Thai King Permits Queensland, Australia, To Use His Artificial Rainmaking Technology

webfact

How safe are the chemicals used to make the rain?

Would consuming the artificial rain have any detrimental effects on health?

Are they using silver iodide? If so: "Under the guidelines of the Clean Water Act by the EPA, silver iodide is considered a hazardous substance, a priority pollutant, and as a toxic pollutant. Chronic Exposure/Target Organs: Chronic ingestion of iodides may produce "iodism", which may be manifested by skin rash, running nose, headache and irritation of the mucous membranes. Weakness, anemia, loss of weight and general depression may also occur. Chronic inhalation or ingestion may cause argyria characterized by blue-gray discoloration of the eyes, skin and mucous membranes. Chronic skin contact may cause permanent discoloration of the skin." (From Wikipedia).

Are you trying to make my King looks bad?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they using silver iodide? If so: "Under the guidelines of the Clean Water Act by the EPA, silver iodide is considered a hazardous substance, a priority pollutant, and as a toxic pollutant. Chronic Exposure/Target Organs: Chronic ingestion of iodides may produce "iodism", which may be manifested by skin rash, running nose, headache and irritation of the mucous membranes. Weakness, anemia, loss of weight and general depression may also occur. Chronic inhalation or ingestion may cause argyria characterized by blue-gray discoloration of the eyes, skin and mucous membranes. Chronic skin contact may cause permanent discoloration of the skin." (From Wikipedia).

Easy there, cowgirl, just stating the facts. Nobody is being made to look bad or good. You can put your head back in the sand now.

No. I just posted a summary about the findings of silver iodide and cloud seeding...information that has been around for several decades.

Are you saying that scientists outside of Thailand are making things up to make the king look bad?

If someone said to you that they were going to pour silver iodide into your drinking water, would you just say, "Oh, good!", or would you wonder if it was safe?

Did you ever wonder if cloud seeding was always effective, sometimes effective, or never effective?

Did you ever wonder if cloud seeding was safe or potentially hazardous to health?

Did you ever wonder if cloud seeding is always a good idea, sometimes a good idea when you balance all the factors, or never a good idea?

Considering that there is only a finite amount of moisture in the atmosphere, did you ever wonder if you make it rain over Issan, does that cause worsening droughts in Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, or Burma, or don't you care?

Do you ever ask such important questions before you type?

Edited by phetaroi

"Our King makes rain.; Let's get it right. Our King is at the forefront of research into weather modification, and has even received a patent on one of his innovations". I support this statement too. I do not care if the Australian do or not.

HM the king cares, he knows the pains people are going through, aiding and support for the world and neighbouring countries in times of need. Vice verser, the world and neighbouring countries respond when Thailand in need for support and aid. After-mat of the Burma cyclone Hagis, millions of Thai donated aid to support the need of the suffering people there,this is great, they're Thais and they care...do you ?

You seem a very confused person. Science and charity are universal values, not something for nationalistic point scoring.

Burma junta actually rejected aid and support, "just let them stave and die..." so much for universal values and nationalistic point scoring...or are they as clear minded as you are...

You seem a very confused person. Science and charity are universal values, not something for nationalistic point scoring.

Burma junta actually rejected aid and support, "just let them stave and die..." so much for universal values and nationalistic point scoring...or are they as clear minded as you are...

edwardandtubs is absolutely correct...you are a very, very, very confused person.

WHAT REALLY HAPPENED!

I talked directly with a Queensland government spokesperson, and here is what they said:

About 2006, while Queensland was in severe drought, the previous Premier wrote to a number of

countries who were known to be conducting cloud seeding (rainmaking) programs, including China, USA,

Russia, Israel, India and Thailand. All of these countries replied to the Queensland government,

except for one: Thailand.

From 2006 until 2009, the government studied options for cloud seeding programs, taking

into account information obtained from

overseas experience. In some of the above countries cloud seeding has been successful,

but one observation is that it tends to work better in heavily polluted airsheds, and

Queensland's air is generally very clean, making cloudseeding a less attractive option there.

As the result of a recent visit to Queensland of a Thai delegation, the Queensland government

finally received an official reply to the original request (now almost 4 years old), giving

permission to use Thai cloud seeding technology, however the Queensland government had already

decided not use such technology. The reasons for not using this technology include the

clean-air issue mentioned above, the construction of a desalination plant, and the lack

of cost-effectiveness of a cloud-seeding program (i.e. it is cheaper to get water other ways).

There is also a worry that use of certain chemicals in cloud-seeding can be harmful to

the environment.

The reports that Queensland is going to use Thai rainmaking technology, or that there is

a cooperative program in place are false.

It should also be noted that the technology described in above posts has not been patented in Australia (only

in Europe etc) so no permission is needed for it to be used there. However, as Australians are such polite people

they would of course ask for permission out of a matter of courtesy.

WHAT REALLY HAPPENED!

I talked directly with a Queensland government spokesperson, and here is what they said:

About 2006, while Queensland was in severe drought, the previous Premier wrote to a number of

countries who were known to be conducting cloud seeding (rainmaking) programs, including China, USA,

Russia, Israel, India and Thailand. All of these countries replied to the Queensland government,

From 2006 until 2009, the government studied options for cloud seeding programs, taking

overseas experience. In some of the above countries cloud seeding has been successful,

but one observation is that it tends to work better in heavily polluted airsheds, and

Queensland's air is generally very clean, making cloudseeding a less attractive option there.

As the result of a recent visit to Queensland of a Thai delegation, the Queensland government

finally received an official reply to the original request (now almost 4 years old), giving

permission to use Thai cloud seeding technology, however the Queensland government had already

decided not use such technology. The reasons for not using this technology include the

clean-air issue mentioned above, the construction of a desalination plant, and the lack

of cost-effectiveness of a cloud-seeding program (i.e. it is cheaper to get water other ways).

There is also a worry that use of certain chemicals in cloud-seeding can be harmful to

the environment.

The reports that Queensland is going to use Thai rainmaking technology, or that there is

It should also be noted that the technology described in above posts has not been patented in Australia (only

in Europe etc) so no permission is needed for it to be used there. However, as Australians are such polite people

Very interesting, thank you. Maybe the publisher of the original article could be presented with a copy of this.

WHAT REALLY HAPPENED!

the environment.

Very interesting, thank you. Maybe the publisher of the original article could be presented with a copy of this.

Very interesting indeed. Good detective work naiharn! Sounds about right.

A Tale of Lawnmowers

Once upon a time there was a man named Bluey.

Bluey had 6 neighbours named Haowan, Rusty, Igor, Yitzhak, Mahatma and Somchai.

One day Bluey got tired of cutting his grass with scissors and sent a note

to each of his neighbours asking whether he could try out their lawnmower.

Haowan, Rusty, Igor, Yitzhak and Mahatma each lent their lawn mower to Bluey and he

tried out these lawnmowers.

However he didn't get a reply from Somchai.

After much investigation, Bluey decided that lawnmowers were not suitable

for his grass, so decided to buy a cow to eat his grass instead.

Several years later he ran into Somchai, and Somchai asked him whether he

still wanted his lawnmower. Bluey said 'no thanks, I've gone right off

lawnmowers: I'm happy with my cow!'.

The very next day Somchai put up a big sign in front his house:

"Bluey is using my lawnmower! I have let him use it.

My lawnmower is the best, no-one has a lawnmower

as good as mine, and what's more, no-one thought

of a lawnmower before I did!"

He then put an ad in the local newspaper saying the same thing.

Bluey just shrugged: "That's Somchai you!"

"The reports that Queensland is going to use Thai rainmaking technology, or that there is a cooperative program in place are false." naiharn. . . . . You are trying to say that Thai people are telling lie. A simple question to you. Why do we call our king, "the King of Kings"? Have you even wonder? This is because he is the greatest person on this planet. And we all Thai mean it. Please do not insult our king again. Thank you very much. http://www.irrawaddy.org/opinion_story.php?art_id=5858

"The reports that Queensland is going to use Thai rainmaking technology, or that there is a cooperative program in place are false." naiharn. . . . . You are trying to say that Thai people are telling lie. A simple question to you. Why do we call our king, "the King of Kings"? Have you even wonder? This is because he is the greatest person on this planet. And we all Thai mean it. Please do not insult our king again. Thank you very much. http://www.irrawaddy...php?art_id=5858

In Naiharn's defence, he has not insulted The King or the Royal Family, but simply pointed out the facts of the case. He makes no reference to the King. l

Edited by sbk
no urls