Translation Services

jubby

I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in Translation services here in Chiang Rai.

I know of a couple of Guys from the US who require me to translate Woralak's written Dialect to English.

My English isn't too good either but I used to read Viz magazine and eventually got the hang of 'Sid the Sexist'

So I generally understand most of it, and he cracks me up :lol:

I won't discuss fees on here as I believe its against forum rules. But if anyone else requires this service I'm sure I can provide it for a small fee.

Maybe I'll start with a 'word a day' on here , free of charge as a good Gesture :D

I'm going to be offline for a couple of days, so won't be around to defend myself B)

Edited by jubby

I'll go for the free "One word a day" deal. I understand him completely in person. I don't understand half of what he writes here. But I wouldn't want him to dumb it down for a non UK dude like myself. I'm sure the UK thing hits the spot for lots of you folks out there. So, one word a day, I'll learn it.

I'll go for the free "One word a day" deal. I understand him completely in person. I don't understand half of what he writes here. But I wouldn't want him to dumb it down for a non UK dude like myself. I'm sure the UK thing hits the spot for lots of you folks out there. So, one word a day, I'll learn it.

years of listening to people from the north of the UK means many of us no longer need subtitles, unless they're talking to each other! However, the local town halls in many UK towns offer translation services. Languages include Bengali, Urdu, Hindi, Polish etc. some more enlightened local authorities offer their people translation of documents into 'Oop Norf' too :D

I believe these days there are pocket sized electronic phrase books which I would recommend to anyone travelling north of the M25

Nothing from Woralak ? . I bet he's not even looked at the Thread seeing as he's probably not interested in Translation Services anyway.

I was expecting quite a few sentences to translate for sure B)

Anyway, thats a relief, I wasn't really sure wether this thread would still be here when I got back :whistling:

What do our colonial Cousins think of Sid the Sexist, by the way. He cracks me up.

Then again I don't have an oxford education and I didn't have my funny bone extracted at Birth :)

Nothing from Woralak ? . I bet he's not even looked at the Thread seeing as he's probably not interested in Translation Services anyway.

Anyway, thats a relief, I wasn't really sure wether this thread would still be here when I got back :whistling:

What do our colonial Cousins think of Sid the Sexist, by the way. He cracks me up.

Then again I don't have an oxford education and I didn't have my funny bone extracted at Birth :)

Hadaway n <deleted>,ya na am up fo owt.

I'm going to struggle with this one. I think he's telling me to take a dump and that he's game for a laugh. I think I'll do just that. Maybe have a Shower and a Haircut also :)

Sh!t, I've just discovered I can do it too. Im my own local dialect :-

Where 'as tha bin since ah saw thee, ah saw thee. On Ilkley Moor b'ah ... On Ilkley Moor b'ah t'at. Tha's gonna catch tha death of cold, death ...

Hey woralak, you aren't a glaswegian by any chance? :ph34r:

Hey woralak, you aren't a glaswegian by any chance? :ph34r:

I suspect he's in disguise. He's probably a Makam or a monkey Hanger ! :whistling:

Kd wants to know wether you want owt from Mai Sai

Edited by jubby

Loch Ness Monster Joke

A lady goes into a bar with Nessie on a leash. The bartender looks over and says, ''Hey, you cannae bring that ugly fat pig in here.''

''Excuse me,” said the lady indignantly, “but if you’d put your glasses on you’d see that this is the Loch Ness Monster.''

''Ah wisnae takin’ tae you,” says the barman, “Ah wis takin’ tae the monster.'' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap2::drunk:

This is a good place to start. Where is my free word for today?

Ok, your free word for today is 'owt' = anything :)

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/owt

Thanks. We will go with that. I'll tear up this worthless contract I have from jubby and enter into a new one with you.

OK up to you, but you may want to check the small print on jubby's contract, I think it mentions something to do with his in-laws and 'massage'

My contracts include a monthly stipend, visa runs and a work permit :)

This is a good place to start. Where is my free word for today?

Ok, your free word for today is 'owt' = anything :)

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/owt

Thanks. We will go with that. I'll tear up this worthless contract I have from jubby and enter into a new one with you.

OK up to you, but you may want to check the small print on jubby's contract, I think it mentions something to do with his in-laws and 'massage'

My contracts include a monthly stipend, visa runs and a work permit :)

Biff, you're fired. And I'll be expecting a FULL refund.

Anyone else out there offering "free" translation services at one word a day? C'mon people. Don't make me buy a Rottweiler.

'Owt' dunt count. neither does 'Nowt' , both common northern sayings, not 100% Geordie,

try finding Hadaway or Givvint on Wiki ; ya Cockney Sparra B)

:lol: I thought I'd start him off slowly, I didn't need wiki for myself, plenty of northerners down here pinching our jobs! But I thought, seeing as a contract was up for grabs, I'd back it up with something kd could check out :P

'Owt' dunt count. neither does 'Nowt' , both common northern sayings, not 100% Geordie,

try finding Hadaway or Givvint on Wiki ; ya Cockney Sparra B)

:lol: I thought I'd start him off slowly, I didn't need wiki for myself, plenty of northerners down here pinching our jobs! But I thought, seeing as a contract was up for grabs, I'd back it up with something kd could check out :P

Hadaway n <deleted> !? ;) .... :D