Us State Department Issues New Warning

Jimi007

This message alerts U.S. citizens traveling to or residing in Thailand that media reports indicate there is a possibility of bomb attacks against certain Royal Thai Government facilities and unnamed foreign embassies on Wireless Road. This information has not been verified.

Nevertheless, holidays like those coming up next week have at times been exploited by violent elements within Thailand to conduct disruptive operations such as bombings. Consequently, U.S. citizens should exercise caution during the next week's long holiday weekend.

U.S. citizens are reminded that although the level of violence in Bangkok has subsided since the end of the May 2010 protests, the potential for random acts of politically-motivated violence remains as demonstrated by the recent bombings on July 25 and July 30. U.S. citizens are encouraged to maintain a heightened awareness when out in public, be alert for unattended packages/bags in public/crowded places and report any suspicious behavior to the nearest law enforcement personnel.

Edited by Jimi007

But Abhist says everything is "back to normal". lol

Abhisit is a young tool of the Army. Military repression is not what i would call reconciliation, such as placing a Army Division in the middle of Issan, which will only provoke more violence. Force begets force. It is a good call by the USA and Australia.

be alert for unattended packages/bags in public/crowded places and report any suspicious behavior to the nearest law enforcement personnel.

there are millions of unattened bin bags ect scattered all over Bangkok

Also no point in telling a police officer, he wouldnt be interested....

Where did the OPget this arcticle from? Did he write it himself?

Are you a US citizen? If you are and you sign up with the US Embassy and or US State Department you would receive Warden Notices from them as I do. It's part of the ACS or American Citizen Services... jerk.gif

At first I was thinking this was silly, but after reading, that is actually not bad advice. Not overly alarmist. It was something that was occasionally on my mind in HatYai last weekend as I was in the middle of about 2000 people at bike week. (And one of maybe 5 or 6 white faces)

You can subscribe to the email lists here: https://travelregistration.state.gov/ibrs/ui/pages/common/ConfirmSubscribe.aspx

Edited by ScubaBuddha