Spanish Woman Arrested At Suvarnabhumi With 3.1kg Of 'Ice'

webfact

Spanish woman arrested allegedly with 3.1 kgs of 'ice'

A Spanish woman was arrested at the Suvarnabhumi International Airport for smuggling 3.1 kilograms of 'ice' - crystal methamphetamine, police said Tuesday.

Following a tip-off that a drug smuggler will pass through the airport, police Monday afternoon apprehended 52-year-old Maria Neves Garcia Alcaraz, who traveled from Ethiopia's Addis Ababa by an Ethiopian Airline EL608 to Thailand, after they found the 'ice' hidden in her travel bag's bottom. But she claimed that the bag wasn't hers but an African man from Ghana's Accra City gave to her to take to Indonesia's Bali City and that she didn't know the bag had the drug in it. Police charged her for having the drug in possession with intention to sell.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-08-10

Spain- Ethiopia - Bali is such a logical route.

So many Spanish housewives go shopping for coffee in Ethiopia before flying to Bali ( where coffee can't possibly be as bad as the Nescafé they serve in Thailand however).

Better for her to be caught in BKK than Bali .

The question should be , who is doin all the tipping off recently of these drug mules ? Is it a greater source that is setting these people up to protect their own drugs trade ?

Just seems strange that recently there have been daily cases of drug arrests at the airport , and it can't be the local doin the work at the airport as they are always asleep !

Will they never learn? Single woman coming from Addis Ababa, unknown guy from Ghana asks her to take a suitcase to Bali via Bangkok, doesn't know it contains drugs? It's hard to have any sympathy for such people.

she never told how much she was paid.

The question should be , who is doin all the tipping off recently of these drug mules ? Is it a greater source that is setting these people up to protect their own drugs trade ?

Just seems strange that recently there have been daily cases of drug arrests at the airport , and it can't be the local doin the work at the airport as they are always asleep !

I think that anyone involved in drugs reaps what they sow but its strange that there have been so many caught here over the past few months is it down to better police work or an increase in drug trafficking.

The question should be , who is doin all the tipping off recently of these drug mules ?

I personally don't care.

Just so glad it is happening.

Now if the government would follow the law & execute the offenders according to Thai law.

Just a dream.

In Singapore & Indo she would be krapping her pants.

It's quite easy to work out who is doing the tipping off...it is the head dealers/traffickers themselves...they tip off the authorities that a certain person will be carrying drugs, the authorities put all their resources into apprehending this person. In the meantime other less expendable drug mules pass through without detection. The loss of a couple of kilos of drug is worth it if many more kilos can pass through customs undetected. And the customs authorities are happy because they look good for finding the dumb arse drugs mule who has been set up. Winners all round !!

52 year Spaniard, helping a Ghana man (probably disabled) to take the bag to Bali, where she would get some $5000 to enjoy the local brew and boys.

When she grows up, she would learn to say "F'ck no,to men from Ghana ".

"Did you pack the items into the bag your self madam?"

"Yes"

She knew there were drugs in the bag. Even if she didn't look inside the bag she would have suspected there was something dodgy going on!

To quote George Carlin:

Anyone can get on an airplane and I'll tell you why. They know they are not a security risk because they have answered the three big questions.

Question #1:

"Did you pack your bags yourself?"

"No, Carrot Top packed my bags. He and Martha Stewart and Florence Henderson came over to the house last night, fixed me a lovely lobster Newburg, gave me a full body massage with sacred oils from India, performed a four way 'round the world', and then they packed my bags.

Next question:

"Have your bags been in your possession the whole time?"

"No. Usually the night before I travel---just as the moon is rising---I place my bags out on the street corner and leave them there, unattended, for several hours. Just for good luck.

Next question:

"Has any unknown person asked you to take anything on board?"

"Well, what exactly is an 'unknown person'? Surely everyone is known to someone. In fact, just this morning, Kareem and Youssef Ali ben Gabba seemed to know each other quite well. They kept joking about which one of my suitcases was the heaviest."