Apartment Near The Beach

LaReina

Hi, I am looking for an apartment to rent close to a beach anywhere in thailand. I really do not want to stay in a resort.

Something Low-key? Just don't want a big resort or 5 star hotel - not our idea of a holiday. We will be staying a week. At the same time would like to be able to mingle with locals.

We have stayed at Koh Chang and Koh Samed but in hotels and we did not feel like we were able to meet people (that were not all bar bound).

Any ideas?

Hi, I am looking for an apartment to rent close to a beach anywhere in thailand.  I really do not want to stay in a resort.

Something Low-key?  Just don't want a big resort or 5 star hotel - not our idea of a holiday.  We will be staying a week.  At the same time would like to be able to mingle with locals.

We have stayed at Koh Chang and Koh Samed but in hotels and we did not feel like we were able to meet people (that were not all bar bound).

Any ideas?

Maybe if you posted this in the Thailand travel forum instead of the Bangkok forum you might get a better response :o

sorry but if you couldn't meet people in ko chang or ko samet then you won't have luck anywhere. those are the easiest places to meet people in all of thailand! did you try talking to locals?

i personally plan to move to either ko chang or the quieter side of ko phangan. both are very liveable, with enough conveniences for foreigners but not too crazy.

You might check out a place where I live called Bangsaen. It's about 100km South of Bangkok, 45KM north of Pattaya. There are apartments for rent on the beach road. A very low key place. No bars (pattaya style). I've lived there since 1998, just built a house there. ttp://www.thaivisa.com/gallery/Our-Son-Mitchell

Good luck,

Bob

i like Bangsaen , they have few nice seafood restaurant there , once got some very nice oyster.

funny thing they serve it with some herbs , if you eat this herb alone it is so bitter , but so sweet with oyster .

The crab there ( poo Mha ) good too .

Bangsaen bob what is the chance for hotel who accept me with a ten kilo dog ?

once i look for bungalow around, but the welcome was not so good and around 1500 baht a night ! hummm ?