Pattaya profile the police could use like

bar owners

big bike shop owners

people that drive cars with big sound systems

people that start drinking beer at 7am

people with tattoos on their face

etc

etc

people that wear baseball caps in reverse with the peak at the back

people that wear sunglasses indoors (you are especially guilty if you do that in Carrefour or other shopping malls)

people that wear sunglasses on the back of their head with the lens's looking backwards (indoors or out)

people who wear two golden Rolex watches on each wrist. One showing Moscov time, the other Pattaya time

Last time I was visiting friends in Pattaya a visit to walking street is one of the must do things.

I wonder, all those people speaking one of those Eastern-Europe languages, are they all, ehhhhhh.

Or.........

Haha yes, 12 people.......everyone a work station @ THB 30,000 makes THB 360,000

a heavy server of THB 100,000

a fast intranet-connection to the main-computer in BKK

and some other facilities..........

maybe THB 500,000 all together.

So, the first THB 5,5 mln already is in someones pocket.

Good project.

You have forgotten the IT Consultants that set the whole thing up, both Applications and Infrastructure

who's going to clean all the farang police from the street is probably a better question.... 1 year ago there was one or 2...now there's no less than 10 on any given night...power tripping and asking working girls for id etc... really...does there need to be 10-15 cops on walking street?

• Like 1

My laptop could do the same job and only costs 30.000 Bath :-)

30,000 baths? How did you carry 30,000 baths to the shop to pay for your laptop?And where did you buy 30,000 baths from?

In a few big trucks dummy

Where did you buy your 30,000 baths? Did you test them prior to "exchanging" them for your laptop? Did they hold water?

They will get rid of foreign criminals and all the Thai mafia will be happy with no competition. I feel it's gonna make it worse for everyone if they only worry about foreigners. Competition is always good for everyone, even competition among criminals.

• Like 2

They will get rid of foreign criminals and all the Thai mafia will be happy with no competition. I feel it's gonna make it worse for everyone if they only worry about foreigners. Competition is always good for everyone, even competition among criminals.

You make a very interesting point.

Those that are calling for the local Thai crack down - haven't you noticed the significant increase in drug arrests and general police clampdown since the new chief of police was instated a few months ago, I certaintly have, looks like they are heading the right direction with all of this, lets hope it continues with impunity

I wonder how does one report a guest? Go to immigration and fill out a form? Is it available online? Can one just call it in? If a farang reports a guest will they give him/her any problem? Any info guys?

As I understand it, every guest house or hotel must register their guests and fill out certain info, including passport number etc. This is routinely collected by the police or provided to them by the GH owners. This is not about those situations where someone does something wrong in the GH or even in Thailand. All that the police want to do is to track down folks who have done something wrong in another country and for whom an international warrant is provided. By making GHs report all guests registered, this makes it easier to track down folks wanted in other countries.

In the past, such wanted persons "disappeared" simply by staying in GHs where they knew that no one was registering them because the GH did not want to pay tax. If they wanted to stay under the radar, the stayed out of trouble. Some even went so far as to befriend some police officers. All of this is now becoming either more difficult, almost impossible. Now the police are saying that GHs must register and that it is not the job of the police to provide info to the tax authorities.

Yea, but a comp designed for the "mentally challenged" is far more expensive

You would take this opportunity to call Thai people stupid. Don't you have anything better to do than act superior to the people of Thailand, or do you just have a well-deserved inferiority complex?

BTW, for those who criticize the cost of this system. It is not like buying a laptop. This is a system. There is probably a battery of PCs plus a large server, plus rather expensive database software, plus the cost of gathering the international criminal data, plus the cost of training the users. I think what they are paying is rather inexpensive. I've spent more than that in a week on a database system at a large corporation.

• Like 1

They are going to be hanging pictures of wanted Criminals all around there office I wonder if they will have Mr. Thaksin up there?:jap:

we are not responsible for collecting taxes, just for collecting foreigners......

any questions???

Yeah. Isn't  Thaksin a Montenegro citizen now? Or Venezuelan? Or Zambian?  :D

I TELL YOU WHAT.... THIS IS A NOTHER SHIT STORY, WHY NOT CRACK DOWN ON THE CROOKED POLICE IN PATTAYA THAT COME TO MY BAR EVERY MONTH AND EXTORT MONEY FROM ME!!!

THIS IS WHO YOU HAVE TO CRACK DOWN ON!!!!!!!!:realangry::ph34r:

Nope, can't do that, as it would reduce their benefits package.