Ban Phe And Rayong Bars

Rayongy

Seems to me there is a market for a good Irish bar or equivalent in Rayong. Why is there no proper strip?

What is a good Irish bar, and what makes it different to a normal good bar?

Personally when I see another of these plastic Paddy bars appear my initial thought is, there goes the neighbourhood.

Not restricted to Irish bars, I feel the same way about Starbucks and all the other crapola from the west, watched as some budget backpacker was asking about wifi the other week, whats that all about.

After all the above are in place, sit back and wait for the jet ski scammers, unmetered taxis etc etc to move in like sharks on a feeding frenzy

No proper strip, head to Pattaya or Ban Chang, if you speak Thai all you want is available, its just not in yer face.

There are many love the area just the way it is, if they didnt they would be in Pattaya, personally I rent a house in Chan and dont miss anything Pattaya has to offer.

• 2 weeks later...
All in all if u dont live in ban phe how do u quickly make these assumptions and based on what 1 or 2 sessions in any of the pubs in phe.

True. True. I do not live there. I am just a man who wants to spend some good times with my friends and family on a holiday. You sign as bedrock? really?

I understand - your tourist customers and income must conform to your rules of your house. Your drunkie idiots are the important people.

Interesting business plans you have - "you are a tourist - f*** you "

Ha!

Now definite. Ban Phe is low life.

All in all if u dont live in ban phe how do u quickly make these assumptions and based on what 1 or 2 sessions in any of the pubs in phe.

True. True. I do not live there. I am just a man who wants to spend some good times with my friends and family on a holiday. You sign as bedrock? really?

I understand - your tourist customers and income must conform to your rules of your house. Your drunkie idiots are the important people.

Interesting business plans you have - "you are a tourist - f*** you "

Ha!

Now definite. Ban Phe is low life.

Yes really Bedrock!!!! There are intoxicated people all over the world my friend. At the end of the day the house rule is if you fight or cause trouble you are asked to leave and possibly will be banned and that goes for all the bars. On behalf of the Bar owners in Ban Phe including me we apologise if you and your group were upset with all the bars customers and their activities/actions. Comments from you like "Ban Phe Low Life" "your tourist customers conform to our bar rules" "your drunkie idiots important people" "you are a tourist - f*** you" . Your writing shows and illustrates the type of person you are, but never mind about that our apology stands. In the 3 years i hav had Bedrock

u are the first one that has written about what u dont like and cast doubts over a community (BAN PHE LOW LIFE). Amazing intelligence

Rgds Mark @ Bedrock

I have just read this topic and ask all participants to settle down & post in a civilized manner. If you cannot refrain from aggressive, trollish posts and personal attacks, please do not contribute further.

Close the thread Moderator!!!!!!!

^ I second that, but suggest delete it.

Perhaps start again on a simple 'facts' basis, ie name and address of bar, if there's meals available, a restaurant attached, accommodation, cost range, suitability for eg families or budget travelers or whatever . . .

Something that might be useful to people like us who may travel there on occasion.

^ I second that, but suggest delete it.

Perhaps start again on a simple 'facts' basis, ie name and address of bar, if there's meals available, a restaurant attached, accommodation, cost range, suitability for eg families or budget travelers or whatever . . .

Something that might be useful to people like us who may travel there on occasion.

I'll give u my perspective on quality locations in Ban Phe sutiable for families and Single adults

Christes Restaraunt & Guesthouse (Thai/American owner)

Beach Rd Ban Phe

Guesthouse Rooms, Cable TV neat clean and professionaly run. Restaraunt

attached with a 2nd hand bookshop called Bluesky books. Big Menu Thai and Western dishes.They have a website so u can google it.

Flat screens for viewing sports, news etc

Bedrock Guesthouse Bar & Grill (Ozzie/Thai)

Beach Rd Ban Phe

Guesthouse Rooms. Sat TV for sports news etc. Neat clean and professionally run. Western grill located in Bar. Seperate Thai kitchen.

Beer Garden. Big Menu Thai and Western Dishes.

They have a website so u can google it.

Mocka Bar/Restaraunt (french/Thai Owner)

Great Bar and excellent food and music. French twist to the food Beach rd sitting directly opposite the ocean. No website yet.

Manu Bar and Restaraunt (Belgium/Thai Owner)

beach rd ban phe near Mocka Bar

Excellent location and great bar food. No website yet. Sat Tv for sports and news

Charlie's Bar (English/Thai)

Beach rd Ban Phe (behind the big 7-11)

Nice simple bar good music you can choose yrself from their pc. No food but u can order in. No website. Cable tv flat screens for viewing sports news etc

I guess thats as simple as it gets.

Rgds Mark

^ a forum for information, advice . . .

^^ thanks - was not aware there was a used bookshop there, worth a trip up we're near C'buri city and no English language books here

cheers

Further to that note, I have no personal connection to it, but know that the bookstore is very well organized if you want to look for something specific, unlike most used bookstores in Thailand. Good for browsing, too, and an excellent selection of books.

My personal recommendation to Blue Sky Books.

The owner of the bookstore is Jim Christie. He also has written a few books. Very knowledgeable

cheers

^ a forum for information, advice . . .

^^ thanks - was not aware there was a used bookshop there, worth a trip up we're near C'buri city and no English language books here

cheers

Further to that note, I have no personal connection to it, but know that the bookstore is very well organized if you want to look for something specific, unlike most used bookstores in Thailand. Good for browsing, too, and an excellent selection of books.

My personal recommendation to Blue Sky Books.

Seems to me there is a market for a good Irish bar or equivalent in Rayong. Why is there no proper strip?

I think the bottom line is there aren't enough Westerners in Rayong to make one profitable.

My personal recommendation to Blue Sky Books

Agreed, a very nice little bookstore. :thumbsup: