bar owners

big bike shop owners

people that drive cars with big sound systems

people that start drinking beer at 7am

people with tattoos on their face

etc

etc

people that wear baseball caps in reverse with the peak at the back

people that wear sunglasses indoors (you are especially guilty if you do that in Carrefour or other shopping malls)

people that wear sunglasses on the back of their head with the lens's looking backwards (indoors or out)

people that walk around town bare chested                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 people that wear socks and sandals                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 people still drinking beer at 7 a.m.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    people using Eau de Grimsby aftershave                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure they say something like this every year.

EDIT: I've seen their computer system. It's a website with a poorly built data base. $1000 USD tops.

Edited by Tokay

No cabin crew on incoming flights are concerned with what 'residence' detail you write, so very hard to police?

I have seen The Hotel 'F'Elay C. O.'; Bangkok on one TM card. :o)

Brewstsa is back from Arabia

People seem to forget that when filling in your TM card you write the address where you will be staying. Therefore if you have aguest staying with who has come from the airport it is already on the immigraation computer that they are staying in your house.

True, IF the guest writes your address and not the address of some random hotel that is.

they'll just get their visas somewhere else.

[/quote

You have a good point there. They should not have to many problems doing that provided where they go has not decided to crack down on them. Contrary to what some posters would have us believe the computer system is Thailand wide. At the moment Pattaya has decided to use it. As to how long well that is another thread.B)

Criminals both foreign and internal, prostitution, pedophiles, scams and drugs do not exist in Pattaya. Pattaya is a family fiendly place and this scam has been forced down the throats of tourists for years. If you want to go to hel_l why waste your life and wait to die, Pattaya is waiting with open arms.

People seem to forget that when filling in your TM card you write the address where you will be staying. Therefore if you have aguest staying with who has come from the airport it is already on the immigraation computer that they are staying in your house.

I have seen those TM cards before. How many people just say XXX Hotel Bangkok on it if that?

My first time ever to Thailand they asked me that and I had no idea so they showed me a list to pick from. Not sure but I think all it said was sukomhvit. I went out side where my buddy met me and took me to a place he had booked for me.

I TELL YOU WHAT.... THIS IS A NOTHER SHIT STORY, WHY NOT CRACK DOWN ON THE CROOKED POLICE IN PATTAYA THAT COME TO MY BAR EVERY MONTH AND EXTORT MONEY FROM ME!!!

THIS IS WHO YOU HAVE TO CRACK DOWN ON!!!!!!!!:realangry::ph34r:

Very true.

To make this a success they need to filter out all the dregs including those of official status that believe they are above the law. Quite right, I would start on them first, the source of the problem. Otherwise this will just be turned into another lucritive business for those in authority. The foreign undesirables will just buy they`re way out of trouble and nothing will change. This new system just means that the police will be able to find more law breakers much quicker and easier, gaining more people for payoffs caught up in the police net.

The whole world knows how the police operate in Thailand and I think this new crackdown is failing to convince anybody. The police will need to work hard to redeem themselves and earn credibility from the rest of the world and in Thailand by producing real proven results.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Those that are calling for the local Thai crack down - haven't you noticed the significant increase in drug arrests and general police clampdown since the new chief of police was instated a few months ago, I certaintly have, looks like they are heading the right direction with all of this, lets hope it continues with impunity

Well said

Yes Thailand is moving forward in spite of the detractors. Did you ever wonder why they are that way maybe they are copaphobic. And to deny cops of any honesty makes them feel more secure. Most of them are operating on a limited capacity any way they make it sound like Thailand is the only country that has corruption. They really should get out more often.

I reckon most of the shameless Pattaya bashing on this board comes from people who have either never been to Pattaya or haven't been here in a very long time (or have come here and never ventured further than the sin sois). It is a great place to live, a great place for a holiday, a great place to retire. All kinds live here. It could be better. What place can't? Next ...

I reckon most of the shameless Pattaya bashing on this board comes from people who have either never been to Pattaya or haven't been here in a very long time (or have come here and never ventured further than the sin sois). It is a great place to live, a great place for a holiday, a great place to retire. All kinds live here. It could be better. What place can't? Next ...

You can say that but you must admit it is known for what it is around the world. I live in Chiangmai and went there for a weeks holiday my family and I fled after 1 day.

Why exactly do they need a 6 Million baht computer system to do this?

You stole my thunder but glad you did. Can you appreciate the amount of IT resources you can acquire for 6 mil? Somebody's bank account must have grown exponentially on that transaction and not for selling PCs....... for selling a signature.

One post deleted, please see the following rule:

30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

It is a step in the right direction. The unit that is leading this effort has the task of dealing with criminals from foreign origins. They are not there to find Mr. Thaksin or to deal with police corruption anymore than the immigration authorities in Australia, the USA, EU etc. are responsible for dealing with local criminals. Be fair. Pattaya is synonymous with debauchery, child exploitation and the palce to hide out out if one is on the lam. Decent people that reside in Pattaya suffer because of that well deserved reputation. Now that someone is finally acting to deal with a situation that has caused serious problems for Thailand, the naysayers come out of the woodwork. Give the authorities a chance. If they can get even a few scum off the street, it will make living in Pattaya a lot easier for those people that are honest and decent.

So much low hanging fruit that the authorities need only id patrons in a few of the more disgusting of the bars and I'm sure they'll identify people that are on the sex crime registeries of their homelands or that have criminal dossiers. I am looking forward to the pictures in the PDN. whistling.gif

• Like 2

I wonder how many falangs are reading this and waiting for a knock on the door, I would guess that many bar owners and business owners here got their money through very suspect means, must admit I hope they are all caught and sent home

Would not it be easier to get all the corrupt police officers??? In that case it will be much more difficult for the criminals to get on with their businesses.

Unless that would mean there is no more police at all....

• Like 1

If you have a guest in your own home that you own, then how do you report a foreign guest?

It was easy for me in Kanchanaburi.

1. Ask a hotel near you for the form.

2. Make some copies as you wish.

3. Fill out the form and then ask the same hotel to add it to their list.

-4 I did ask me hotel near me and they told me to 'Sod Off' as my guest was staying in me house.

4. I did get one however from the "Jolly Frog" in Kan, nice folks they are and it was sent.

Sawdee :wai:

I hope they get them all and send them back where they come from. I really don't think that will hurt Pattaya's main business that much. It is already taking a beating.

They are going to be hanging pictures of wanted Criminals all around there office I wonder if they will have Mr. Thaksin up there?:jap:

They are talking about..... FOREIGNERS !

main idea of it is good. However we all know how it everything implementing on real life. This is a new office, who starting from 'collecting farangs'. 8-O

What will happen if their system will not work and them just not will find criminals (also after such announcing, criminals just can go another province to extend their visas). Is this guys can start to make innocent peoples(farangs) criminals (for any actions like overstay, that what hotel not registered you in their database, etc) just to show the successfull statistic?

Also last situation with russian pianist show me one thing - what if anything happen in thailand with farang/not rich people - it can be very hard, near not possibly to prove what him is innocent.

Edited by leoalex