BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
cmjantje

Rottweiler

Somebody knows where to buy a real rottweiler pup?

I have one now but she really needs a playing mate.

My Rottweiler is born at a large kennel in Petchbury/Samut Songkran area. There are also some breeders in Surat.

Getting one more rottie puppy, you get yourself some hard work training them to be humanized and social/non aggressive

My Rottweiler is born at a large kennel in Petchbury/Samut Songkran area. There are also some breeders in Surat.

Getting one more rottie puppy, you get yourself some hard work training them to be humanized and social/non aggressive

Come and look at mine (4 years old)

I know about dogs, believe me!

There are no bad dogs, there are bad owners. My dog kills you! She is Licking you to death!

Edited by cmjantje

We got ours from the chap on the super-highway across from Big C. We met both her parents who were both very friendly and healthy and, although she's still relatively young at 18mnths, she's fantastic with everyone and everything. We trained and socialized her properly which is very important as you obviously know already. She doesn't have pedigree papers but those with papers are around 20k baht +++ and we paid 2000 baht.

We didn't choose a Rottweiler, we just wanted a dog and the fact she was a Rottweiler made no difference to us, my neighbour had one when I was a kid and it was the sweetest dog you'll ever meet so all the nonsense you see in the media and negative opinions (that are usually based purely on stereotype) didn't put me off. She is great with kids and other dogs, all she wants to do is play and has never shown ANY aggression to anyone or other dogs, when she encounters a dog who wants to fight instead of play she cowers behind me. People will always have negative opinions of Rottweilers but hopefully some will change their mind when they meet my Hollie, our neighbours already have as have other people who have met her and, despite their initial fear, they now know her and love the licks she gives them. And just today I took her to the vet for her twice monthly heartworm jab and the new guy who works there wanted to put on a muzzle while she had the jab but the vet and other staff said mai pen rai because they know her. She actually ended up having three injections as she needed two booster shots and, as usual, she showed no aggression to the vet even though she's not his biggest fan.

Like cmjantje said, there are no bad dogs just bad owners so please don't judge the breed, judge the deed! Sorry for the rant but it really p1sses me off when people make a judgement about a dog just because of the breed and it happens far too often!

Here's a pic of my dog which is a much more realistic image of the breed than the previous one.

post-61039-083805500 1281172406_thumb.jp

Unfortunitly with this breed of dog one has to generalize and there are some very good reasons why.

I'm sure both the dogs in question are great, friendly and wouldn't hurt a fly but, this breed and others, for example pit bulls are banned in many states of American and in some countries.

They are great guard dogs and will if, trained properly protect you and your family.

They are however the second most likely dog to attack humans.

In a nutshell thay cannot be trusted.

Sorry for rant but having had a family member attacked by a""friendly family rottweler" does make you extreemly cautios.

Skyblustu's dog is indeed a Lovely dog, I't came along on a Hash once. They always remind me of a Labrador on steriods.

When I pat a dog, I usually for some uknown reason , play with its mouth, I've never been bitten , and I've done this with hundreds of dogs, the Dog realises I'm just playing and acts accordingly.

I once did this with my uncles Rottweiler who was also a lovely dog, and I regretted it. It was painful, The dog literally didn't know its own strength. It should go without saying, but the strength in the dogs jaw is just unbelievable. Most owners will probably keep this fact in Mind. It has to be taken seriously I'm afraid.

Dindong, what is it they say, 99% of all statistics are made up on the spot? But I'm sure if you did some research on reported dog attacks then Rottweilers would be quite high up on the list but then if you delve deeper than you would find out the reason for this. I'm not going to try and explain more though as it's usually the case that when someone has made their mind up about something like this then they stick to it no matter what so I'd be wasting my time.

But part of the reason is something similar to this....Imagine that black Toyota Fortuners were one of the most popular cars on the road today but there were also quite a few movies where the bad guy drove a big, black Toyota Fortuner and people were killed/injured by it. Now imagine that the media (who make money by selling stories, many of which are made up or exaggerated, to ignorant and easily led people) highlighted every single incident involving a black Toyota Fortuner but didn't do the same with black MU7's or CRV's or even a little, cute Yaris or Jazz. Are you with me so far? Good. And because of these movies, as well as normal, responsible people owning black Fortuners, many stupid and irresponsible people without a driving license also got one (because of the perceived image it gave them) and drove while intoxicated or on drugs which resulted in some serious injuries and deaths which, naturally, resulted in more media hype about the big, bad, black Toyota Fortuner. So then, after a while of this happening, the majority of people had a totally irrational fear of every black Fortuner they saw even though most of them were being driven by responsible people. Hopefully you will understand what I'm trying to say, if not then mai pen rai.

And Jubby, if you insist on running out into the road in front of every car you saw then I'm sure, every now and then, one might accidentally hit you and if it's a Fortuner you're more likely to remember it more than a Nissan March. But, rest assured, next time you see my Hollie you can play with her mouth all you want, if she bites you (hard) I'll buy you a D-Tracker.

(Reason for edit, my dog licking my feet so I couldn't concentrate)

Edited by skybluestu

A D-Tracker Stu. Can you put an order in for me tommorow . I'll have a black one thanks. She'll bite me hard . I'm sure of it. I'll have tears in my eyes , just you wait and see B)

A D-Tracker Stu. Can you put an order in for me tommorow . I'll have a black one thanks. She'll bite me hard . I'm sure of it. I'll have tears in my eyes , just you wait and see B)

[/quote

OK, black one it is, that's my favourite too although I'm also quite fond of the new 'KTM' orange. But how will you ride it with only one hand?!

I sat on the ER6n and started it up that's for sale in the bike shop here in CR, beautiful bike and I can't get it out of my head. Guess I should hurry up and get the D-Tracker before I change my mind, if I saw a used 2010 ABS model I'd be mighty tempted!