BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
cmjantje

Rottweiler

Well aren't I a lucky boy then as my beautiful, sweet-natured, friendly, playful and non-aggressive female Rottweiler is only 32kg and very different to the vast majority of the vicious, ferocious beasts that these dogs normally turn out to be.

Bored now, can Mr Moderator close this thread, apart from giving scaremongers the opportunity to write nonsense it's pointless!

Yes, many stories abound concerning this subject.

I too, have a "Rottweiler gone bad" story. I hate to pick on the breed but the facts are the facts. Years ago, my younger brother attacked an old and half-lame German Sheppard. Myself and my other brothers tried to pull my younger brother away from the poor dog but my younger brother turned on us. Fortunately, he wasn't able to bite any of us. Unfortunately, he began to become more and more aggressive after that. We considered many options as a way to settle him down but we finally settled on neutering him. We took him to the vet for the procedure but the vet didn't like the idea. My brothers and I ended up doing the procedure at home. It took five of us to do it. It turns out the younger brother didn't like the idea either.

The procedure really didn't make him any less aggressive. In fact, he got worse. So, back to the vet we went, to have him put down but again, the vet didn't like the idea. So, we took him home and put him to sleep ourselves. It was a tough thing to do. My father was especially upset because his golf clubs suffered quite a bit from that procedure.

Later, both of my parents began to miss my younger brother. My brothers and I bought them the most aggressive, dangerous Rottweiler we could find, as a substitute for my brother. All was well for a short time but the dog eventually started to become a lap dog and to play nicely with the neighbor's cats. The longer time went on, the less afraid everyone became of him. He finally died of old age after spending the last ten years of his life sitting on chicken eggs and hatching them in the hen house. So, all in all, I would say you have to be a careful.

Your 'Barking Mad' Kd. :D ........... please resist the temptation to bump this thread in a couple of months ;)

Well aren't I a lucky boy then as my beautiful, sweet-natured, friendly, playful and non-aggressive female Rottweiler is only 32kg and very different to the vast majority of the vicious, ferocious beasts that these dogs normally turn out to be.

Bored now, can Mr Moderator close this thread, apart from giving scaremongers the opportunity to write nonsense it's pointless!

Sorry. I forgot about the "Don't have fun on Thursdays" rule.

Just watch the thread I started and find out about the two camps like I wrote before.

Update on my stories: Two months ago I bought a beautiful boxer. I was afraid of only one thing; the two bitches could not go together well.... They are doing beautiful.

Update on my previous stories: The seller of the boxer wanted to send her to me after 6 weeks. I gently asked him to leave the pup at least 8 weeks with the mother to socialize. After 9 weeks I got her and both me and Schnapps, my rotti are training her.

Sorry. I forgot about the "Don't have fun on Thursdays" rule.

Did I quote you KD? No, so don't be so sensitive. Your post was obviously tongue-in-cheek and not scaremongering (although I'm not sure why you chose to resurrect this thread, it only attracts daft posts from dumb & dumber which I then feel obliged to reply to), the ones I was referring to were the "I once knew a guy with a 1 tonne Rottweiler/werewolf cross that used to eat babies for breakfast' etc etc

Hopefully you'll take on board Jubby's request and not bump this thread again but if you do I'll promise not to post again regardless of how much sh1t people write.

I'll leave you with this video of a Rottweiler which shows the TRUE temperament of these beautiful dogs, hope you enjoy it, it has over 2 million hits!

Quote: "Did I quote you KD? No, so don't be so sensitive. Your post was obviously tongue-in-cheek and not scaremongering (although I'm not sure why you chose to resurrect this thread, it only attracts daft posts from dumb & dumber which I then feel obliged to reply to), the ones I was referring to were the "I once knew a guy with a 1 tonne Rottweiler/werewolf cross that used to eat babies for breakfast' etc etc

Hopefully you'll take on board Jubby's request and not bump this thread again but if you do I'll promise not to post again regardless of how much sh1t people write.

I'll leave you with this video of a Rottweiler which shows the TRUE temperament of these beautiful dogs, hope you enjoy it, it has over 2 million hits!"

It is still,Thursday. I'm still having fun. I'm not sensitive about this at all.rolleyes.gif

But I didn't watch the video. I don't watch any of them on here.

Just between you and I (nobody else read this, okay?laugh.gif), I was having fun with your known good humor when I resurrected the thread. And, I'll probably do it again. And some of the late-comers will probably weigh in. And things won't change one bit between your dog and you, or cmjantje's dogs and him.

But just to get us all back on track, I will concur with something cmjantje said. An older dog will help a whole lot when you bring a new pup on the place. I never had to teach my Great Pyrenees pups anything. The older dogs knew the do's and don'ts and they made sure the little ones learned them quickly.

Edited by kandahar

Now look what you've made me do, I promised not to post on this thread again but here I am!

But as it's now only between you and I it doesn't matter as I know you won't mind that I broke my promise.

Young dogs, old dogs, big dogs, small dogs....they're just dogs! I had a lovely walk with Pat this morning, he's huge, his arms are as big as my legs and I'm sure IF he wanted to he could do me a lot of damage. I sometimes enjoy watching UFC and Muay Thai, there are guys who are much smaller & lighter than me who would put me in hospital within about 10 seconds IF they wanted to. I saw a policeman with a gun earlier, he could have shot me IF he wanted to. The word IF is used far too often when people try to justify their opinion about Rottweilers (and a whole host of other things).

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, it's the size of the fight in the dog!

The End

ps...I won't tell Jubby you don't watch his videos, I know he only posts them for you ;)

There are no bad dogs, there are bad owners. My dog kills you! She is Licking you to death!

There is an owner of one of these dogs on another forum, he had his dog poisoned because he is an outright ahole. He kept his dog alive and in pain and agaony for a year and it is on its last legs now still in agony and he will not have it put down because he cannot lose it.

Yes, you are correct about bad owners.

Does somebody post videos here? :huh:

Oh, wait a second, I’m the Golden Retriever guy so I shouldn’t be here, should I. Unlike with people, I have never met a dog I didn’t like. Can’t say for sure if either the dogs or the people like me, but thankfully only the dogs lick me...usually. ;)

funny to see my rotties in a video, most of them behave the same. I m on my third one, used to have other working dogs before rotties

post-81971-0-44098700-1294913426_thumb.j

rotties are usually stubborn and very oriented to complete the task they have been given, thus not very suitable for a first dog owner. But for experienced owners willing to spend some time giving dog jobs to do, its one of the most rewarding dogs in the world. Loyal, playfull, never gives up on a task, fearless and sometimes like a baby just wanting to curl up in your lap