Stickman Vs. Korat

buadhai

Boy, the Stick sure went on an anti-Korat tirade this week. I wonder what's bugging him?

Anyone else notice that his columns have grown increasingly negative and, quite frankly, no fun to read anymore? He was always a bit over the top with the bar scene, but now it's just plain boring.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boy, the Stick sure went on an anti-Korat tirade this week. I wonder what's bugging him? <snip>

Mrs Stick comes from Korat, and I think the regular travel there and back is grinding him down a bit.

Its the same with me and going to Surin all the time. 3 or 4 times a year can be fun, but in the last year I have clocked up over 60,000km driving there and back. Add to that the cost of maintenance on the vehicle and fuel, I am tired of going to Issan as well.

Stick does a good job, he tells us what's going on every week without fail and he doesn't charge one satang.

Regarding his views on Khorat City I just think he is fed up of having very little to do there. I mean it ain't the most exciting place for a falang to live.

What is wrong with Korat?

I am visiting this city since 1977 and now I am living there permanently.

There is more in the world than the bar scene :o

Unfortunately I think most of the expats in Thailand would disagree with you.

what is his website? on stickmanbangkok, all I find is articles from 2003. He once said he hated Bangkok then he moved there. He said he would never get married. However, Ton from the Eden Club is a good recommendation.

<snip>There is more in the world than the bar scene :D

I think Stickman was complaining of no Starbucks in Korat as well.

Maybe no Starbucks but plenty of good coffee places in the Mall, Tesco, Big C etc... :o

Stick does a good job, he tells us what's going on every week without fail and he doesn't charge one satang.Regarding his views on Khorat City I just think he is fed up of having very little to do there. I mean it ain't the most exciting place for a falang to live.

Multiply the banner ads on all of the site by $100 a month. Duh!

It's nothing more than a Kiwi teacher's diary. :o

Stick does a good job, he tells us what's going on every week without fail and he doesn't charge one satang.

Regarding his views on Khorat City I just think he is fed up of having very little to do there. I mean it ain't the most exciting place for a falang to live.

:o Stick does a good job!!! :D

Edited by daleyboy

Boy, the Stick sure went on an anti-Korat tirade this week. I wonder what's bugging him?

Anyone else notice that his columns have grown increasingly negative and, quite frankly, no fun to read anymore? He was always a bit over the top with the bar scene, but now it's just plain boring.

Ooops. There I am, wrong again.

I guess I should just shut up.

I don't know Mike, but I think maybe we better meet up at the Pasinee today for a discussion on what to do about this "sad state of affairs". I just don't know what we're going to do about it, but things are getting serious. :o

Some of the things he says are spot on though:

"Unless you have a specific reason to be there, there really is not that much to get excited about"

"What about the farangs in Korat? I can't say I know that many, but I do know a few. They can largely be put into two groups - teachers and alcoholics"

Where i live it's slighly different.They are divided into alcoholics and religious zealots riding bikes and wearing "men in black uniforms"

I've read the article now and I don't see what's so bad. I understand how he doesn't like chilling by himself and someone comes up to him begging, hustling or asking the only question they know in English, "where you come from?"

I can live without Starbucks. Matter of fact, I've never had it!

I've been in Phayao for two months. I am like one of five farangs and I have never met them. For the first time I am offended at the word farang. And some old ladies are not really nice. When I speak Thai, they are amazed at my ability instead of paying attention to what I am saying. So when they ask me "Phayao sanuk?" I tell them how I prefer Chiang Rai. The truth can hurt.

What is wrong with Korat?

I am visiting this city since 1977 and now I am living there permanently.

There is more in the world than the bar scene :D

Howdy dutch,

I am with you on this.Korat is a great city for me because it does not have all of the crazy bar crap that so many farang are into.If I need something that I can not get upcountry, Korat will usally have it.I personely do not care for city life.Therfore I find Issan to be a great place to live.If farangs would just talk and hangout with more Thai people instead of trying to turn there little bit of Thailand into farang land they might find out that Issan is a fantastic place to live.If not please stay in the bar away from Issan.We love it here.As far as stickman is concerned,I enjoy reading his writtings and the site in general it is entertaining.

Lovekindness to All, :o

Stick is a c*ck. Simple as that! When his wife asked him in a recent post why he ever left NZ he said "I dunno really" The fact is that he left NZ to engage in the nightlife and screw working girls.What a tosser. If he was honest about things I could understand.Now he is very happy with his "middle class lady from Issan"

Toss is too nice a word....

I also lived in Korat for several months and really enjoyed life there! I came back to the States just long enough to earn enough money so I can can buy a house there. The night life in Korat can be just as much fun if not more than Pattaya or Bangkok...Just depends on what you're idea of fun is and you know where to go.

I also lived in Korat for several months and really enjoyed life there! I came back to the States just long enough to earn enough money so I can can buy a house there. The night life in Korat can be just as much fun if not more than Pattaya or Bangkok...Just depends on what you're idea of fun is and you know where to go.

It's a pity that Stick can't understand that! :o

I am a little bit offended by the statement of Aletta ( who btw did not answer my question :D )

As`I said , there quite some foreigners in Korat with almost zero interest in internet.

I had a small chat with a american ( 71 years) who lived now for 11 years in Korat.He never heard of Thaivisa ,although he is regular on the internet.

Of course I gave him the website and hope he found his way now :D .

There are more like him and that was my point.

We are not all eithet teachers or alkies :o