Work Permit

hi all, just a quick question about the work permit situation, if you are employed by a school and you have a work permit, does this permit cover you to teach privately outside of the school, or do you need some other documentation as well,

Be extremely careful about that. If you want to supplement your income through private classes, do not tell anyone you work with, just in case. It is a common practice but it is against the terms of your work permit and it could cause you problems.

Good luck.

So if one is teaching elsewhere after your normal teaching day in a school you will need a work permit .

If you were teaching at lets say four different locations, are you allowed to have four work permits, what are the tax regulations, do they ( the work permits) all expire at different times, if so how does that affect ones visa status ?

I certainly know of one person who teaches at two different locations on the weekend and at two different locations during the week after finishing his work at a Thai school E.P.

It is, or was a few years ago, to get an 'addendum' to your work permit allowing for a specific type of work in a specific place. I have no idea how you do it, but I know a lady who taught for the gov't (police academy) through a contact with an agency. She had a work permit for it. Later, her second boss at a private company, added his place to the work permit.

The boss was in a family fight over the business and was basically afraid someone was going to report him to the authorities. Most, if not all, the people I know, however, just work without legal authorization.