Overstay.

Hi,

personally speaking, i've had three overstays, the longest being 5 years. those were the pre-taksin days, when things were reasonably mai pen rai!

my last overstay, over a year, i went to the airport and paid my 20 grand. i had a ticket out of here, to australia. no problems. just be apologetic, bow your head in submission, and then they'll feel sorry for you.

good luck. and oh, don't be frightened by ignorant posts, saying that you have to pay 200 baht per day up to 11 months. there is, thank god, a ceiling. it's one i'm very familiar with.

good luck

forest dweller

It is great to hear it has worked out for you and with such ease. DON’T DO IT AGAIN :o

I believe I posted that he should have the 10,000 Baht just in case. It is a rule now I believe and I felt it was better to mention it rather than overlook it.

After all with an overstay like that it would be better to be fully prepared and humble when dealing with the immigration department especially when there is no way to get around you being wrong.

No one knows how he was going to react when he returns especially if the paying process on exit went badly. Or Singapore went badly, if it was too much pressure and he came back overstressed and gave them some attitude being unprepared they could have said:

I would like to see you forwarding ticket and since you plan to stay for (11 months) 30 days this time we require you to have the equivalent of 10,000 Baht. If not humble to this fact man he could have been stuck.

That was the only reason I brought it up, I am not aware of anyone ever having this happen to them but the possibility is there.

The best thing to avoid these types of situations is get the proper visa to maintain a lengthy stay or to cross those boarders after all what does it cost? I think boarder and transportation maybe 2000Baht to 2500Baht

Sorry guys I hve to reply in Swedish !

Hur jäkla dum får man vara, stanna längre än man har visa, passet i dåligt skick.

Amäl att du har tappat ditt pass till Svenska ambasaden i Bangkok, Har du tur så finnns du ej med i rullorna, beror på vilken väg du kom in.

Kommer du med ett sådant dåligt pass skulle jag gissa på att du sitter i spjället på Don muang till de har fastställt vem du är, lycka till !

:D

<deleted>!!!! :D

We wait nine months for the first post of yours and that´s the best you can do??

:D:o

Believe you are talking about the requirement to have 10k per person when entering Thailand and that is for any entry, anywhere.  But it is not likely to be checked at airports for most travelers and even at land crossings it is not likely.  But there is always the spot check here and there so best to be safe.

First on the ovestay as such. From all what I hear, it is no problem as long as you reach the border point to pay the fine.

More trouble some, if you are checked while in side the country and found out. This can (and will) lead to arrest, deportation and being declared PNG (not allowed to come back).

As for the monetary requirement. Yes, rarely checked at the airports. Last week, however, the farang in front of me was asked to show the money, When he told the immigration officer he will get it in Bangkok, was refused and sent away to get cash. HIs appearance might have been one reason for it, off-white t-shirt, short pants, sandals and a small rucksack.

Believe you are talking about the requirement to have 10k per person when entering Thailand and that is for any entry, anywhere.  But it is not likely to be checked at airports for most travelers and even at land crossings it is not likely.  But there is always the spot check here and there so best to be safe.

First on the ovestay as such. From all what I hear, it is no problem as long as you reach the border point to pay the fine.

More trouble some, if you are checked while in side the country and found out. This can (and will) lead to arrest, deportation and being declared PNG (not allowed to come back).

As for the monetary requirement. Yes, rarely checked at the airports. Last week, however, the farang in front of me was asked to show the money, When he told the immigration officer he will get it in Bangkok, was refused and sent away to get cash. HIs appearance might have been one reason for it, off-white t-shirt, short pants, sandals and a small rucksack.

They never learn do they ? :o