buadhai

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some of the things he says are spot on though:

"Unless you have a specific reason to be there, there really is not that much to get excited about"

"What about the farangs in Korat?  I can't say I know that many, but I do know a few.  They can largely be put into two groups - teachers and alcoholics"

Where i live it's slighly different.They are divided into alcoholics and religious zealots riding bikes and wearing "men in black uniforms"

And that makes you...the "zealot" or.... :o

post-171-1120956807.gif

It seems, by the remarkably lowered standard of eloquence in the responses by many posters on this thread, but not all posters of ourse, that many are quite stickmanites...

It seems, by the remarkably lowered standard of eloquence in the responses by many posters on this thread, but not all posters of ourse, that many are quite stickmanites...

Well Sticky, I mean Stickman did say the Pasinee was nice and to that I must agree...as far as the rest of the opinions...well.post-171-1120962100.gif

Read a recent posting on his site about his trip to NZ, and it did seem that afterwards Thai-fatigue started showing. Remarks about how good NZ was etc showed some <deleted> am I doing in Thailand thoughts?

You're probably right.

I was just irritated at the sloppy journalism exhibited by his Korat diatribe. Geeze, he made it sound like central Korat was awash with beggars, whores and drunken farang. My GF's parents have a shop not far from the Monument and I'm in that area six days a week and frequently walk in and around the park there. I've never been accosted by a prostitute or a beggar and I've never seen a staggering foreigner wielding a half empty tin of beer.

Many of his other comments seemed to be equally fabricated out of whole cloth or based on faulty observation.

I wrote to him about this and his only response was to criticize my taste in coffee. (I happen to like Coffee World at The Mall.)

Stick does a good job, he tells us what's going on every week without fail and he doesn't charge one satang.Regarding his views on Khorat City I just think he is fed up of having very little to do there. I mean it ain't the most exciting place for a falang to live.

Multiply the banner ads on all of the site by $100 a month. Duh!

It's nothing more than a Kiwi teacher's diary. :D

Like I said........he doesn't charge one satang..................Duh ! ! !

:D:D:o

On what do you base this statement?
dutch,i now live in Nong Khai and my comments were about this part of Nong Khai Province. :o
And that makes you...the "zealot" or....

Hi ken.I'm not particularly religious,but i don't drink and there's nothing worse than a loud piss head when your stone cold sober. :D

[
And that makes you...the "zealot" or....

Hi ken.I'm not particularly religious,but i don't drink and there's nothing worse than a loud piss head when your stone cold sober. :o

No problem, you "don't drink". Up to you. But my comment was in reference to your statement about "Sticky" being spot on concerning "only alcoholics and teachers" in Korat. And you said there are only "zealots and alkies" where you live so if you are not an alkie then by default I would have had to surmise that you would have to be one or the other, a "zealot" or an "alcoholic". My mistake. :D

Edited by Ken

Sorry if i caused a little confusion.Korat has many,many more farang than Nong Khai and many are sober atheists. :o

Here in Nong Khai the local farang population is small and likes a drink or two.The missionaries ride bikes and wear black shoes,black socks,long black trousers,white shirts,black ties and black shades and slick their hair back.

Edited by aletta

Here in Nong Khai the local farang population is small and likes a drink or two.The missionaries ride bikes and wear black shoes,black socks,long black trousers,white shirts,black ties and black shades and slick their hair back.

Sounds like there's a serious Alien problem in Nong Khai with the number of MIB there.

I don't agree with a lot of what he says, but I think it's an interesting read. What I do find amusing is how some people get so wound up by what he writes.

He definatley has become a bit jaded.

But.....

Obviously some of the truths are too close to home for some to handle. Some of the stuff he says about Bar girls is spot on, and it seems that most of those who get wound up by him are those heavily involved with the bar scene or a prostitute.

Yeah stick came over and goosed whores, but like most of us he realised he was being taken for a <deleted>. Some of you loosers have been here twice as long as him and still havn't worked out that you shag hookers (using Johnny's) pay them and leave. Not parade around the streets as if proud of your prostitute girlfriend.

I'm gonna get abuse for this, but anyone who has a relationship with a prostitute must be eigher, A - Mad, B - Sad, C - Desperate.

It may take a year or two for some to realise this, and thats cos of the culture differences, but after a year or two anyone with a whore girlfriend is an idiot in my eyes. :o

Can't imagine living in Korat.  1 - 2 days OK, 1 week max. Been there, done that, next.

I suppose if you're the sort of person who gets bored easily and needs to be constantly entertained then Korat is not for you.

I happen to enjoy living here and find the amenities the city has to offer quite enough to keep me busy and supply me with the few things I need to goof off all day.

YMMV

Can't imagine living in Korat. 1 - 2 days OK, 1 week max. Been there, done that, next.

Howdy Khun Larry,

I do not care to much for city life.But I do like Korat as a city.BK I can live without.I guess you find it diffucult to understand how someone could enjoy living upcountry,and only coming to Korat when they need something that only a city can provide.I could never even come close to explaining how enjoyable it is to live in a small mooban.All people are different.That is what makes our lives so beautiful.

And buadhai,I'm with ya on Korat it is a great city.Has everything that I need and then some.

Lovekindness to all, :o

Edited by blue eyes

Sounds like there's a serious Alien problem in Nong Khai with the number of MIB there.

They make great bull-bar ornaments :o

Stickman's advertisers must love the number of page views his garbage generates.Controversial writing send people to his site and puts money in the bank.He's not daft and he's got a "middle class" wife to boot. :o

Edited by aletta

Stick seems to be a little jaded.Not a rosy picture he paints.

I don't normally like Stickman's articles, but I thought the one on Korat was not that far out. He obviously knows Korat and is entitled to his opinion. In this case I think that his opinion was fair. I do not agree but I see his point. The teacher alcoholic bit I'm still trying to get my head around. I'm not a teacher so I must be pissed.

I did live in BKK for only 6 months. I liked it, but only for two or three days. I like Korat, it is a large city yet it is not impersonal like Bangkok and not a tourist venue like Pattaya.

If you want to buy something you can normally find it, or you can find away round it.

I wish I had found Korat sooner.

Don't forget that there is a large-ish group of farangs in Korat for one particular reason: Muay Thai training. It is one of the better centres for learning kickboxing, and I have a couple of farang friends in Kolat doing just that. So let's o with Teachers, alcoholics and then Fighters.

don't mince your words, get to the point

:D

Yeah , dont hold back , tell us how you really feel :D

One must assume that at some point previous he was taken for a <deleted> :D:D:D

Correct! :o:D:D

The phrase, poacher turned gamekeeper comes to mind .....

The phrase taken for a ride might be apt! :D !

Then maybe I am being unfair.......:D