Translation Services

jubby

This is a good place to start. Where is my free word for today?

Ok, your free word for today is 'owt' = anything :)

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/owt

Thanks. We will go with that. I'll tear up this worthless contract I have from jubby and enter into a new one with you.

OK up to you, but you may want to check the small print on jubby's contract, I think it mentions something to do with his in-laws and 'massage'

My contracts include a monthly stipend, visa runs and a work permit :)

Biff, you're fired. And I'll be expecting a FULL refund.

Anyone else out there offering "free" translation services at one word a day? C'mon people. Don't make me buy a Rottweiler.

Awright awright me old china, you're in a right two and eight now ay? you're avin a bubble if you think you're doin a crafty one son, Tell you what, i'll bell your dog and let you know what the apple is before it comes on top. A monkey should cover it. Kushty!

Dell Boy. Don't know what time it is in Peckham, but its well past my bedtime here in the rai . Laters ;)

Ah yes, Peckham, the jewel of South London. That would be like saying a Yorkshireman was from Lancashire or a Geordie was a Mackem :lol:

East London Jubs, I'm from EAST London :P

Dell Boy. Don't know what time it is in Peckham, but its well past my bedtime here in the rai . Laters ;)

Ah yes, Peckham, the jewel of South London. That would be like saying a Yorkshireman was from Lancashire or a Geordie was a Mackem :lol:

To my untrained Ear Biff, you White Anglo-Saxon minorities darn sarf all sound the same :D

I did just google 'Cannie' and it came back as Cannibal , that can't be right surely. I think Woralak will have to explain it to me over a bottle of Tiger in the not too distant future.

you learn something everyday, did you know they had there own regional Anthem

This should do the trick.

http://www.geordie.org.uk/

Brilliant Stu, but it kinda makes my Translation service obsolete :)

:sorry:But your clients won't get the same 'personal service' you provide if they use this link, I'm sure you won't lose too much business!

personal Service, I hadn't thought of that.

KInda reminds me what the wife says about me ending up selling my @rse down Jetyod Road. :D

To my untrained Ear Biff, you White Anglo-Saxon minorities darn sarf all sound the same :D

I did just google 'Cannie' and it came back as Cannibal , that can't be right surely. I think Woralak will have to explain it to me over a bottle of Tiger in the not too distant future.

you learn something everyday, did you know they had there own regional Anthem

Soz Jubbs A wus gittin me I's n E's mixed wi me Y's it shud be Canny.

Please accept my humble apologies.

canny (comparative cannier, superlative canniest)

1. Careful, prudent, cautious.

2. Knowing, shrewd, astute.

3. Frugal, thrifty.

4. (Northumbrian) Pleasant, nice.

She's a canny lass hor like!

5. (Northumbrian) Very or much.

That's a canny big horse man!

Hey Woralak , Thats a canny Big Horse man ! .... or are ya just pleased to see me :)

canny (comparative cannier, superlative canniest)

1. Careful, prudent, cautious.

2. Knowing, shrewd, astute.

3. Frugal, thrifty.

4. (Northumbrian) Pleasant, nice.

She's a canny lass hor like!

5. (Northumbrian) Very or much.

That's a canny big horse man!

Hey Woralak , Thats a canny Big Horse man ! .... or are ya just pleased to see me :)

Divint na aboot that marra.

Divint na aboot that marra.

Just put 'marra' through Stu's Online Translation service and it came back with :-

The English:

marra

The Geordie:

marra

I'm sure the geordies would have something canny to say about that :D

So now when I hear those from the other side of the pond speaking disparagingly about American English, I will bask in the knowledge that they don't even understand what those in the neighboring county are saying, without a translation service. ;)

Bask in it VF. Go ahead mate.

Its not Just different counties, It could be the next chuffing village :)

I blame the romans; they should have built interstates and given us all V8's, instead of building those Bloody Aqeducts. Whats bloody use is an Aqeduct . even if I cant spell it :D

So now when I hear those from the other side of the pond speaking disparagingly about American English, I will bask in the knowledge that they don't even understand what those in the neighboring county are saying, without a translation service. ;)

Yeah but we can spell ENGLISH.:whistling: ie! colour over the pond color ?.B)

I blame the romans; they should have built interstates and given us all V8's, instead of building those Bloody Aqeducts. Whats bloody use is an Aqeduct . even if I cant spell it :D

Soonds a bit like Jubby's phantom.

Soonds a bit like Jubby's phantom.

Thanks Woralak for promoting my Phantom. I was thinking of selling it.

Your going to have to do better than that to keep VF down ;-)

I didn't spot that Soonds. Its brilliant, does it just come naturally, you have a real gift Woralak

Edited by jubby

We all notice that your bunch spells lots of words wrong. Color certainly isn't the only one. But we usually politely let it pass. However, if any of you cross-ponders need translations, let me know. Free service, though maybe not always timely.

We all notice that your bunch spells lots of words wrong. Color certainly isn't the only one. But we usually politely let it pass. However, if any of you cross-ponders need translations, let me know. Free service, though maybe not always timely.

The missus took some english classes a couple of years ago with a Thai lady (teacher) who had spent 8years over the pond,(100baht an hr) not bad but it totally confused us both i was having to correct her spelling all the time,anyway she did 10 sessions and we fell out quite a bit over her spelling,i went to speak to the teacher and she said this is how SHE was taught and that's how she was teaching her pupils,needless to say the missus never went back.

I bought a talking dictionary at (Tesco) Mea Sai Thai/English (1,900baht),her English has improved a lot as im sure you can verify Kd,just thought this might be a good tip before making the same mistake as me.

The missus took some english classes a couple of years ago with a Thai lady (teacher) who had spent 8years over the pond,(100baht an hr) not bad but it totally confused us both i was having to correct her spelling all the time,anyway she did 10 sessions and we fell out quite a bit over her spelling,i went to speak to the teacher and she said this is how SHE was taught and that's how she was teaching her pupils,needless to say the missus never went back.

I bought a talking dictionary at (Tesco) Mea Sai Thai/English (1,900baht),her English has improved a lot as im sure you can verify Kd,just thought this might be a good tip before making the same mistake as me.

I suspect if the teacher was teaching the spelling differently from the way you know, she was doing it right. So sorry to hear that your misses gave up on an improved learning session and fell back into the bad habits you have shared with her.

But yes, your misses does speak English very nicely.

Point of curiosity. Do the non yanks have as much trouble understanding me with my "southern" accent as I do with some of them, particularily when they are holding court. Or is it the fault of my jet engine and R&R damaged ears.

This should do the trick.

http://www.geordie.org.uk/

Brilliant Stu, but it kinda makes my Translation service obsolete :)

:sorry:But your clients won't get the same 'personal service' you provide if they use this link, I'm sure you won't lose too much business!

personal Service, I hadn't thought of that.

KInda reminds me what the wife says about me ending up selling my @rse down Jetyod Road. :D

I though that was more along the lines of 'ha sip satang? mai por!' or maybe that's what you said? ;)

Indeed,, at my school there was a class in 'bumpkin' but no-one could understand the teacher.

As for being disparaging, it's a national sport, one that we might win something at!

Anyway, you only changed some spellings out of orneriness (see how I slipped in my free word of the day from kd there?) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Point of curiosity. Do the non yanks have as much trouble understanding me with my "southern" accent as I do with some of them, particularily when they are holding court. Or is it the fault of my jet engine and R&R damaged ears.

Scorpio , talking Jet engines; see if you can get your damaged ears around this one. Its a little bit further south than Woralak's birthplace and the accent is slightly different. I think its Hilarious. Interested to know what you yanks think of it.

Scorpio , talking Jet engines; see if you can get your damaged ears around this one. Its a little bit further south than Woralak's birthplace and the accent is slightly different. I think its Hilarious. Interested to know what you yanks think of it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Great. Actually did understand about 95%. Of course it helps to have pictures. My score may have dropped considerably without.